Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...tfc not like leafs, eh? wake up mlse...quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    Section
    Row
    Seats
    Description
    25 - 26
    Price Level 8

Type
    Full Price Tickets
    Price
    CA $95.50 x 2
    Price Details
    Price Details

Type
    Full Price Tickets
    Ticket Price
    CA $88.00 x 2
    Convenience Charge
    CA $7.50 x 2

SUBTOTAL*
    CA $191.00
    Those prices are severely f#cked up to see TFC. It is no wonder people will not buy them, it is a total disgrace. With those prices you could probably see 85% of premiership teams, 100% of Bundesliga, etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    Those prices are severely f#cked up to see TFC. It is no wonder people will not buy them, it is a total disgrace. With those prices you could probably see 85% of premiership teams, 100% of Bundesliga, etc etc
    mlse is finding out the hard way that our purchase behavior is very different than the business executive leaf fans who own the platinum section.

i guess the high prices could be traced back to the teacher's union solely caring about profits, team results / fan experience are irrelevant characteristics to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blahahaha isnt that somethin?

its part of the 5 year plan to price us out of the stadium. my tickets are pretty close to doubling in the next year or so. I paid 480 the first year and last year I think it was about 712 dollars for the two.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, er, what percentage of the visiting allocation is it that's being made available ? Or, to ask it another way, how many SOB's are we likely to see, d'you reckon ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Its the brilliant strategy of selling the north end to walk ups.
    North end seems to be sold-out for the first weekend game. Strategy seems to work for regular priced weekend games.

Oh well, I expect they will simply sell more seasons tickets next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    North end seems to be sold-out for the first weekend game. Strategy seems to work for regular priced weekend games.

Oh well, I expect they will simply sell more seasons tickets next year.
    Sold doesn't equal butts in seats. If scalpers scooped em they could be empty come game time. I just hope the place isn't 'sold out' with 3000+ empty seats, thats the worst look in sports IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that supply has overestimated demand. Perhaps supply has also miscalculated price elasticity as it relates an underperforming product in a market saturated with underperforming products.
    Last edited by DOMIN8R; 04-12-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Correction
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    Section
    Row
    Seats
    Description
    25 - 26
    Price Level 8

Type
    Full Price Tickets
    Price
    CA $95.50 x 2
    Price Details
    Price Details

Type
    Full Price Tickets
    Ticket Price
    CA $88.00 x 2
    Convenience Charge
    CA $7.50 x 2

SUBTOTAL*
    CA $191.00
    the only decent priced seats are the one in the supporter section and its standing only!......

People with family and kids.....cant afford to go with prices jacked like that in the sit down areas.... TFC has been over priced since day one.....There prices are higher then many top leagues in the world...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Sold doesn't equal butts in seats. If scalpers scooped em they could be empty come game time. I just hope the place isn't 'sold out' with 3000+ empty seats, thats the worst look in sports IMO.
    I'd be surprised if scalpers purchased many north end tickets for a weeknight game; they know they are not the easiest ones to move.

But with many season ticket holders not attending every game - particularily weeknight games - I wouldn't be suprised if the stadium is a bit sparse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, according the last e-mailing, they've released Montreal tickets for sale.

And Ticketmaster is indeed offering tickets in row 26 of Section 104. What rows are the supporters sections; 26 must be pretty close if it's not in.

Aren't we going to see a full contingent of Impact supporters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. I got two tickets to see West Ham, behind the goal, row 8 and they aren't anywhere near close to that amount.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, according the last e-mailing, they've released Montreal tickets for sale.
    This is another classic PR lie by TFC. Montreal tickets had been widely available since the public onsale.

They use this wording to hide the fact that the tickets aren't moving as fast as they'd like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    This is another classic PR lie by TFC. Montreal tickets had been widely available since the public onsale.

They use this wording to hide the fact that the tickets aren't moving as fast as they'd like.
    umm ... my point was that it seemed the supporters section for the Montreal game appeared to be for sale, and I was wondering if there was a lack of supporters coming.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm ... my point was that it seemed the supporters section for the Montreal game appeared to be for sale, and I was wondering if there was a lack of supporters coming.
    Ya, but the email about the Montreal game didn't mention supporter's section like the Philly email did.

They made it sound like this was the first time they were releasing tickets, probably in the hopes of increasing sales.

I know the Montreal Ultras were planning a trip, maybe they didn't get the numbers they were hoping?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been trying to sell tickets on here for the past 4-5 days now. Last year they would be snatched up in a heartbeat, but this year nothing is moving. People should definitely check this thread before going through ticketmaster as there are lots of great seats for sale on here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I've been trying to sell tickets on here for the past 4-5 days now. Last year they would be snatched up in a heartbeat, but this year nothing is moving. People should definitely check this thread before going through ticketmaster as there are lots of great seats for sale on here.
    Plus you avoid the service charges...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just went on the tickettrader on the TFC website lots of seats for the opener and some other games. Just grabbed a pair in 112 for the New England game.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We also haven't really talked about what will happen next year if the scalpers don't make the profits they expect to make this year off TFC tickets.

If the scalpers get killed this year because they overbought and there's no market, they won't do it again next year. And that'll mean ticketmaster will be awash in seats, and BMO will be that little bit emptier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question (and I ask in all innocence). A lot (but not all) of those "unsold" tickets on the forum are going for "face". For examples, $40 for a ticket in Yellow.

But that's a lot more than season tickets pay for them. An entire season at face is 5 games at $40, 12 games at $26, and 1 game at $52; for a total of $564 compared to the $361 a (new) season ticket holder paid. That's a 56% mark-up!

Shouldn't a STH be selling a premium game to other supporters at closer to $25 and a regular game closer to $17, so as not to profit?

Perhaps this was discussed before, and I apologise if I've missed it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the wrong comparison. Those league have significantly better TV revenue that subsidizes the tickets. A better comparison is to other MLS teams. I promise, you will be just as disappointed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Bullshit. I just looked for the hell of it since I figured you were exagerating and there was only 2 ticket prices where I didn't get a hit.
    Why so angry, my friend?
    When I searched the other day, ticketmaster said nothing was available. Maybe I should have made a screen cap of it so you wouldn't be calling bullshit.

If I said there were no tickets for the Chicago game, would I be exaggerating? I just searched for 2 seats at any price and got this:

Last edited by rocker; 04-13-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question (and I ask in all innocence). A lot (but not all) of those "unsold" tickets on the forum are going for "face". For examples, $40 for a ticket in Yellow.

But that's a lot more than season tickets pay for them. An entire season at face is 5 games at $40, 12 games at $26, and 1 game at $52; for a total of $564 compared to the $361 a (new) season ticket holder paid. That's a 56% mark-up!

Shouldn't a STH be selling a premium game to other supporters at closer to $25 and a regular game closer to $17, so as not to profit?

I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is for this.
    Does one sell their ticket at the STH price, or the ticket face price?

On one hand you might say that we should sell them at the STH price, because we all ooze kindness.
    On the other hand, the benefit of being a STH is getting tickets at a better price.
    So it's not our problem if others missed the boat.
    But buying a ticket from us at face value is still cheaper than buying from ticketmaster or scalper.

It all depends on how one looks at the situation I guess.
    Keep in mind that we STH's invested the time and money to get the tix in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not so much as selling for a profit. It's just easier to look at the value on the printed ticket and sell it for that. Otherwise we would have to go back to some original invoice and calculate the exact price.

The seller often loses a percentage to Paypal in the transaction. I'm pretty sure I remember a debate where people decided if the seller made the cost of a beer out of the transaction the world would not fall apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honeymoon is over. Signs are all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the Montreal Ultras were planning a trip, maybe they didn't get the numbers they were hoping?
    It seems that way from reading their forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Honeymoon is over. Signs are all around.
    And yet our second game is all but sold out.

Weeknight games have always been tougher to move. I'm not seeing any more availability on Ticket Exchange than I normally do for a weeknight game.

Hmm, I am however seeing better availability than normal for the Seattle game - 3 pairs in yellow.

If there weren't an extra 1,300 tickets to sell, I doubt there would be a story here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there weren't an extra 1,300 tickets to sell, I doubt there would be a story here.
    But if the demand is/was as high as the team wanted people to believe that amount of tickets would have been easy to sell.

The fact of the matter is this team has always had an easy time selling season tickets and a harder time selling tickets to individual games.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    We also haven't really talked about what will happen next year if the scalpers don't make the profits they expect to make this year off TFC tickets.

If the scalpers get killed this year because they overbought and there's no market, they won't do it again next year. And that'll mean ticketmaster will be awash in seats, and BMO will be that little bit emptier.
    What that will probably mean is a drop (or freeze) in ticket prices.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if the demand is/was as high as the team wanted people to believe that amount of tickets would have been easy to sell.

The fact of the matter is this team has always had an easy time selling season tickets and a harder time selling tickets to individual games.

What that will probably mean is a drop (or freeze) in ticket prices.
    Maybe. Or that more tickets will be sold as season tickets, to reduce the supply. Or perhaps they'll stop making a week-day match "Premium".

From a corporate perspectie, they'd simply need to make up the losses elsewhere ... perhaps freeze the single ticket prices, and just raise seasons - particularly the cheaper seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not surprised at this at all. IMO, the ticket prices should have remained frozen since season 1 until the club at least qualified for the playoffs...