Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please no anti-Garcia chants on Thursday!

So I don't know if this warrants a separate thread but I usually do not start threads and I think this is quite important. I'm reading all over the boards how people plan on starting anti Garcia chants or just flat out booing him every time he touches the ball and to be honest, that sickens me a bit considering how a lot of those comments are coming from people who are also saying that we should not start any anti Mo protests. That is just ass backwards in my opinion. I understand that at this point in his career, Garcia is absolute shit and I cannot help but pray to all the religious deities invented by mankind whenever I see the ball travel towards his general direction but aside from being over the hill, what exactly has he done wrong to deserve such venom from his own fan base? From all accounts, he seems like an honest, hardworking man who does not skip practices, engage in locker room politics or do any of the things that we don't want a player to do off the pitch. A lot of people on here claim to be "true football supporters" yet not booing your own player, which is something that seems extremely elementary to a self proclaimed casual such as myself, is not so obvious. If you want to vent your frustration, direct it towards Mo and/or Preki. They are the ones who continue to not only keep him on our payroll but also start him every game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you. I'd like to see Garcia off of our roster as much as the next guy, but MO is the one that we should be angry at.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post reminds me of those dizzy paterns you need to stare at to look at the hidden image.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paragraphs please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet. We didn't have any Nick Garcia threads yet.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's wrong with Andy Garcia chants?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i may.....
    yes Garcia sucks, but booing and anti Garcia chants are bad form and shouldn't be done.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    They are the ones who continue to not only keep him on our payroll but also start him every game.

suppose maybe that he's not on our payroll? You know a team has to pay out the guaranteed salary even after the player is off the squad? You know, like TFC paying Rickets to hang out at nightclubs, or paying NYRB part of Robbo's salary? Suppose that the only reason Garcia is still playing is because someone else is covering his cost? Maybe.... San Jose?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry about your bad thread/post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with not booing Garcia, but I'm afraid if even small group of people start it will spread pretty quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at Garcia play makes me pine for Andy Boyens and Marco Velez.....

And I never thought I'd ever say that.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    suppose maybe that he's not on our payroll? You know a team has to pay out the guaranteed salary even after the player is off the squad? You know, like TFC paying Rickets to hang out at nightclubs, or paying NYRB part of Robbo's salary? Suppose that the only reason Garcia is still playing is because someone else is covering his cost? Maybe.... San Jose?
    He seems to be taking the whole "other teams pay my salary" a bit too close to heart, so just look out for when we play the Quakes. He'll definitely put in at least a couple of own goals if the past is any guide!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we believe that our support helps the play on the field, then negativity can only do the same thing, right?

Let's not resort to the level of Leaf fans (i'm a leaf fan, i don't need anyone coming down to my level). Karma suggests that if we boo Garcia, he'll end up in the Hall of Fame!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    If we believe that our support helps the play on the field, then negativity can only do the same thing, right?
    This man gets it.

Somebody get Gazza a beer.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw that. If people want to chant against him they should. So often people seem to think theres a 'way' of doing things. There isnt, do whatever you want, and make garcia feel like a scumbag if you want. It wont matter either way and it might make you feel a little better. Stop setting idle parameters on your behaviour and do what comes natural. And dont for a second worry about hurting a pro athletes feelings.
    Last edited by H Bomb; 04-12-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Mom, they're professional athletes, they're used to this kind of thing, it rolls right off their back!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Screw him. If people want to chant against him they should. So often people seem to think theres a way of doing things. There isnt do whatever you want and make garcia feel like a scumbag if you want. It wont matter either way and it might make you feel a little better. Stop setting idle parameters on your behaviour and do what comes natural. And dont for a second worry about hurting a pro athletes feelings.
    I'm sorry but shitting on someone for being bad at their job is not something that comes natural to me or a lot of other people. I understand not everyone is as forgiving but I'm not setting any parameters here. I'm sure you don't boo or start swearing at a co-worker of yours for being merely incompetent.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys

we might hurt his feelings

i think if garcia is having fun out there, that is enough for me
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    "Mom, they're professional athletes, they're used to this kind of thing, it rolls right off their back!"

"Daaaaarryl, Daaaaarryl....Gar..uhm...Daaaarryl"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Screw him. If people want to chant against him they should. So often people seem to think theres a way of doing things. There isnt do whatever you want and make garcia feel like a scumbag if you want. It wont matter either way and it might make you feel a little better. Stop setting idle parameters on your behaviour and do what comes natural. And dont for a second worry about hurting a pro athletes feelings.
    He's on the team you want to win isnt he? Should he just voluntarily quit the team?
    If he is starting it's because Preki and Mo made this team so that there really is no choice. We should be booing them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i had a job where all i was qualified to do was fart into my own hands and smell it, yes, the ethical thing to do would be to voluntarily quit
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm sorry but shitting on someone for being bad at their job is not something that comes natural to me or a lot of other people. I understand not everyone is as forgiving but I'm not setting any parameters here. I'm sure you don't boo or start swearing at a co-worker of yours for being merely incompetent.
    He's not a co-worker, so this is a specious analogy. We're the customer, he's one of the suppliers.

And more people should be shit on for being bad at their job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I'm not about booing or chanting against players who are wearing our crest. No matter how shit they are.

We are supposed to SUPPORT the team, not put them down. You think they're going to play any better if we start with negative chants?

C'mon. Perfect example was this Saturday, people started singing Anti-Garcia songs... not even a minute later... own goal. Karma.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    "You kept making all the stops?"

"Well, they kept ringing the bell!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's not a co-worker, so this is a specious analogy. We're the customer, he's one of the suppliers.

I agree, but if you shit on them WHILE they're trying to do their job.. do you think it will help them?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"You're Batman!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Ok. So would you boo and hurl profanities at a slow cashier at Tim Hortons for being shit at his job? You would do that rather than asking to talk to the manager and file a complaint with them?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Problem is the Tim Horton's manager is more incompetent than the cashier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I agree, but if you shit on them WHILE they're trying to do their job.. do you think it will help them?
    I'll be saving my shit for those fine BMO restrooms after a fine BMO Burrito!

And Cheering what's left of my ass off for 90+ mins. Especially when Garcia stands over the ball for one of his Beckham-esque set pieces!