Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The JDG Speculation thread!

Alright guys,

JDG was apparantly "ill" to start the game last night. What's the deal?

Either he was "ill" and Preki was trying to save him for thursday night OR there's something going on in the changeroom again.

I will say this, JDG did not look happy when he was on the field. There was a moment where Gargan (I think it was him) sent him a ball that ended up going out of bounds where you could see JDG visible shacking his head and rolling his eyes at the quality of the pass. It actually ticked me off when I saw that, I wonder if he's pulling shit like this at practice?

There is no doubt JDG has more experience and skilll then many of the guys, but right now, he isn't playing any better then these players to be visibly throwing them under the bus.

It could all just be that he was ill, but it's always fun to speculate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wouldn't look happy either if you came on to a 3-1 deficit caused by the incompetence of one player. And it was soon 4-1 following another shocking gaffe. Nothing to speculate on, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    You wouldn't look happy either if you came on to a 3-1 deficit caused by the incompetence of one player. And it was soon 4-1 following another shocking gaffe. Nothing to speculate on, really.
    The incompetence was a team effort last night. Dero is just about the only player on the pitch that doesn't deserve to be bashed after that performance. That includes JDG who came on to give the ball away. Garcia was bad, but so was Hscanovic, so was Nana, and what exactly did JDG do last night except give the ball away?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk.....Something is not right....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of effort would you expect from a mercenary?

Only reason he signed here is because he was unwanted in Europe.

He's done nothing since he signed to justify his salary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG was doing that last year-- shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

he's gotta realize where he's at. yeah you expect better passes from professional players, but the quality in MLS is bushleague compared to La Liga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its time for a change

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    What kind of effort would you expect from a mercenary?

Only reason he signed here is because he was unwanted in Europe.

He's done nothing since he signed to justify his salary
    What can he do though?

His skill is to distribute great passes to players who can put the ball in the net. Obviously we don't have that.

JDG was never a good DP choice for TFC.

I don't blame him, I blame mo for yet another blunder signing.

The only way that JDG will show his worth is if TFC get a striker as a second DP. Someone who can actually run onto the passes that JDG can create.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG should be on a mid to bottom EPL team, not in a bottom MLS team.

That said, his role is to make guys better, work hard and not walk around with his hands on his hips rolling eyes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, not buying it at all, he looked disgusted because they were playing like crap, i looked disgusted too, he came on cuz he loves the team and hoped to do something to help them regardless of his condition, ill put good money thisll show up somewhere soon as a rumor, sigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is White not that player to get on the end of JDG passes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was benched because he broke the team curfew, by not getting back to the hotel until midnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    What can he do though?

His skill is to distribute great passes to players who can put the ball in the net. Obviously we don't have that.

JDG was never a good DP choice for TFC.

I don't blame him, I blame mo for yet another blunder signing.

The only way that JDG will show his worth is if TFC get a striker as a second DP. Someone who can actually run onto the passes that JDG can create.
    At Depor, JDG was a pure DM. He was never the n10 or creative midfielder with an amazing pass in the last 2/3 of the field that you claim he is.

The problem is that in this league not one single team needs a DP DM. They need a DP striker or AM, but not a DM. The other part of the problem is that he doesn't care. He is getting paid and could care less about this team or where it is going. I am even amazed that the captain arm band was offered to him and he turned it down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Is White not that player to get on the end of JDG passes?
    LOL. no. when was the last time he scored in a team game? seriously.

JDG isn't an amazing passer either by any means. From what I've seen over the years his primary attributes are being able to hold up play and win balls with the occasional burst forward. He simply didn't have any of them last night.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    He was benched because he broke the team curfew, by not getting back to the hotel until midnight.
    Why doesn't the team just say that? Everything has to be a bottled lie.

Teams bench players for breaking curfew all the time. And it is in the paper. Happens in the EPL all the time. Why not just say so? I have no respect for TFC's PR dept.

Dichio can't fly - lie
    Jimmy B and Preki didn't have any issues - lie
    JDG has a mystery 24 hour flu and can't play - lie
    Mo's got a 5 year plan....oh god

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reserved judgment on JDG till this year because I thought his 5-6 games last year were a wash considering the circumstances but so far this season, it disturbs me to see the trend from last year continue ... and not to mention alleged disciplinary problems already. There are not enough facepalm and head shaking emoticons in the world to truly display my feelings towards this.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am even amazed that the captain arm band was offered to him and he turned it down.
    Can we get confirmation of such? What's your source on this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prove it.

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Prove it.
    Seriously? Look in various threads.. You're going to be surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the reasons for his ommision from the starting lineup, JDG has yet to resemble even a shadow of the player he was at Deportivo La Coruna since he joined TFC. I acknowledge he is playing with an inferior supporting cast but he has been far from stellar in the midfield in terms of his individual contributions thus far. I have not been impressed with his attitude, distribution, and he seems to get muscled off the ball fairly easily in a more physical league such as the MLS. Will the real JDG please stand up?!
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-11-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    Seriously? Look in various threads.. You're going to be surprised.
    I've looked in various threads, and seen no proof - just what appears to be unfounded speculation. Perhaps I missed something ... and if so, please point it out to me.

Gixmo

I'll put an over priced Carlsberg on it... He was benched, end of story. If it's not unfounded, it's extremely coincidental

Let's flip the coin - You find me any indication of
    -Week long Flu bug
    -24 Hour Flu Bug
    -Any sort of illness in his look last night

He came on, played a few minutes at full pace, looking just fine - Albeit, pissed off...

So, Bet me a frosty Carlsberg?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's flip the coin - You find me any indication of
    -Week long Flu bug
    -24 Hour Flu Bug
    -Any sort of illness in his look last night
    There's a lot of evidence that it was some sickness (I'd hardly doubt it was anything as serious as influenza though ... that seems a reach!). There are numerous media reports that he was ill. And not one that he was benched for missing curfew.

The media was attending training. If they thought something was amiss, I'd think they'd have said something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't the team just say that? Everything has to be a bottled lie.

Teams bench players for breaking curfew all the time. And it is in the paper. Happens in the EPL all the time. Why not just say so? I have no respect for TFC's PR dept.

Dichio can't fly - lie
    Jimmy B and Preki didn't have any issues - lie
    JDG has a mystery 24 hour flu and can't play - lie
    Mo's got a 5 year plan....oh god

I can at least confirm the Dichio BS. In January I was on the same flight to Florida as Danny. He seemed to manage it fairly well - was even able to walk off the plane afterwards.

Gixmo

Show me a media report that indicates JDG was ill. The media reported what the FO reported to them, JDG is ill...

Let's think outside the box. The media doesn't see everything, so they cannot report everything. Perhaps something occurred outside the reach of the media and the team kept it silent. Not all that improbable. I'd bet the media hasn't the oppurtunity to report on it yet. Maybe something happened and when it did, the reports are already out. The official media guide for last nights match mentions nothing about sickness. Reading the other threads and what is being said, is plausible and outside of the media (And really, couldn't have been reported anyways with deadlines etc).. Nor is Devos and Co going to bring it up.

The truth shall set you free... Speak up TFC!
    Last edited by Gixmo; 04-11-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    He seemed to manage it fairly well - was even able to walk off the plane afterwards.
    What does that prove - I've seen 60-year old's walk off the plane just fine. I've even seen them play a great round of golf. Doesn't mean they should be starting every game though.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show me a media report that indicates JDG was ill. The media reported was the FO reported to them, JDG is ill...

Let's think outside the box. The media doesn't see everything, so they cannot report everything. Perhaps something occurred outside the reach of the media and the team kept it silent. Not all that improbable. I'd bet the media hasn't the oppurtunity to report on it yet. Maybe something happened and when it did, the reports are already out. The official media guide for last nights match mentions nothing about sickness. Reading the other threads and what is being said, is plausible and outside of the media (And really, couldn't have been reported anyways with deadlines etc).. Nor is Devos and Co going to bring it up.

The truth shall set you free... Speak up TFC!
    Here something that says the opposite.
    Pre-game media guide mentioned nothing about an illness. You'd think he'd be on the "questionable" list if he was battling an illness that could keep him out of the game.

http://drop.io/mlssoccer/asset/410netor-pdf

Gixmo

Ya, my response is a double negative, let me edit that back to what I actually mean lol You prove what I am actually trying to say (The Official Media Guide for last nights match mentions NOTHING about illness)

That should say...
    Originally Posted by Gixmo
    Show me a media report that indicates JDG was ill. The media reported what the FO reported to them, JDG is ill...

What I am saying is : The FO tells the media JDG is ill which is a cover-up. We all know JDG was not ill.. well the majority of us it seems. canadian_bhoy is right. If he was ill, He'd be questionable. He was not ill, end of story. If the team wants to pipe up, they will.
    Last edited by Gixmo; 04-11-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here something that says the opposite.
    Pre-game media guide mentioned nothing about an illness. You'd think he'd be on the "questionable" list if he was battling an illness that could keep him out of the game.

http://drop.io/mlssoccer/asset/410netor-pdf
    I just opened that up, and Adobe Reader says that file was last modified about 2 pm on Thursday afternoon. I'm not sure how that proves anything one way or another.

There doesn't seem to be any proof - or even verbal quote from someone in the know. I fail to see the need for this unfounded speculation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was it possible JDG came down with some mysterious illness? sure, anything is possible....BUT, given the FO's track record for truthiness and not much evidence that backs them up, the balance of probabilities tells me the FO is hiding something.