Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo's referred to him as a right back unless theres another one in camp. Could be that he plays both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasn't too impressed with Gargan so hopefully this guy is an upgrade. The new LB did ok as others have also said- esp coming off injury and just having signed that day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usanov is definitely a RB. Look at the highlights of the Rochester game. He's the one with the long hair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usanov actually plays both flanks pretty well, he's no good as a central defender tho, apparently a quick runner but average positioning. Sounds familiar...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    5'9" CB?
    Call me crazy but I always thought being tall was important for a CB.
    tell that to Arsenal's Vermaellen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do we know if he and the impossible-to-remember-the name LB speak english?

A justifiable question given the lack of communication in our backline.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ i think that's a great point. I thought Raivis was pretty solid while he was on the pitch, he's clearly short of 90 minute fitness, but i think he'll be a good solid addition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    ^^^ i think that's a great point. I thought Raivis was pretty solid while he was on the pitch, he's clearly short of 90 minute fitness, but i think he'll be a good solid addition!
    He was awefull. He was driectly responsible for 2 goals and was beaten by Nyassi all game. The only time he looked good was when he had the ball. For a defender, I'll take good positioning over ball skills any day. Maybe we should try him a left mid, now there's a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuco, i think you need to watch the game again, the amount of Tackles that he put in was pretty substantial on the left flank. I mean this is all opinion and such, but i think Raivis will come through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    He was awefull. He was driectly responsible for 2 goals and was beaten by Nyassi all game. The only time he looked good was when he had the ball. For a defender, I'll take good positioning over ball skills any day. Maybe we should try him a left mid, now there's a thought.

In the second half maybe, in the first half he had Nyassi in his pocket. I'm pretty sure I didn't see a single easy cross or pass get made from his flank. He made strong, well timed challenges for the first 45 mins. Then we put out a completely different team in the second half of which, I'm not willing to judge any of our players because the whole team played like a giant bag of steaming shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Pachuco, i think you need to watch the game again, the amount of Tackles that he put in was pretty substantial on the left flank. I mean this is all opinion and such, but i think Raivis will come through.
    This actually isn't opinion, I'm stating facts. I've watched the game twice now. Raivis was responsible for two goals last night and Nyassi made him look silly all game. Fuck even Preki agreed he wasn't good. Watch the post-game interview. I'm not saying he'll be a bad addition, I'm not starting a fire Raivis thread, but come on, the guy was far from solid and hopefully he'll turn it around next game. BTW 3 tackles from my counting. 1 of them is a borderline red card as he went in with studs up. It was a reckless challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    In the second half maybe, in the first half he had Nyassi in his pocket. I'm pretty sure I didn't see a single easy cross or pass get made from his flank. He made strong, well timed challenges for the first 45 mins. Then we put out a completely different team in the second half of which, I'm not willing to judge any of our players because the whole team played like a giant bag of steaming shit.
    NOPE...wrong. Nyassi beat him twice down the flank, and that was 1 on 1 when Nyassi had the ball. One ball Shalrie Joseph almost scored on. He was tripping over his own feet while Nyassi was dancing past him. watch the first half again on TV. I'll even post the minutes if you'd like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree Ravis was responsible for two goals, he had a bad game end of story, for people to come out here and state that he looked good makes me wonder if we were all watching the same game. However, he did some nice things out there, but overall his performance was not good.However, this was his first game and if he is truly coming off an injury then we have to cut him some slack and give him some more chances to see what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I have to agree Ravis was responsible for two goals, he had a bad game end of story, for people to come out here and state that he looked good makes me wonder if we were all watching the same game. However, he did some nice things out there, but overall his performance was not good.However, this was his first game and if he is truly coming off an injury then we have to cut him some slack and give him some more chances to see what he can do.
    I absolutely agree. This isn't about bashing a guy who's had his first game with TFC. I'll defintaly give him more time, specially since he looked comfortable on the ball, which is alot more then I can say for some of the defenders we've had in the past. I do feel though that people are so desperate for the new guys to succeed that they watch the game with blindfolds as it pertains to the new guy. They'll see the good things the player did and ignore the poor decisions they made. Overall, he made more bad decisions then good ones. Let's hope his positional flaws were due to Garcia being in the middle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely agree. This isn't about bashing a guy who's had his first game with TFC. I'll defintaly give him more time, specially since he looked comfortable on the ball, which is alot more then I can say for some of the defenders we've had in the past. I do feel though that people are so desperate for the new guys to succeed that they watch the game with blindfolds as it pertains to the new guy. They'll see the good things the player did and ignore the poor decisions they made. Overall, he made more bad decisions then good ones. Let's hope his positional flaws were due to Garcia being in the middle

I think your blind too Garcia.....

lets go a step further since you like bashing a guy that came off injury and is playing his first game with a new team and new league...your criticism hardly seems fair does it not!???

if you go back and look even closer at the game that you watched soooo closely....why dont you look at the atrocious marking and defending that didn't happen in the middle of the park. The failure of marking and closing down in the middle is what lead to Nyassi have some nice runs...I don't think you could have even done better marking Nyassi....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post

Responsible is a stretch...sure, it's his job to prevent those crosses from coming in, and Nyassi clearly beat him, but on both of those goals our centre backs were way out of position. Garcia was 3 steps behind everyone (as usual).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post

lets go a step further since you like bashing a guy that came off injury and is playing his first game with a new team and new league...your criticism hardly seems fair does it not!???

if you go back and look even closer at the game that you watched soooo closely....why dont you look at the atrocious marking and defending that didn't happen in the middle of the park. The failure of marking and closing down in the middle is what lead to Nyassi have some nice runs...I don't think you could have even done better marking Nyassi....
    That's the second time you mention I like Garcia, where the fuck do you get this from? Show me a post in the last two years where I've said anything positive about Garcia. FOR FUCKS SAKES I was the first one to bash Garcia on these boards and I got flamed for it. Get a fucking life!

As for the rest of your stupid comments. I'm not bashing Hscanovic, I'm simply saying he didn't have a good game and deserves more time. READ MY POSTS AGAIN. And to blame our CBs for Nyassi dancing circles around Hscanovic is not a stretch, it's ridicolous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough if people want to rag on Garcia all day long - we've seen enough of him. But anyone writing guys off after their first game with this shambles of a team should check their head. Give these guys a chance ffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the second time you mention I like Garcia, where the fuck do you get this from? Show me a post in the last two years where I've said anything positive about Garcia. FOR FUCKS SAKES I was the first one to bash Garcia on these boards and I got flamed for it. Get a fucking life!

As for the rest of your stupid comments. I'm not bashing Hscanovic, I'm simply saying he didn't have a good game and deserves more time. READ MY POSTS AGAIN. And to blame our CBs for Nyassi dancing circles around Hscanovic is not a stretch, it's ridicolous.
    Not blaming the CB's Nyassi getting around Hscanovics...simply stating that those through balls made it through two other players before finding the back of the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you get so touchy and personal in your attacks....maybe u should play and coach TFC...you certainly have the fire in your belly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Fair enough if people want to rag on Garcia all day long - we've seen enough of him. But anyone writing guys off after their first game with this shambles of a team should check their head. Give these guys a chance ffs.

To be fair, he's only saying that he was at least partially at fault for the two goals, and I agree.

That said, the positioning of our CB's was a disgrace in the second half and Garcia not having a mark with 2 and 3 Rev's players attacking the net is disgusting as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you get so touchy and personal in your attacks....maybe u should play and coach TFC...you certainly have the fire in your belly.
    If I said you have a hard on for Garcia you'd probably be insulted too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    To be fair, he's only saying that he was at least partially at fault for the two goals, and I agree.

That said, the positioning of our CB's was a disgrace in the second half and Garcia not having a mark with 2 and 3 Rev's players attacking the net is disgusting as well.
    That's basically what I was saying. Felt it was a bit of a hard stance on Hscanovics on those two plays seeing how the CB's were also out of position...even though it was his fault those balls came through because of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsm View Post
    Not blaming the CB's Nyassi getting around Hscanovics...simply stating that those through balls made it through two other players before finding the back of the net.
    I actually don't disagree with you. But if you watch Goal #1 and Goal #3 back, it was actually Gargan's and Nana's man who scored. Of course you have to wonder what Garcia was doing waving to the fans in the middle of both plays. Those two goals were a collective defensive fuck up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    do we know if he and the impossible-to-remember-the name LB speak english?

A justifiable question given the lack of communication in our backline.....
    I don't know how good Usanov's English is.

Raivis' English is very good (LB). Interview on TFC TV: http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/con...atid=2&id=1767

His post-game interview, and DeRo's, were posted a bit later than the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't disagree with you. But if you watch Goal #1 and Goal #3 back, it was actually Gargan's and Nana's man who scored. Of course you have to wonder what Garcia was doing waving to the fans in the middle of both plays. Those two goals were a collective defensive fuck up.
    Totally agree with you...

Maybe we should sign Terry Tate. He'd make a good CB.
    Or at the very least...sign him as our Defensive Coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is solely responsible for any one goal. When it comes to defending it is always a collective effort. That said, however, when it comes to defending one rotten apple CAN spoil the bunch. And that apple is Mr. Garcia right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh no, you just have some fairly serious hate on for another poster. Nyassi is a winger, who never left the touchline all day. Marking and runs down the middle had nothing to do with him beating the Latvian kid.

The Latvian kid was beaten badly three or four times. Also had some good moments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Uh no, you just have some fairly serious hate on for another poster. Nyassi is a winger, who never left the touchline all day. Marking and runs down the middle had nothing to do with him beating the Latvian kid.

The Latvian kid was beaten badly three or four times. Also had some good moments.
    I think the kid was pretty messed up after the game based on how he looked and sounded in the post-match interview. While he didn't verbally focus on himself, it's clear that he was extremely down.

He certainly did get himself caught way out of position on both of those goals. It was a real baptism of fire into MLS. I would suspect he is like a number of other imports who really don't know what the qualities of the league are. Things like athleticism and speed. What the league often lacks for in skill, it often attempts to make up for with athleticism the perfect example being Marvel Wynne.

Of course Nyassi is sure no Marvel Wynne.

B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess its a matter of him getting a book on the players he is facing..
    i wonder if they even showed him any film on the winger from the revs