Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Monday MLS Breakdown: Defensive Problems Continue To Plague Toronto FC

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...inue-to-plague

As Johnston's ill-conceived deal to acquire former Kansas City teammate Nick Garcia and his massive guaranteed contract last summer (though, in fairness, with some considerations to soften the financial blow last campaign) neatly summarizes, the Scot's judgment on all defensive matters deserves considerable scrutiny
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^What, his judgment on offensive matters is so stellar?

We have one goal in 600 minutes this year.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed ladies 1 and 2

Well if that is the case with Cronin, hopefully trade him as he was one of the better rookies last year imo.
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSG = wow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBest View Post
    Wheeler has this correct, I'm afraid. Cronin is neither a stopper (like Robbo) nor quick enough to move the ball upfield quickly. The more I think about it, the box-to-box midfielder we've had that best fits Preki's 4-4-2 system is Maurice Edu. Oh well. Sanyang has potential in this regard.
    Despite what Gareth Wanker thinks, I don't see Cronin being shipped out. Put simply, by giving Preki the reigns to bring in and ship out players as he pleases, Mo has basically admitted (at least to himself) that he can't do the job. He's relying on someone else to save his job. However, most of us won't deny Mo's great drafting ability. If Cronin is shipped out, it's like taking away the one thing that Mo is actually good at, by accepting that Cronin is not a player they feel can contribute. I believe Mo's rat-like self-preservation skills won't allow that to happen.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Despite what Gareth Wanker thinks, I don't see Cronin being shipped out. Put simply, by giving Preki the reigns to bring in and ship out players as he pleases, Mo has basically admitted (at least to himself) that he can't do the job. He's relying on someone else to save his job. However, most of us won't deny Mo's great drafting ability. If Cronin is shipped out, it's like taking away the one thing that Mo is actually good at, by accepting that Cronin is not a player they feel can contribute. I believe Mo's rat-like self-preservation skills won't allow that to happen.
    Cronin is a hard worker too, exactly the type of player that Preki likes.

Mo is a great drafter, it's his one good attribute. It's also no question that Preki has the reigns. If Preki dumps Cronin, Cronin will go.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one area of the club that boasts considerable depth other than in goal is the central midfield. I love Cronin but if he is the card that needs to be dealt in order to acquire a quality center back than it might be a worthy sacrifice...

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, it just seems to me like Preki has lost the plot (I know I know, too early to tell). He started a very strange lineup, benched JDG and Cronin, had only a few starters from last year on (including Garcia for unknown reasons). Personally, I think starting Nane (a 53rd overall pick) at left mid over Cronin (a 3rd overall pick) was the height of insanity. Nane did nothing all game, was moved to defense (last year Cronin was actually quite good at playing defensively) and gave up what could only be described at the height of a rookie goal. Cronin played at left wing last year at times, did fairly well for himself, and provided great defensive cover. What the hell?

The only thing I can think of is Preki just doesn't want to deal with anyone who he has not personally selected, which is the height of folly. He doesn't seem to like JDG (every time he is asked to comment on him he avoids the question) even. Instead, he wants to bring in a bunch of players that, frankly, aren't that good and work with them (instead of working with players we have with good upsides). Again, I know it's too early in the season to tell, but this is the first season I haven't even known the direction we are going. Before it was always like "ok, I think these positions, we are strong there, we need a good vet CB to anchor the back line, a solid striker, and we're competative". This year I have no idea what the plan is, don't think we are strong at any position, and can't for the life of me figure out the direction we are headed. Maybe Preki is crazy like a fox, and a few games in his system will "click" and suddenly we'll be world beaters, but I just don't get it right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve, I actually don't think he's lost the plot.

I thought the first 45 mins was one of the best, most hard working halves I've ever seen our team play. We were fighting for, and winning many balls in the middle.

I thought Nane did well until he was moved to the backline, which IMO was a huge mistake. He went from having a decent game, to a shit game. He went from winning balls in the air, and on the ground, to making stupid mistakes and oddball passes. I actually thought Garcia did 'OK' in the first half, making some incredible nearly end to end cross field passes for DeRo on the wing. Half the traveling support was almost gasping when he made those passes, then the second half started and the Garcia we all know and hate reared his ugly head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Steve, I actually don't think he's lost the plot.

I thought the first 45 mins was one of the best, most hard working halves I've ever seen our team play. We were fighting for, and winning many balls in the middle.

I thought Nane did well until he was moved to the backline, which IMO was a huge mistake. He went from having a decent game, to a shit game. He went from winning balls in the air, and on the ground, to making stupid mistakes and oddball passes. I actually thought Garcia did 'OK' in the first half, making some incredible nearly end to end cross field passes for DeRo on the wing. Half the traveling support was almost gasping when he made those passes, then the second half started and the Garcia we all know and hate reared his ugly head.
    Fair enough, and I know I'm more emotional than rational about the team right now, so I'll take your statements for what they are (since I watched on TV, I didn't get the same experience you guys did). As I said, his moves might turn out to be the best thing for TFC, I just can't see it right now, especially after a 4-1 loss. I guess it just feels like we were close last year, and we've done nothing but move backwards.

Oh well, time will tell, Preki might step up and lead this team to its first ever playoff berth, or we may compete for worst team in MLS history. I'm willing stay on board either way, I just wish the ride were a little less painful .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said - Time will tell. You can't fault Preki, or even (most of) the players just yet.

The problem is that in terms if personnel, tinkering with lineups, etc. where we are NOW is where we should have been five or six WEEKS ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF? I wondered why Cronin wasn't playing. I never actually thought he was healthy when he was on the bench. Unfuckingbelievable that Preki benched Cronin with the shitty ass roster we have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Cronin is a hard worker too, exactly the type of player that Preki likes.

Mo is a great drafter, it's his one good attribute. It's also no question that Preki has the reigns. If Preki dumps Cronin, Cronin will go.
    i dont see Preki dropping Cronin, he is the type of two way hard worker he likes, i honestly think in this case he was tinkering abit and maybe felt some other younger players deserved a look, dont forget these guys need game experience too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Goff

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soc...l-blog-viewall

*Former D.C. United striker Luciano Emilio is back in Brazil, awaiting word on whether he will be able to join a new MLS club before Thursday's international transfer deadline. Should Emilio reach contract terms with the league, United would have the right of first refusal and be able to request compensation. Philadelphia and at least one other MLS club have expressed interest. Emilio told the Insider in an e-mail this morning that "I think everything is going to be resolved soon!" A United official said there was nothing new to report at the moment.
    Could we see Emilio on Thursday?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Well said - Time will tell. You can't fault Preki, or even (most of) the players just yet.

The problem is that in terms if personnel, tinkering with lineups, etc. where we are NOW is where we should have been five or six WEEKS ago.
    yep totally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    From Goff

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soc...l-blog-viewall

Could we see Emilio on Thursday?
    Could a deal involving Cronin and Emilio be in the works? that's the only explanation I have for him not starting on saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Could a deal involving Cronin and Emilio be in the works? that's the only explanation I have for him not starting on saturday.

hmmm interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe he wanted to get Sanyang a start to see how he would perform? Or maybe he wasn't up to snuff in practice this week? Who knows, but there's plenty of reasons he could have done what he did.

I heard a lot of interesting stuff this weekend and firmly believe with Preki at the helm, nobody is safe if they don't want to bust their balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Or maybe he wanted to get Sanyang a start to see how he would perform? Or maybe he wasn't up to snuff in practice this week? Who knows, but there's plenty of reasons he could have done what he did.

I heard a lot of interesting stuff this weekend and firmly believe with Preki at the helm, nobody is safe if they don't want to bust their balls.
    Oh there's definately reasons. But good ones, I only see one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Is Preki's seemingly 'not give a shit' demeanor he puts out during interviews based on a difficuulty with the English language, or is that his natural demeanor? If it is, I would have a hard time being inspired by someone like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its more a "I don't give a shit about the press" attitude more than anything. I'm sure he laid a big shitstorm on the players after the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I think its more a "I don't give a shit about the press" attitude more than anything. I'm sure he laid a big shitstorm on the players after the game.

Looks more like hes taking a shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    i could be totally wrong but ill be amazed if we sign Emilio, especially with him wanting to play with Fred at Philly

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be a dumb question, but is it nane joseph or joseph nane?

Up until the game on saturday, I though Joseph was his last name, and the goal.com article refers to him as nane joseph but the commentators on saturday always referred to him as Nane?

and also, Edson Buddle has 5 goals already!!!!!

T-Bird

Johnston has essentially torn up his blueprint and passed the roster-building buck to Preki. Who’s in and who’s out at the club is completely at Preki’s discretion. Johnston has even disagreed with some of Preki’s player personnel decisions, but has signed off on the moves.

Serioux and Wynne out. . . .. . . PLEASE explain to me how any of our players currently are better than them.

Preki needs to be accountable as well. . In fact, I fel MORE of the responsibility lies with him. . we call for MO's head every couple of seconds and then Diefy Preki. . . he is part of the leadership and a BIG part of the problem as far as I see it. .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

Up until the game on saturday, I though Joseph was his last name, and the goal.com article refers to him as nane joseph but the commentators on saturday always referred to him as Nane?

check out the TFC TV interview the other day. Wileman asked him... he said Joseph Nane... or JO JO!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    Johnston has essentially torn up his blueprint and passed the roster-building buck to Preki. Who’s in and who’s out at the club is completely at Preki’s discretion. Johnston has even disagreed with some of Preki’s player personnel decisions, but has signed off on the moves.

Serioux and Wynne out. . . .. . . PLEASE explain to me how any of our players currently are better than them.

Preki needs to be accountable as well. . In fact, I fel MORE of the responsibility lies with him. . we call for MO's head every couple of seconds and then Diefy Preki. . . he is part of the leadership and a BIG part of the problem as far as I see it. .

To call Preki responsible after 2 games is very premature and you have to try to see a big picture,don't live in a moment.To rebuild the team take time a little bit more than few months.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

on the MLS recap, it shows the players last names and for him it shows Joseph.

if you really wanna mess with your mind, wiki says Nane Joseph Fils Eone