Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Charade is Over!

I think it's pretty obvious that Mo has no clue how to build a team.

MLSE must understand it now as well.

How many days left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah it's not over yet, MLSE still have no concept of what they are into. He will get minimum to the summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid you are right. They will be slow with the trigger... but we can all hope!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Return Your Tickets Thread should be up and running! If you actually care about this team, you have to return your season and game tickets.

Gixmo

It would be nice, and certainly warranted, but I'd be very surprised to see MoJo released before the season is done...

... However, I would love to eat these words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A LOT of people were chanting for Mo to be fired tonight. It'll be worse on Thursday - and especially if we lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that Mo has no clue how to build a team.

MLSE must understand it now as well.

How many days left?
    What makes you thik MLSE know anything at all? I'm a little shocked that with all thee of their teams playing like shit you would expect them to have some answers.

Anything less than cleaning out the boardroom would be a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong: there are no players from season 1 on this year's team! What exactly has been built here? ...and I think Ibrahim is the only player from season 2. It's ridiculous!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE know F$%K all about soccer...come to think about it, they know f#$k all about any sport their teams play.

Mo will be here for the season. I get the impression that though Preki decides who makes the roster, he's focused on coaching, he doesn't seem to have much patience or interst in what other teams are doing personnel wise and couldn't be bothered with all the negotiation bs Mo deals with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marquis View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong: there are no players from season 1 on this year's team! What exactly has been built here? ...and I think Ibrahim is the only player from season 2. It's ridiculous!!!
    You're wrong. Gala and Attakora are year one players, they were both on the dev. roster. Gala started 2 (or 3?) games that year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I stand corrected, but my point is still valid. Everything feels like season 1 again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arbogast View Post
    MLSE know F$%K all about soccer...come to think about it, they know f#$k all about any sport their teams play.

Mo will be here for the season. I get the impression that though Preki decides who makes the roster, he's focused on coaching, he doesn't seem to have much patience or interst in what other teams are doing personnel wise and couldn't be bothered with all the negotiation bs Mo deals with
    You are right. At least with the Leafs and Raptors they went out and hired someone the thought was a top notch leader, that had winning track record with other teams.

Mo had a losing track record before coming here... he seemed to be brought in on a tight budget, before they knew the money would be as good as its been.

Clearly they have the wherewithal to at least TRY to go out and hire someone that they think is at the top echelon with a winning history... whether it works or not is another matter... (see raptors)

But its time to get to it.. we are spinning our wheels and going backwards.
    Last edited by Batman; 04-10-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am afraid of how ugly this may get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right. At least with the Leafs and Raptors they went out and hired someone the thought was a top notch leader, that had winning track roecird with other teams.

Mo had a losing track record before coming here... he seemed to be brought in on a tight budget, before they knew the money would be as good as its been.

Clearly they have the wherewithal to at least TRY to go out and hire someone that they think is at the top echelon with a winning history... whether it works or not is another matter...
    And yet, at the press conference there was Anselmi joking around, saying, "Mo must be squirming," but Anselmi's not squirming is he? None of the senior manegement is squirming. That's the problem.

Of course they'll just keep replacing GMs. Imagine if you could hire people, watch them screw up and then just hire someone else again and again and no one ever questions your abilities?

What a sweet gig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    And yet, at the press conference there was Anselmi joking around, saying, "Mo must be squirming," but Anselmi's not squirming is he? None of the senior manegement is squirming. That's the problem.

Of course they'll just keep replacing GMs. Imagine if you could hire people, watch them screw up and then just hire someone else again and again and no one ever questions your abilities?

What a sweet gig.
    While what you say is true, MLSE has said plenty of time they're not soccer people and that they're learning as they go.
    Why they don't hire someone who is experienced is beyond me though. Crazy MLS rules? I dunno...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if TFC comes out on Thursday and shit the bed at home...MoJo might finally get the axe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    While what you say is true, MLSE has said plenty of time they're not soccer people and that they're learning as they go.
    Why they don't hire someone who is experienced is beyond me though. Crazy MLS rules? I dunno...
    No, it's not the rules, they're just cheap. They get what they pay for - they got the only managemnt staff their cheap, short-term contracts could attract. Would Sigi Schmidt have come to run an expansion team on a one year contract? Would Steve Nicol have done it on those terms? With almost no support staff? Of course not.

And they know they can get away with it because Toronto fans always pick players and coaches to blame.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    if TFC comes out on Thursday and shit the bed at home...MoJo might finally get the axe.

I think that's a genuine possibility. Maybe not by Friday, but not long. If they have unsold seats, and the MLS Cup in half a year, they have to know that the status quo won't do - it will cost them money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet, at the press conference there was Anselmi joking around, saying, "Mo must be squirming," but Anselmi's not squirming is he? None of the senior management is squirming. That's the problem.

What a sweet gig.
    True. It is a sweet deal.

Although I don't think anyone here is really concerned about Anselmi. He's not selecting players.

He's probably granted 1 do over on the GM side. I'll give him that.

Mo, plain and simple has the soccer side of TFC in his total control.

He's the guy who's had our team short handed to start every year. He's the guy who's continually had a revolving door spinning with players HE has chosen.

He's the guy who's had a losing record every year in his ENTIRE management history. (other than the first year in NY when he took over with a few games remaining.... he also lost immediately that year in the first round of the playoffs.)

That's 7 years... with only 1 playoff appearance... and an immediate loss at that.

Has anyone else in this league failed this much and remained employed? I'm sure the answer is no!

He's the guy who had tried to fool us every week with his non stop BS.

The buck stops with him... and frankly, with him.. the bucks will stop.

Enough is enough with this clown! He may have a future in soccer... but I'm damned sure it wont be as a GM with this track record.
    Last edited by Batman; 04-10-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the hotel the players are in, they didn't even have the balls to come thru the front door after the game. Mo must go!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's not the rules, they're just cheap. They get what they pay for - they got the only managemnt staff their cheap, short-term contracts could attract. Would Sigi Schmidt have come to run an expansion team on a one year contract? Would Steve Nicol have done it on those terms? With almost no support staff? Of course not.

And they know they can get away with it because Toronto fans always pick players and coaches to blame.

*see brian mccabe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    I'm in the hotel the players are in, they didn't even have the balls to come thru the front door after the game. Mo must go!
    Benefit of the doubt, maybe they're too embarassed? As they ought to be.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. It is a sweet deal.

Although I don't think anyone here is really concerned about Anselmi. He's not selecting players.

He's probably granted 1 do over on the GM side. I'll give him that.

Mo, plain and simple has the soccer side of TFC in his total control.

He's the guy who's had our team short handed to start every year. He's the guy who's continually had a revolving door spinning with players HE has chosen.

He's the guy who's had a losing record every year in his ENTIRE management history. (other than the first year when he took over with a few games remaining.... he also lost immediately that year in the first round of the playoffs.)

That's 7 years... with only 1 playoff appearance... and an immediate loss at that.

Has anyone else in this league failed this much and remained emplyed?

He's the guy who had tried to fool us every week with his non stop BS.

The buck stops with him... and frankly, with him.. the bucks will stop.

Enough is enough with this clown!

Exactly -- Anselmi isn't the one who is signing the players or going out to find them. That's Johnston's job -- what Anselmi is guilty of is letting the loser have too much leash.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    As he should have been after the New York debacle.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    Benefit of the doubt, maybe they're too embarassed? As they ought to be.
    i bet they're all out drinking and trying to bone girls in pink redsox hats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew I shoulda gone. Are these cute girls? Not that it would be the deciding factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably cute until they open their mouthes and sound like ben affleck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or Peter Griffin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wicked Haaaad!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Mo goes - what's to say Anselmi doesn't make the same mistake twice. T.A. doesn't know football. He knows sports. Right? I mean, a professional engineer with experience managing venues like arenas and other facilities must know how to hire sports management for 3 North American sports teams. After all, the 3 franchises are performing so well.

Oh, wait.....

Maybe Tom Anselmi is the problem.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports