Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Nane had a decent game, aside from the "Garcia moment." But again, he's no defender. I saw a real strength to him in mid.
    I was very impressed with Hscanovics, seeing as he officially became part of the team today. But obviously not 100% match fit yet, as NE did take advantage.
    Poor Frei didn't deserve the amount of shots he faced. I hope Preki realizes that the proper D line for Thursday should be
    Gargen -- Harden -- Attakora -- Hscanovics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    It was my understanding that he was a midfielder only, it really surprised me to see him at forward.
    They played him as an attacking mid / withdrawn forward. Sort of a midfielder, sort of not. It was a strange choice for the team to make. I know ever one's calling for Mo's head, but I think Preki and his "hardworkers" talk is going to be the real downfall of the team (I think LaBrocca is going to emerge as one of his favourite hardworkers).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty generous all the way around. White was awful, maybe a 4. Saric is a decent defender but his movement off the ball is absolute shit, and as much as he clogs the opponent coming into our end, he can't link up for shit going the other way. A 5. Nana gets a 5 generously. He blew it on the first goal.

No way Hscanovic gets a 6 for that performance! He was beaten on two important crosses, Nyassi schooled him several times and he drew a card. He only gets a 5 because they keyed on the fullbacks so consistently.

What did Sanyang do, exactly, to deserve a 6? Again, straight 5. Added not much of anything to the game, same as Labrocca.

Frei gets a 7. The only standout performer, he had no chance on the goals and made key saves when he did have a chance.

No rating for Gargan? He was caught up a couple of times but was generally all right, I'd say a 5.5.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gargan was to blame on the first goal was he not on the wrong side of his man when the cross came in? Hscanovic was the best defender. I know it's like being the tallest midget but he made some good stops and the card was harsh as he got the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can give any credit at all to Nana or Garcia - that second half performance by the centrebacks was the worst I've ever seen. And I've seen some poor centre back performances the last 3 years!

And the Latvian and Gargan weren't that much better; (although they could have looked a lot worse than they are because of the lack of understanding/cohesiveness of the defensive line. (and Nane is clearly not an MLS quality defender).

The subs contributed absolutley nothing. JDG has shown none of his quality in a TFC uniform - and it could be me, but it looked like his teammates had no confidence in Barrett and actively looked to place the ball elsewhere.

DeRo looked pretty good. LaBrocca looks a useful player, I thought he linked the play well (in the 1st); I enjoyed Saric's tenacity. Sanyang was strong and committed. Although they all looked a lot better in the first half.

OBW didn't do much - but didn't have a lot of service...most times he just looked young and raw and inexperienced.

What a horror show! Still there are positives...I guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO BEER, NO GEAR TILL THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! thats my new chant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Pretty generous all the way around. White was awful, maybe a 4. Saric is a decent defender but his movement off the ball is absolute shit, and as much as he clogs the opponent coming into our end, he can't link up for shit going the other way. A 5. Nana gets a 5 generously. He blew it on the first goal.

No way Hscanovic gets a 6 for that performance! He was beaten on two important crosses, Nyassi schooled him several times and he drew a card. He only gets a 5 because they keyed on the fullbacks so consistently.

What did Sanyang do, exactly, to deserve a 6? Again, straight 5. Added not much of anything to the game, same as Labrocca.

Frei gets a 7. The only standout performer, he had no chance on the goals and made key saves when he did have a chance.

No rating for Gargan? He was caught up a couple of times but was generally all right, I'd say a 5.5.
    Fuck man you took the words out of my mouth with Hscanovic. Nyassi schooled him all game and people are rating this guy. I'm not saying he's useless and time to throw him under the bus, but he really did have a rough game. Nyassi was dancing cirlces around him while he was tripping over his own feet. Having said that, he atleast looks like he can handle the ball when it's at his feet, it's not like having Adam Braz back there. I'll also add that the studs up tackle could've been a red on any given day.

As far as Joseph Nane, I was pleasantly surprised until he moved to defense. He actually looks very strong and comfortable on the ball. I want to see more of him.

Oh and Gargan was definately decent. Probably the best defender on the pitch last night although that isn't saying much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onemanbarmyarmy View Post
    Gargan was to blame on the first goal was he not on the wrong side of his man when the cross came in?
    Yeah, but Gargan wasn't the last line of defense. That ball went completely across the mouth of the goal... past two TFC players (one being Nana), then Frei, then it gets to the striker at the back post, where Gargan is on the wrong side. So yeah, it would have been nice for Gargan to be on the other side of the striker, but the ball shouldn't have gone past three TFC players along the line.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett played?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Barrett played?
    I think he got about 30 mins in. I have to say, he looked a hell of a lot livelier then OBW did. I won't break his balls yet, right now, he's our best striker hands down when Dero isn't playing up there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Yeah, but Gargan wasn't the last line of defense. That ball went completely across the mouth of the goal... past two TFC players (one being Nana), then Frei, then it gets to the striker at the back post, where Gargan is on the wrong side. So yeah, it would have been nice for Gargan to be on the other side of the striker, but the ball shouldn't have gone past three TFC players along the line.
    Depends if you are playing zone coverage or man marking. Gargan's man marking was exactly opposite of what it should be. regardless Garcia was the first line of defence so you can't count on that. If three other players had a chance Gargan should have stopped the play after watching it for so long.