Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy Welsh. I remember seeing that he played a few games for Sunderland in the Premier League and thought "Wow, we're getting some good players in here".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm being naive but I do expect JDG to put up numbers. Not necessarily goals but since MLS counts up to two assists per score I don't think its unreasonable to think that he should be able to notch 12+ in that department. Lets face it, TFC is not a short passing team and since DeRo is such a ball hog I wouldn't be surprised if JDG has a hand in half of his goals this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    Julian de Guzman.
    He cost us the most (in salary) and for all that money has given us very little.

A close second is MLSE's signing of Johnston.
    What a tosser.
    no way JDG can be considered a disapointment yet... he has hardly been given a chance so far... last season was a write off... we will have to see this season what he brings... but for now his slate is clean...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me like we have always had one piece of the puzzle that is let down by others. (thats how it is with a salary cap i guess)

Robert could have been great. I don't regret that signing at all because he was well worth the gamble. I wouldn't even have released him.

You could see the frustration on him when he'd put in a great through ball and had nobody to get on the end of it. Dichio had the mind but not the legs to take advantage, Cunningham had the legs but not the brain to pick it out and be in the right place.

If we had an attacker who could make a solid connection with Robert's service it would've produced a lot.

Shit call me crazy but I'd even have him back this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Pablo Vitti - The guy obviously had talent. Skill on the ball, passing, confidence to run at defenders, runs off the ball, ability to draw fouls everything you would want except for the finishing.
    he also had the same amount of goals in his first year in the MLS as Conor Casey did too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think Garcia should be considered a disappointment... you have to have some hope in the guy first inorder for him to be a disappointment... lol... and after that PK he gave away vs montreal last year in the NCC i never had hope in the asshole... so he hasnt disappointed me... i just want him off our fucking squad....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Maybe I'm being naive but I do expect JDG to put up numbers. Not necessarily goals but since MLS counts up to two assists per score I don't think its unreasonable to think that he should be able to notch 12+ in that department. Lets face it, TFC is not a short passing team and since DeRo is such a ball hog I wouldn't be surprised if JDG has a hand in half of his goals this season.
    I can see the assists thing being a big factor. But right now, Im going to give him the season to get there to be a success, failure isn't an option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Personally for me it has to be Ricketts. I got caught up in the hype. I was a rookie at looking at someone's past and made lots of assumptions. Ricketts played for Spurs and Everton. He was touted as the next Beckham. How could he not come here and absolutely tear up the MLS?

Well...Ive been alot more cautious at making assumptions about a player I had never seen play since then.
    Hell, I saw him play that season he started 20 games for Tottenham. I couldn't believe we'd signed him. It took about four games, and several really, really bad attempts at heroics, before that shine came off. Then it just got worse and worse from there.

Laurent Robert did fine for about three games. Then he mentally packed it in, content that there was no point trying around "inferior" football. Plus, he played totally one-way in a two-way league.

Smith was disappointing because I got the sense his career was ruined by him being moved to the wing. When he was a US u-19 striker, he looked lethal. Then Bolton moved him to the wing and he just didn't have the right tools.

But to me, all of these issues point back to the same problem: we haven't had a team gel together, with MLS-relative strength in all positions, since the team was founded. Not one preseason has ended in us having a strong starting lineup.

Uh....fire Mo?

I'm actually started to feel slightly sorry for the wee scotsman. I'm sure once he leaves here he'll manage to spin this sorry pantload to someone with money, as he obviously has the gift. But he's had a pretty sorry run so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    It seems to me like we have always had one piece of the puzzle that is let down by others. (thats how it is with a salary cap i guess)

Robert could have been great. I don't regret that signing at all because he was well worth the gamble. I wouldn't even have released him.

You could see the frustration on him when he'd put in a great through ball and had nobody to get on the end of it. Dichio had the mind but not the legs to take advantage, Cunningham had the legs but not the brain to pick it out and be in the right place.

If we had an attacker who could make a solid connection with Robert's service it would've produced a lot.

Shit call me crazy but I'd even have him back this season.
    Only played offense. If we'd put him the hole, that might work, and he certainly had the skill. But his didn't track back, leaving his fullback flat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KezmanCCCC View Post
    no way JDG can be considered a disapointment yet... he has hardly been given a chance so far... last season was a write off... we will have to see this season what he brings... but for now his slate is clean...
    NO way man. Last season was by no means a write off. why would it ever be? if anything, this season is a bigger right off then last season. We had the players in place to make the playoffs and we didn't. Deguz did nothing to help us when he came.

It's not a clean slate scenario for Deguz, it's a you better turn it around scenario with that paycheck you're making.

Nana Attakora had more impact on this team in his first half season then Deguz has in his first half season. don't tell me Deguz gets a free pass, that's crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo and Garcia....and to think those 2 are best buddies....Can I make some kind of package deal with Satan to get rid of those 2? Hell he can even have my soul...