View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job Preki is doing as head coach of TFC?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 67.20%
  • No

62 32.80%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No shit. Roogs. This is football. It's not the financial world. Not everything has to be measured in business terms.

I feel, at this point, there isn't enough solid information to form an accurate opinion of Preki at TFC. When it comes to sports, every opinion is objective. As to say, no matter what happens a year from now, my opinion and yours will never gel 100%. No matter what the results are. So what I'm saying is that at this point, neither of us, or anyone else for that matter, has enough information and results to base a proper, accurate opinion on our new head coach. Especially since the squad is still very much in limbo in terms of starting XI. I feel that until Preki has a full team (or at least one he's going to stick with and not putting in players because he has no other option) any opinion is not a true representation of Preki's abilities.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's all relative to when a decision has to be made about his performance. Is there a deadline?

The barometer of his performance would be based on this...

Given Preki performance to date, would you be willing to extend his contract or terminate his contract?

I think 95% of the people here would say - too early to tell.

Sometime around the summer, there will be more evidence based on his performance to judge and there will be a more definitive assessment.

Just because he took over in November doesn't mean you can assess the reason he was brought in - to coach.

You can use the evidence based on personnel decisions, preseason matches, etc. but really at the end of the day he's assessed on what he does as a coach.

And right now, it's too early too tell.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree Jay. This isnt about "finance", this is about "performance". Which is a demand in any job, in any industry. Especially sport.

Preki has a job where his main duty is to get the best out of his players, regardless of the roster he has. That means, his job begins the day he puts on the cleats and touches the field with the players. At that point, the analysis begins, end of story. Why? Because from that point forward, each training session, each game that goes by the team begins to resemble the coach's philosophy and abilities.

But yes, at the end of the season, the team will be playing a whole lot more like the style and preference of the new coach. But like many have commented already (including yourself I believe) the team "looked more organized". <<<--- THAT IS AN OPINION! Based on Preki's work SO FAR. Have you said this? Have others? If so, that means people have started to see effects of his work. If there are effects to be noticed, there is an analysis that can be performed and evaluated.

Therefore, based on the information we have so far...we can have an opinion, even if we admit it is incomplete. That is my entire point. Nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Somebody better let Roogsy know that Kavanagh has hijacked his account.
    Ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Roogs, I still don't agree. See Whoop's post for a great explanation. Anyone can have an opinion on something but to make an informed, and properly formed opinion, you need more definitive actions (results/roster moves/etc) to base it on.

After Gerba played one game with TFC, did you feel that you had enough information to base an accurate opinion of him as a player? How about Dichio? Or Cunningham?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    It's all relative to when a decision has to be made about his performance. Is there a deadline?

The barometer of his performance would be based on this...

Given Preki performance to date, would you be willing to extend his contract or terminate his contract?

I think 95% of the people here would say - too early to tell.

Sometime around the summer, there will be more evidence based on his performance to judge and there will be a more definitive assessment.

Just because he took over in November doesn't mean you can assess the reason he was brought in - to coach.

You can use the evidence based on personnel decisions, preseason matches, etc. but really at the end of the day he's assessed on what he does as a coach.

And right now, it's too early too tell.
    Tell me Victor: Is the opinion formulated by mid-season guaranteed to be the same as the opinion you will have at the end of the season?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Sorry Roogs, I still don't agree. See Whoop's post for a great explanation.
    I actually think Whoop's post actually proves my point but neither of you see it. The problem is that you guys are using a logical fallacy called "slippery slope". The problem here is that nobody is asking people to "extend" Preki's contract". The only thing discussed is to this point, do you think he's done a decent job? Yes or no. Are you telling me you can't even answer THAT question? That there isn't enough evidence to even say that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    lol after 1 game?!!! !!!!!
    +100

voted yes nonetheless... since we didn't have an option of undecided.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    So then what you are saying is that he should only be judged based on the number of competitive matches.

So he should not be judged on his roster decisions.

He should not be judged on how he has handled roster decisions.

He should not be judged on formations he has tinkered with in exhibition matches. Whether TFC looked more or less organized in Columbus had nothing to do with Preki, it was just a fluke.

He should not be judged on how he is training players.

Because none of that would be rational.

In fact, that kind of rational approach IS the problem.

It's exactly that kind of breaking down the large goal into smaller sections and judging each one that fails in sports. It's the corporate approach and it's really designed to make excuses for failures, so people can say to their boss, "Out of the six areas we use to judge, he was successful at four, so let's keep him doing what he's doing. We're on the right track."

But this isn't business (as others have pointed out) this is sports. The only thing that matters is winning games. A team can look like it's building and on the right track and doing the right things and improving forever and still never get over the hump and win a championship (like New England, 0-4 in Championship games).

There is no way to measure "progress" on a sports team, no way to know for sure when to blow everything up and start rebuilding and when to just tinker a little more. There's no formula.

That's why sports are so interesting and so frustrating .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me Victor: Is the opinion formulated by mid-season guaranteed to be the same as the opinion you will have at the end of the season?
    NO! This is what I was saying. More results = more factual information to base an opinion off of.

I actually think Whoop's post actually proves my point but neither of you see it. The problem is that you guys are using a logical fallacy called "slippery slope". The problem here is that nobody is asking people to "extend" Preki's contract. The only thing discussed is to this point, do you think he's done a decent job? Yes or no. Are you telling me you can't even answer THAT question? That there isn't enough evidence to even say that?
    Can I provide an opinion? Yes. Do I feel it accurately represents Preki and how he's doing with TFC? No. I have not seen enough to make an informed decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    In fact, that kind of rational approach IS the problem.

It's exactly that kind of breaking down the large goal into smaller sections and judging each one that fails in sports. It's the corporate approach and it's really designed to make excuses for failures, so people can say to their boss, "Out of the six areas we use to judge, he was successful at four, so let's keep him doing what he's doing. We're on the right track."

But this isn't business (as others have pointed out) this is sports. The only thing that matters is winning games. A team can look like it's building and on the right track and doing the right things and improving forever and still never get over the hump and win a championship (like New England, 0-4 in Championship games).

There is no way to measure "progress" on a sports team, no way to know for sure when to blow everything up and start rebuilding and when to just tinker a little more. There's no formula.

That's why sports are so interesting and so frustrating .
    Thank you! LOL

And until Preki has gotten results (whether they be w/d/l), you can't accurately judge how Preki has done with TFC so far.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course not.

When I go watch players - over the course of a season - there are ebbs and flows. Some people put more emphasis a player's performance in the playoffs, some people put an emphasis on a player's performance in a particular game. I always say every performance is part of the puzzle/picture.

At some point you will be comfortable about your assessment after a couple of shifts, games, etc. Sometimes you're not... you want to see more. At the end of day though, there is a deadline of when a decision has to be made.

Are you comfortable with your assessment of Preki right now, that you can make a decision on his future? Because essentially that's what it comes down to. Or would you rather gather more information?

Everyone knows what opinions are like...

And at the day, opinions mean shit until you have to make a definitive answer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO! This is what I was saying. More results = more factual information to base an opinion off of.
    Then by that rationale, none of us should have any opinion whatsoever of Preki until the end of the year when all the data is in. We should simply all agree not to discuss Preki's performance until the record books for the season are closed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you comfortable with your assessment of Preki right now, that you can make a decision on his future? Because essentially that's what it comes down to. Or would you rather gather more information?
    That's exactly the slippery slope I was talking about. Where did anyone ask to decide Preki's future? That is certainly NOT what it comes down to. All anyone is really asking by posing this question is "you see that guy down on the field...does he look like he knows what he is doing? Yes? Ok drive on..." I can't believe that is so much to ask at this point, 2 months into training, tournaments and a professional game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL this discussion is ridiculous and will go in circles forever.

I'll see all of you fuckers in Boston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly the slippery slope I was talking about. Where did anyone ask to decide Preki's future? That is certainly NOT what it comes down to. All anyone is really asking by posing this question is "you see that guy down on the field...does he look like he knows what he is doing? Yes? Ok drive on..." I can't believe that is so much to ask at this point, 2 months into training, tournaments and a professional game.
    I really hope you're not judging anything based off that tourney.......

People did that last year...........

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I actually think Whoop's post actually proves my point but neither of you see it. The problem is that you guys are using a logical fallacy called "slippery slope". The problem here is that nobody is asking people to "extend" Preki's contract". The only thing discussed is to this point, do you think he's done a decent job? Yes or no. Are you telling me you can't even answer THAT question? That there isn't enough evidence to even say that?
    Yeah, but because it's so early in the season that opinion is still forming that it's useless to decide right now.

As bgnewf pointed out it's ridiculous to discuss because TFC wins this weekend, all the no's go to the yes column. Then TFC ties Philadelphia... half of the yes's go back to the no's.

It's like saying the Boston Red Sox are going to win the World Series based on yesterday's win over the Yankees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then by that rationale, none of us should have any opinion whatsoever of Preki until the end of the year when all the data is in. We should simply all agree not to discuss Preki's performance until the record books for the season are closed.
    No, what I'm saying is we need more information to judge him upon. At this point, we have one competitive match, of which we couldn't even field a full bench, and some roster moves. Do you feel comfortable judging him off of that information? I don't. The roster stuff, I can say that I'm 'ok' with what he's done so far in that regard. Still, I don't have an overall opinion of Preki's time at TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like saying the Boston Red Sox are going to win the World Series based on yesterday's win over the Yankees.
    Dunno how many times I can say it but you guys are like hardcoded to use slippery slope arguments. It's like logic flies right out the window...

So the answer here then is Preki has had no effect on TFC. We will only see the effects he has on the team until all the games in the season have been played. I certainly hope I don't see any pro or con threads about Preki at any point this season until all the games have been played.

Got it. I am moving on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and people thought that Carver was doing a good job with TFC, so much so to get scarves and banners made for him... at about the same point of the season last year. Then what?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes/no.

Ideally, you want to wait until the season is done to make a decision........ like MLSE should have done before extending Mo's contract!

Like I'm saying... you can change your opinion so many times until then that your opinion is essentially irrelevant.

Until a decision has to be made...

We have a saying after watching someone perform well or not so well and start getting too high or too low on a guy... "that's why you scout all year."

And that's why you play the game on the pitch... the answers will come from there. Not from the opinion(s) from the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like logic flies right out the window...
    No. How can using factual information to form an opinion be considered illogical?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got it guys...for you opinion = decision.

No worries. I know where you're both coming from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and people thought that Carver was doing a good job with TFC, so much so to get scarves and banners made for him... at about the same point of the season last year. Then what?
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(insert coach here) All Red Army

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well... based on that... Preki looks and acts like a coach.

Some might argue that's just an opinion though.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    LOL this discussion is ridiculous and will go in circles forever.

I'll see all of you fuckers in Boston.
    Exactly.

And why is it ridiculous?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wayyyyyyy to early for this type of poll......

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. How can using factual information to form an opinion be considered illogical?
    I see...there are zero facts to be used at the moment. Nil. Zilch. He's been paid for 5 months and he might as well have gone on vacation.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dunno how many times I can say it but you guys are like hardcoded to use slippery slope arguments. It's like logic flies right out the window...

So the answer here then is Preki has had no effect on TFC. We will only see the effects he has on the team until all the games in the season have been played. I certainly hope I don't see any pro or con threads about Preki at any point this season until all the games have been played.

Got it. I am moving on.
    Logic would dictate that you can't make a definitive judgement based on a limited scope of evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logic would dictate that you can't make a definitive judgement based on a limited scope of evidence.
    Yes you can....................

For shame Vic..........