View Poll Results: Do you approve of the job Preki is doing as head coach of TFC?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 67.20%
  • No

62 32.80%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Preki Approval Rating - April 2010

ESPN has this for NFL coaches, I think its useful here.

Simple and sweet, interpret the question how you feel.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol after 1 game?!!! !!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely. Some people on these boards approve very strongly of the job he's doing, and others have been flaming away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude. This is absurd. With due respect all you are doing here is stirring the pot unecessarily. We have had 90 minutes man to judge this coach in game day tactics and situations! It's like trying to judge you in your job after one day at work.

Silly.

Moderators, please close this silliness down and re-open it in November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    Dude. This is absurd. With due respect all you are doing here is stirring the pot unecessarily. We have had 90 minutes man to judge this coach in game day tactics and situations! It's like trying to judge you in your job after one day at work.

Silly.

Multiple preseason games, multiple interviews, handling of trailists, the Columbus game.. theres quite a bit to judge Preki.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to agree with DichioTFC. This is a valid discussion regardless if someone thinks it's premature. Besides...it could be done on a regular basis as the year goes one and we can see the progression in opinion as he does a good job or not.

After all, news websites have "power rankings" for teams as the year progresses. We rate players on a per game basis. Why not coaches?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a third poll option: "I don't have a clue, too early." ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post

Silly.

It's interesting you mention November. He was hired last November and apeears to have done nothing until days before the season started. It seems so unlikely that was his plan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted no, simply because we do not have a competitive squad as of the beginning of the year while other clubs have made improvements on their rosters. Completely unacceptable - full stop.

But it's not just Preki's fault so I'm not saying dump him. It's a collective failure of the entire organization. I really really hope to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has not done anything wrong. As of right now, I do approve of him.

This is a valid discussion, as Power Rankings are done weekly. This would be a good thread to have either bi-weekly, or monthly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    It's interesting you mention November. He was hired last November and apeears to have done nothing until days before the season started. It seems so unlikely that was his plan...
    ... and who's to say he was 'allowed' to do anything that early? I'm sure there were probably plenty of pow wows to get him acquainted with the team/staff/city/plans/etc.

IMO, it's still too early to judge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    yeah seriously, also i dont know how people cant based on thsi alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    ... and who's to say he was 'allowed' to do anything that early? I'm sure there were probably plenty of pow wows to get him acquainted with the team/staff/city/plans/etc.

Spot on. He's on the clock at the end of season one as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got the balls to clean house for his system. And yes, no one can judge his system based on one game. But he's got my approval for the house-cleaning exercise alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't even have our roster finalized - it might be a bit premature to start the formal evaluation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not be hasty about judging this guy. Let's wait at least until the team scores a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post

We don't even know how much power he has now lol. Even though he was here since last Nov, he really didn't get to see what he had until the preseason. He may just have given Mo a list... get rid of these and I want those players and said get er done Mo.

Preki did say it is going to take a while to get things straightened out, and we all knew that seeing some of the albatross contracts we had and still have. He did well managing the Chivas cap unlike Mo did in the past. The problem is if things are still messed up it will be hard to figure out who is to blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Preki We Judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    We don't even know how much power he has now lol. Even though he was here since last Nov, he really didn't get to see what he had until the preseason. He may just have given Mo a list... get rid of these and I want those players and said get er done Mo.

Preki did say it is going to take a while to get things straightened out, and we all knew that seeing some of the albatross contracts we had and still have. He did well managing the Chivas cap unlike Mo did in the past. The problem is if things are still messed up it will be hard to figure out who is to blame.

The truth is, we don't really know how much power either one of them has. That's what I was getting at - with the threat of a strike or lockout it's unlikely either one of them were allowed to offer any contracts to anyone, so really, the team's probably only been operating since the CBA was signed.

It's way too early to tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    In Preki We Judge.
    spot on Rudi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as pointed out above, this is a valid question.

we're not being asked to make a final judgment - just how we feel at the moment. i'm assuming OP's intent was to ask this question multiple times throughout the season.

although, i would like to see an "undecided" or "neutral" option.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it takes at least 5 league matches to show how a coach is doing. Until then, Preki gets a free pass from me.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree a normal coach gets more time but when you come and clean house because of some supposed philosophy or tactic...then you better have a plan, and in my mind the accountability increases several fold. So far, this has been nothing short of a cluster...and Preki shas hared accountability with Mo. What ever happened to working with the team you have, maximizing outcomes and replacing strategically as the opportunities arise. Evidently its not Preki's strategy and thats fine, but then he owns every single loss and results from Day 1...no excuses.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we're judging him this early why not fire him? He hasn't won a regular season game in club history!!

....and that's why it's dumb to judge now... if we're gonna judge for April it should be after April actually happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys this is clearly a poll to see if you rate him at the moment from what you've seen so far from preseason and whatever else...setting an opinion benchmark to see how it changes over the season on a monthly basis.

I don't think the OPs intention is for us to start judging Preki's accomplishments, just whether you rate him or not.

Anyways it will be interesting to see the progression of opinion throughout the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    I would agree a normal coach gets more time but when you come and clean house because of some supposed philosophy or tactic...then you better have a plan, and in my mind the accountability increases several fold. So far, this has been nothing short of a cluster...and Preki shas hared accountability with Mo. What ever happened to working with the team you have, maximizing outcomes and replacing strategically as the opportunities arise. Evidently its not Preki's strategy and thats fine, but then he owns every single loss and results from Day 1...no excuses.

So you think that a coach should work with team they get stuck with? Our biggest problem was cap space. We paid down our cap last year with a bunch of allocations, allocations we didn't have this year. There was no way we could have filled out the roster and stayed under the cap with last year's squad. So something had to happen.

I give Preki credit for having the balls to clean house. Guevara was an asset, but was neither consistent nor would he have been 100% focused with the WC campaign for Honduras. Robbo was injury riddled and overpaid, his recent knee injury shows this again. Love the guy, but he wasn't the two way player that Preki wants, neither is Guevara.

Look at Chivas this year. Basically the same team, but without Preki, and they're two losses from two games, no goals, 3 against.

Preki has been noted for getting the best out of his players, for a minimal cost. That's (to me anyway) so obvious with the moves he's made so far, so why not give him a chance to prove himself before cutting him down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay then, if rating him to-date:

1. he's making hard choices now in terms of clearing out salary that will serve us well down the road.

2. we're a better organized side.

The way he's going about it though, we're not going to see dividends until the end of this season at the earliest.

Johnston still has to go. Preki on the other hand... give him time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have said yes, but realy it is too early, I give him 10 full games, as I did with every other manager. So far we have not looked great, and I am disapointed at how we looked in pre-season in particular, not that we looked great in columbus. But I give him the benegfit of the doubt. For now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/ARSENAL View Post
    Let's not be hasty about judging this guy. Let's wait at least until the team scores a goal.
    If/When Garcia scores an OG does that count?