Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default We'll take 119

Roogsey,

Great Post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My father, son and I have been in 119 since day 1.
    We were thrilled last year that 119 became a supporters section.
    We can stand up all game and cheer as much as we want...
    We would be happy to carry on nthe RPB message in our section.

Torontotonto

Thanks for the memories Danny

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    good luck with 119 i left that area that area is full of casuals fans. 119 should has the supporter sec name removed and rename standing area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Yup. 119 is definitely invited to join. They are included in my first post and I have sent private messages to some of the guys I know personally. As of yet, nobody has responded but I am hopeful.
    go post this on the http://gotorontofc.com/ forum that is where There is a supporters group called Lakeside Loyals here is there song list http://gotorontofc.com/forums/viewto...t=3135&start=0

if you want to get anything started there the guys you want to talk to
    Last edited by nascarguy; 04-06-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have some rpb in 120 & 121. The 1st 2 years that i was in that sec for there was alot of people trying to singalong.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the upper section above 119 isn't bad either - 219? Do we know anyone in there?

It would be fucking great to get all these little pockets pulling together. Gives you shivers just thinking about it...
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see this initiative. I suggest for at least the first three games, you try to get your pockets of key people in each section standing together in the stands, regardless of where their actual seats are. Get the atmosphere started from one area, and it will grow. People will join in if a group gets going consistently, but they won't if its just one person singing beside them. You need to create a focal point first for things to spread out from.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    Giles doesn't fuck around... Therefore, He is 111...

See what I did there?

111 is scary, like 1978 Econoline with burgundy shades scary!
    People should be putting their BMO locations in their sig, that way we can find people in our sections. . . . .

and if someone posts something you dont like . . . you know where they are HAHAHAha

EPIC 111 FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy, once we figure out who sits in what section and organize the crew how will we know when to start said chant???

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there a thread and a spreadsheet that someone once did?

that had a Map?
    Are we planning on doing this again?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit 1 row down from city boy...me and my buddy will give it a try.... but, no offence, there is a bunch of scotish guys above us that start say that we are not french once we start singing it....but we will giver a try.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Roogsy, once we figure out who sits in what section and organize the crew how will we know when to start said chant???

We will likely have determined points in the game where we will be doing this. We don't want to "instruct" anyone on when to cheer and when to sing. We still want the crowd to be instinctive and spontaneous.

So like I mentioned, we will probably do this once per half at a preset time that we will work out with the capos days before the first game and that I will communicate here in this thread as well as through PM to those on the list of sections.

At that point, it will be up to us not only to keep an eye on the preset times but also to motivate those around us to join in when it happens. Like I said before, that may involve an embrassing first attempt where you may be the only singing in your row but that is the price we are asking you to pay at the beginning to help get started something that I think will be easy to catch on.

And to help, what we hope to have is a visible capo for this song only (don't worry those of you who are against capos in 117/118, this is not some grand scheme to get RPB to take over the sections), in front of the southwest stands, probably somewhere in front of 117 to coordinate with the capo in front of 113 for the timing of the call and response.

And I am trying to get him a flag or something else to get him noticed.

So what I can say now is thank you to those of you who are stepping up and please wait for more details.

And those of you reading this and who sit in these sections...please let us know if you can help.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I just caught myself now, but I guess just to make sure, I should ask the question.

Everyone here knows that the "Massive" is the french chant we use "Qu'est-ce que vous chantez?" right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i just about give up trying to get the south west sec 118 & 119 to do anything last season the numbers are too small and they are so against getting a capo for the area. But that area need's a capo

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no worries about this Kev....118/119 love the Massive. It's the one chant I am sure we can do. I think we can get many if not most of the people from each of those sections involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    yeah i just about give up trying to get the south west sec 118 & 119 to do anything last season the numbers are too small and they are so against getting a capo for the area. But that area need's a capo

I completely agree the problem IMO is the guys at the front of 117 want to do their own thing. I know a few of them I have tried talking to them but so far nothing has worked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in roogsy along with my crew of four, the usectors in front of us will be in too

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    I'm in roogsy along with my crew of four, the usectors in front of us will be in too

BOOYA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Roogsy, add me to the 115 list, seat right beside morgank1986, we try hard every game to get our section going but typically our area and Cityboy's are the only ones that pick up what we hear from the bunker...with that being said we'll just keep pushin this season, bound to catch on at some point!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done!

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Wasn't there a thread and a spreadsheet that someone once did?

that had a Map?
    Are we planning on doing this again?
    IIRC, Flatz at some point was working on something similar, but I do agree it's nice to post where you are!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ageroo and I west side of sec.115 1st row.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I completely agree the problem IMO is the guys at the front of 117 want to do their own thing. I know a few of them I have tried talking to them but so far nothing has worked
    Did you tried eventually they will give up.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC115 View Post
    I sit 1 row down from city boy...me and my buddy will give it a try.... but, no offence, there is a bunch of scotish guys above us that start say that we are not french once we start singing it....but we will giver a try.
    don't worry about Jeff, mate, we can take care of him. I'm sure celt-nick will agree with me on that.
    115 is gonna rock this year whether people want it to or not. Us lot will try and get on the same page as the Morgank crew to the west.

The problem is 114.

113 picks up 112/111 just fine, but the sound dies in 114 and as a consequence us loud-mouthed pissed-up supporters at the top of 115 have to try and get it to carry, but other less-committed will not make that effort if it's not carrying. We have 5 solid rows at the top east side that know all the songs...

FFS if my 9 year old knows all the words to "They built the House on Lakeshore" there is NO FUCKIN EXCUSE, people!

Anyone on here from 114 willing to step it up?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have thought about 114.

114 is a bit of a headscratcher. I don't know anyone there. I don't see much activity coming from there. And I don't know how they will respond.

Hopefully, they will take one side of this effort and give it their all.

In the meantime, I hope to work with sections where I know people and can ask them to help.

Sections 110-113 will bring it completely. They will send a call so powerful, so moving that we will have no choice but to respond.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez?

And you will hear the cry from 115-119:

Nous chantons les Rouges allez!

Let's hope 114 joins with 110-113 and makes that call even stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I have thought about 114.

114 is a bit of a headscratcher. I don't know anyone there. I don't see much activity coming from there. And I don't know how they will respond.

Hopefully, they will take one side of this effort and give it their all.

In the meantime, I hope to work with sections where I know people and can ask them to help.

Sections 110-113 will bring it completely. They will send a call so powerful, so moving that we will have no choice but to respond.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez?

And you will hear the cry from 115-119:

Nous chantons les Rouges allez!

Let's hope 114 joins with 110-113 and makes that call even stronger.
    Can you link this thread to a call-out thread to 114 specifically? Wouldn't hurt. Maybe U sector could influence their quiet neighbours...
    just an idea...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    IIRC, Flatz at some point was working on something similar, but I do agree it's nice to post where you are!
    should be in the "location" under everyone's name. . Mods can we ask members to do this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Can you link this thread to a call-out thread to 114 specifically? Wouldn't hurt. Maybe U sector could influence their quiet neighbours...
    just an idea...
    Good idea. I've posted an invitation on the Usector board. I will mention Section 114 for sure.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha......sorry bhoys, I have to admit that I have joined in on that one. The Massive was never my favourite (in theory) to say the least. I have to say though, once I saw NEE doi it in conjunction with the bunker, well lets just say it grew on me (has awsome potential). I'm all for helping out for the greater good of the team if its something the majority of us want (whole point of belonging to an organization) even when it is something I may not like at first. I'll help control my mates on this one and even try to get them to join in (in a worst case scenario I'll just bribe them with pints!).

Quote Originally Posted by TFC115 View Post

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    don't worry about Jeff, mate, we can take care of him. I'm sure celt-nick will agree with me on that.
    115 is gonna rock this year whether people want it to or not. Us lot will try and get on the same page as the Morgank crew to the west.

The problem is 114.

113 picks up 112/111 just fine, but the sound dies in 114 and as a consequence us loud-mouthed pissed-up supporters at the top of 115 have to try and get it to carry, but other less-committed will not make that effort if it's not carrying. We have 5 solid rows at the top east side that know all the songs...

FFS if my 9 year old knows all the words to "They built the House on Lakeshore" there is NO FUCKIN EXCUSE, people!

Anyone on here from 114 willing to step it up?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we would like to do is have a mix of songs and chants so that everyone gets a chance to do something they like. I have to admit, the Massive isn't exactly my favourite, but it works so damn well we have to acknowledge it and give it the place it deserves.

This is the best chance to get everyone from one end of the south to the other on board with something. Just to see what it would be like for thousands instead of hundreds joining in on a song, I think it's worth it. Tell that to the guys around you and hopefully they will be on board.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Massive is good theatre too. It's something the casual fans will enjoy joining in with because it's fun, whereas they might not go for a rendition of the house on lakeshore.

Roogsy - stop ignoring my posts about TRN - what are you going to do about them? If thye are in full swing at the pre-determined times then you can forget about 118 being a part of anything, and probably parts of 119 and 117 too. That's a pretty big freakin' hole in the plan. You need to let them know when we are going to try this, and make sure they SHUT THE FUCK UP when we do, because if they try and "drum" the vocal parts it will kill the effort stone dead.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed