Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why I am posting this considering the verbal abuse hurled at me in this thread but here are some more details from someone who watched the reserve game. Your boys did well controlling the play until the red card and goal.

A few more notes:

DC's starting lineup:

GK: Thorpe
    D's (L-to-R): Zaher, Murphy, Mediate, Barlow
    M's (L-to-R): Thompson (guest), Dyachenko, Stratford, Kirk
    F's: Niell, Cordeiro

At the beginning of the second, Carvalho replaced Thorpe, and Cordeiro and Thompson switched (putting Cordeiro in his normal position).

Barlow and Dyachenko were subbed out over the course of the second; can't remember who came in.

As noted, DC wins 2-0. The scoreline is a bit misleading; Toronto had the run of play for a lot of the match. It seemed to go through phases:

1. For much of the first, Toronto carried the run of play, right up until the dust-up between one of our players (Thompson?) and one of theirs (was on the opposite side of the field from me. Niell came running in, and took a shot to the head/neck. He got a yellow; the guy who clocked him got red.

2. After the red, and for the rest of the first, the match was more in our favor, but not as much as you'd expect given the man advantage.

3. At the start of the second, despite being a man down, Toronto came out strong and really pressed. They had the momentum until we scored, against the run of play. I'd moved to the north end of the field at that point, and the goal was scored at the south end, but it looked like a nice sequence.

4. After that goal, Toronto seemed to really deflate, while DC played with more confidence and energy. The second goal game when Niell sent in a low shot. The keeper was a little out from the goal to narrow the angle of the shot. Just as Niell shot, a TFC player slid in to tackle the ball, causing a deflection up into the air and over the keeper's head, and into the goal.

Not much happened after that.

Late in the first, there was nearly a second fight. Gala for TFC and Zaher for DCU had been jawing away and bumping each other for an extended period, jockeying for "position" even though the ball wasn't nearby. As Zaher left it and started to move back towards his goal, Gala took the opportunity to kick Zaher in the calf from behind. Zaher came back after him and shoved him, and of course that's all the refs saw and TFC got the foul call. On the subsequent free kick, Toronto seemed to score a nice goal, but it was called back for offside.

Footyfan note: Nice way to treat a former TFC player.

One other note: I've never heard anybody jaw at the AR like Lombardo does. Anyone. Some of the stuff he said to the AR was so over the line, without a card or even a comment from the ref, that I now can't imagine how far one would have to go to get the automatic red for "abusive language" that we've occasionally seen. Wow wow wow, he was unreal.
    Footyfan note: Your team is full of classless hacks.
    Last edited by footyfan; 06-18-2008 at 03:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the forward that wears 30 on the DC team/reserve?

We had some fun with that guy last reserve game.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Who is the forward that wears 30 on the DC team/reserve?

We had some fun with that guy last reserve game.
    That would be Liberian international Francis Doe who is away with the Liberian national team. What kind of fun did you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Fuck, I'll bet the lads are quaking in their cleats. Terrifying stuff.

Get over yourself Dickshit, your teams not that hard at all, and it's full of 'midgets' if you hadnt noticed.
    QFT.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    That would be Liberian international Francis Doe who is away with the Liberian national team. What kind of fun did you have?
    He got a bit riled at us on the sidelines - and we were being pretty good that day - told us to fuck off.

Its nice to know we got under his skin without trying. At the restart of the 2nd half he gave us the finger in a very sneaky way. He was subbed with 20mins left. It's fun to have opposition players that play along, makes it more interesting for us.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cambridge_Red: Football isn't for pansies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that guy is punk.

that is all.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question for mods? If I told a RPB member to fuck off and called them a dickshit (whatever that is?! ) would that be in violation of board rules? Just wanting to make sure so if I ever resorted to such a classless thing I am not ejected for what is within the laws of the game

<Mods will note, footyfan has never personally attacked a member of this board.>
    It doesn't matter footyfan. The fact of the matter is, you come on here to stir the pot and cause trouble, so whether you insult another member on the board or not doesn't make any difference.

Trolling is also a cause for a ban.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It doesn't matter footyfan. The fact of the matter is, you come on here to stir the pot and cause trouble, so whether you insult another member on the board or not doesn't make any difference.

The fact of the matter is that you are in our house, if I was in your house and started pissing on the floor, I'm sure you would have a few choice words for me. You are a guest, a little respect goes a long way. Thanks for your positive posts but please leave your shit disturbing and condescension at the door in your own words, it's "classless."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now that youve said that......

youre still a dickshit, fuck off.
    LMAO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

That would be Christmas come early! Seriously, this guy needs to get lost...or some friends...or laid...or (ad infinitum).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    He got a bit riled at us on the sidelines - and we were being pretty good that day - told us to fuck off.

Its nice to know we got under his skin without trying. At the restart of the 2nd half he gave us the finger in a very sneaky way. He was subbed with 20mins left. It's fun to have opposition players that play along, makes it more interesting for us.
    what do you expect you guys are pros you play with the big boys and he's only a reserve he clearly showed it that day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for mods? If I told a RPB member to fuck off and called them a dickshit (whatever that is?! ) would that be in violation of board rules? Just wanting to make sure so if I ever resorted to such a classless thing I am not ejected for what is within the laws of the game

<Mods will note, footyfan has never personally attacked a member of this board.>
    Dickshit: fecal matter that coagulates around a penis after it withdraws from anal sex with someone who really needed to go to the toilet.

Just clearing that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dickshit: fecal matter that coagulates around a penis after it withdraws from anal sex with someone who really needed to go to the toilet.

Just clearing that up.
    I've had more laughs from the zingers on this thread sticking it to a DC Troll than from watching last comic standing. Zing!

I agree with El Presidente and others ... This is Our House! Treat it with respect or we will put you in your place and eject you back to your Big Soccer forum.

Last edited by TicTacTabarnack; 06-18-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Zing!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DGVilleneuve View Post
    This is Our House! Treat it with respect or we will put you in your place and eject you back to your Big Soccer forum.

Fair enough.

And the first step in that direction is a lineup contained in this report (edited down for TFC specfic content).

Toronto FC under John Carver tends to deploy a 4-4-2 formation which morphs into a 4-5-1 as needed. Their reserves often exhibit tactics used by the first team a week later. Carver, experiments more with tactics with his reserve squad than most others around the league so observing reserve matches can provide us with fairly good intelligence when we compare training ground excercises to reserve games to first team games. There are some Toronto FC reserve players who show promise however their forwards seem mostly useless but should be monitored shoud they develop into better players. They may present future trade targets. Andrea Lombardo may be one to watch should he improve his accuracy as he received several first team minutes last season. Jarrod Smith has fairly good vision but lacks consistency but has a fairly strong shot.

Overall the post-mortem on this game is that anything we've learned in past meetings with Toronto has been underscored and we should know how to play them should we need to in the playoffs.

Toronto FC Lineup (4-4-2): GK-David Monsalve, D-Tyler Hemming, D-Kilian Elkinson (Marko Bedenikovic 46), D-Julius James, D-Nana Attakora-Gyan; M-Joey Melo, M-Gabe Gala, M-Tyler Rosunlund, M-Abdus Ibrihim; F-Jarrod Smith, F-Andrea Lombardo.

---------------------------

There, happy now?
    Last edited by footyfan; 06-19-2008 at 06:17 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey footyfan, you might want to note that TFC is #1 on the fairplay table. DC is 13th.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Gala got into a fight? Gala? Am I the only one that finds that funny? That dude weighs like 140 pounds.

2) You beat Chicago at home? Really? And this is a huge accomplishment? I'm not saying Chicago isn't a great team this year, they are, but look at their stats. They are 4-1-1 on the road, great road team. But what's this? 2-3 at home? Chicago is strange, they seem to play worse at home, call me when you beat Chicago at RFK.