Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you remove Garcia and you remove the source of many of those Columbus runs down the field. He was giving it away all night or positioning himself horribly.

I hope with Gargan here at RB, they can put Nana back at CB and bench Garcia. That would solve a lot of probs immediately.

Garcia has so many, as they say in tennis, "unforced errors."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im only interested in hearing what preki has to say about the loss. Here comes the excuses. And mark my words he will defend garcias play and innability .

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't get the bag over your head reference in the OP.

If that is the kind of fan you are... only showing your face when you win... we don't need you.

I instantly liked Preki based on the post game comment, "Way too many long balls..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I instantly liked Preki based on the post game comment, "Way too many long balls..."
    Thank God he noticed that too.
    The only ground game we had was the back 4 passing amongst each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously it's one game......4 players arrived in the last 48 hours.....and one of the goals should not have been allowed. I can't believe what has happened to the "support" for this team.....I'm not trying to make excuses for Mo, MLSE or even Garcia, but there are players on this team who put in good shifts and fought till the end.....negativity breed negativity.....there is alot wrong with the way this team is run but when things go wrong those players who fight game in game out need our support not our hate. It's along season and I for one am not going to give up after one game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd27 View Post
    Seriously it's one game......4 players arrived in the last 48 hours.....and one of the goals should not have been allowed. I can't believe what has happened to the "support" for this team.....I'm not trying to make excuses for Mo, MLSE or even Garcia, but there are players on this team who put in good shifts and fought till the end.....negativity breed negativity.....there is alot wrong with the way this team is run but when things go wrong those players who fight game in game out need our support not our hate. It's along season and I for one am not going to give up after one game.
    Players need out support.
    Management and ownership can rot in hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ManUtd thanks for reminding us . Sometimes we need an encouragement to make us feel better. if you don't mind can you tell me some positives of this game so i can feel better..

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei took matters into his own hands because he doesn't trust Garcia, who seems even worse this year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    Im only interested in hearing what preki has to say about the loss. Here comes the excuses. And mark my words he will defend garcias play and innability .
    I don't get the bag over your head reference in the OP.

If that is the kind of fan you are... only showing your face when you win... we don't need you.

WHAT HE SAID !!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Just what I expected. Garcia is shit. Not even smacking around Big Bird makes up for his shit play. Preki better sit his ass down or any respect I have for him will evapourate.
    and put who instead??? the water boy ?

The squad is super thin thanks to mo's expensive acquisitions and stupid moves for HAVE BEEN players... Mo's just a blood sucker and until we have someone who is unlike him and cares about the game and football and not about the money and brazilian ass...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Players need out support.
    Management and ownership can rot in hell.
    Yes, the players looked much better today than they did in the last game last season - they played much harder and didn't give up. Have we ever seen that in the last ten minutes of any game when down one? So, it's an improvement.

We all want to win every game, of course, tha's a given, but there really is a difference between excuses and context. This team has much more potential right now than last year's team did at the start of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Still, it's always interesting to come on here after a game to see who gets the blame.
    I was just happy to see us create a few chances and keep possession (2nd half). How many shots did we have in Charleston? I don't think we had a single one against Salt Lake ...

People need to remember that we were up against the best team in the league last year (player for player almost the same squad), away from home, and with a midfield and back line that are playing together for the first time ...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ManUtd thanks for reminding us . Sometimes we need an encouragement to make us feel better. if you don't mind can you tell me some positives of this game so i can feel better..
    When you start paying they salaries than you can ask them to make you happy,until than support the team or stay away.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that. Last year in Columus in the first game we were lucky to get a draw, this time we were unlucky to lose by two goals and on another day might have got a draw. But this year, the team played with more heart and played better as a unit. They worked harder for each other. This is something that has nothing to do with luck, it's to do with better coaching and management...I'm happier with our performance today in Columbus than laster year despite getting a draw then. It's a long season...and our future this season looks brighter to me.
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that any of the fans' fault? the 09 season ended in october... there was like 5 month to make aquisitions... If the one at the helm is not competent enough we can;t turn a blind eye and be like "WHO CARES? ... i've got beer."
    Caring sometimes means tough love...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else notice that we instantly became more dangerous when LaBrocca came on? I've never seen this guy play before, but he was quite a capable player... and had that back flick for Attakora who proceeded to backpass it. LaBrocca tried to play fast tempo, always ran forward after passing it off... unfortunately the rest of the team doesn't seem to be on the same page as him. Like the guy already..

Attakora - while strong on defense, has become Marvell Wynne #2 in attack. Gets a lot of chances to go forward, but he's completely clueless when it comes to that final pass. I think he'd be better off staying back and helping out the CB situation than at RB.

Cronin had a poor game... was invisible most of the time. I'm a fan of his but this game wasn't one to remember. OBW (and I'm a HUGE critic of his) played pretty decently... he's still weak at getting those long balls but he was our most dangerous player today by far. Saric was decent... needs to work on the passing, but so does our entire team. JDG was awful... he looked impatient with the team but he wasn't doing much for himself. A lot of errant passes and cheap giveaways.

Nothing more to say about Garcia that hasn't been said. But what's with Frei and his coming out of the box? Some of those decisions were risky... and I can see that we speculate about him not trusting the back line... but still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    I like that. Last year in Columus in the first game we were lucky to get a draw, this time we were unlucky to lose by two goals and on another day might have got a draw. But this year, the team played with more heart and played better as a unit. They worked harder for each other. This is something that has nothing to do with luck, it's to do with better coaching and management...I'm happier with our performance today in Columbus than laster year despite getting a draw then. It's a long season...and our future this season looks brighter to me.
    Agreed. Today was a classic case of the scoreline not necessarily being indicative of the performance of the club. As long as Garcia is not in the lineup against New England, I'm confident TFC will get a result in the next match after 2 weeks of preparation with all the new faces on the roster...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like we had a plan, but with plenty of cracks in it.

How are your defenders going to be able to wheel around with the ball if you're toothless going forward? I hate longball, but it was relatively expected because our midfielders could not advance the ball on the ground. Symptom of another cause.

Columbus did the smart thing and started pressuring up top, without a flexible midfield it left us with little choice but to play over the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need to feel good find a women....football and supporting a team is all about the pain, the ups and downs, but in the end you support the team throught thick and thin, I'm not saying stop complaining about the players that deserve to be shit on, I'm not saying stop fighting the good fight against the owners/managment, but if I was a new player on TFC and I heard about our great fan base and great support and I came on this message board I would leave with a sour taste in my mouth.

My support of the team will not change is we go winless all season, I will be pissed and I will call for Mo, Preki's and whoever elses head deserving of such a call but I will wear my shirt, wave my scarf, stand at my seat signing my lungs out every game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    When you start paying they salaries than you can ask them to make you happy,until than support the team or stay away.

sorry D .. In some small way i do pay for thier salaries. I have my seasons tix and if im not wrong that helps to pay for salaries. Im not trying to be smartass , Im just a fan that loves and cares for this team no matter what .. I do support them and will always support them but i do have expectations that need to be met. I know your work for an Automotive company tell me that we don't have to meet certain requirements from the Front Offfice or eigtherwise they close us up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Someone wanted some positives?

Wait, I thought everyone expected us to lose 3 or 4 to nothing? Now everyones angry we lost 2-0? I don't know about you guys but I didn't have high expectations for this game. You know, since our CB may as well be me, 2 of our players weren't part of TFC until friday and 1 guy didn't even make the game he was signed so late. Did we play great? No. Did anyone expect us to? No. The expectation was we would be exposed. In reality, we lost 2-0, one of the goals they scored was shady, and we had opportunities we just couldn't take advantage. It wasn't like we didn't belong in the same league as them, just that we aren't as good as them. Which we all already knew.

There are SERIOUS signs of improvement over the preseason, and thats all I'm hoping for right now. Mo may need to go, but thats not the players faults. They're still out there giving their all for the badge, the supporters and the city. Well... maybe not Garcia, but almost all of them! Even Jimmy B whom I thought was done to be honest played well. If it wasn't for an unamed CB who kept giving up odd man rushes, we'd have had a real chance in this game. I actually feel significantly better about TFCs future now then I did this morning. What more can supporters of the worst run team in the league ask for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These boards are super negative. I actually liked what I saw from the team. (Aside from Garcia and a some minor things.)

We kept our shape for the most part. Almost scored a few times.

White shooting with his left in a positive way is a great thing for this team to come. A couple of good link ups between the midfield and forwards.

Columbus is one of the best teams in this league and we are team that was put together last minute let's just wait and see what happens. Great central D. 6'5 and 6'3? Maybe long ball and crosses aren't effective?

Frei seemed a little bit out of place at times and there was an overall lack of urgency in our D.

Why do we always feel the need to head every ball that is in the air? Bring it down and play it to the feet. Lack of strategy change was detrimental but overall I wasn't too angry with the game. Lots of positives to be taken with all the negatives. Shady calls happen and bad bounces happen, we have to turn it around play with the same intensity and get some players back from injury.

More excited for the home opener now than ever before.

Heads up boys! Still 29 games to play!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    These boards are super negative. I actually liked what I saw from the team. (Aside from Garcia and a some minor things.)

We kept our shape for the most part. Almost scored a few times.

White shooting with his left in a positive way is a great thing for this team to come. A couple of good link ups between the midfield and forwards.

Columbus is one of the best teams in this league and we are team that was put together last minute let's just wait and see what happens. Great central D. 6'5 and 6'3? Maybe long ball and crosses aren't effective?

Frei seemed a little bit out of place at times and there was an overall lack of urgency in our D.

Why do we always feel the need to head every ball that is in the air? Bring it down and play it to the feet. Lack of strategy change was detrimental but overall I wasn't too angry with the game. Lots of positives to be taken with all the negatives. Shady calls happen and bad bounces happen, we have to turn it around play with the same intensity and get some players back from injury.

More excited for the home opener now than ever before.

Heads up boys! Still 29 games to play!
    Who let this positve guy in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEY View Post
    I'm sorry, I'll show myself out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to regret buying MatchDayLive. The quality is great but really it just lets me see TFC most up more clearly. Garcia is absolute garbage, as was the rest of the defense this game.

I'm hoping that they can come together with some more time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL just messing with you dude...negativity is the norm around here when somebody comes in and posts something positive there tends to be some confusion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, this wasn't a bad game for TFC. Sure they lost, but they look so much better compare to the past. TFC needs to polish off few things and get rid of Garcia out of starting line up.

Depending who TFC gets in summer time, we might actually make it to the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEY View Post

thankyou.. one thing is being positive the other is being totally dissilusional..

Support the team you love does not have to interfere with whats reality.. I will always follow this team but don't tell me to feel good about losing

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    To be honest, this wasn't a bad game for TFC. Sure they lost, but they look so much better compare to the past. TFC needs to polish off few things and get rid of Garcia out of starting line up.

Depending who TFC gets in summer time, we might actually make it to the playoffs.
    They definitely looked much better than they did in the preseason. (CCC)