Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wynne Traded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Because Preki has to retool the roster with very little cap room, I think it'll take about a season (this plus next off season) before we get 'Preki's team'. Esp with new CBA making thing even more difficult to move players.
    very similar to the Leafs situation (minus the GM with a clue), which might be starting to bear fruit if recent results hold up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    this is all great stuff -- its just starting to get exciting---trader mo is in his element

too bad it took so long to settle cba but it is what it is now they can get going
    there should be a CBC drama called "Trader Mo"...SMASH HIT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    From what I heard Preki couldn't stand Wynne as he is defensively useless and couldn't do anything except run fast.
    Took him that long to figure that out??

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    On that note good luck Wynne
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    This is MLS, rebuilding teams can make the playoffs. The difference between first and last (okay, second and second-to-last) isn't that much. Was RSL rebuilding last year?
    RSL didn't throw shit together two days before the MLS season when they had 6 months to properly build a squad.

Edwards deserved to be released after that abortion of a performance in goal at New York.

Stefan Frei forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondaddy View Post
    there should be a CBC drama called "Trader Mo"...SMASH HIT.
    An out of touch with reality series?

MUFC_Niagara

sportsnetsoccer

Looks like MD Nick Labrocca comes to Toronto for Wynne. More movement to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all happening so late in the game because of the CBA...they've been hand-cuffed until recently. Plus...teams were only required to finalize their rosters yesterday (plenty of decent waived players out there). Plus...the league is making an announcement about the DP rule soon. MLSE has money to spend if a second DP doesn't count against your salary cap.

Rumours are all over that players will come in before the first game...this may be the first of many. Who knows? We need to exercise a little patience instead of screaming bloody murder.

Sure, many of the other teams in the league solidified their rosters early in pre-season...and that might explain why TFC did so poorly. They had a ton of trialists because Preki is obviously trying to sort out the problems and deal with them appropriately. He's made a lot of moves that seem to have left the roster bare...but they're probably good moves for the long haul. I don't think we can all argue that dumping the dead weight is a bad thing.

There is a lot that goes on behind the scene that I'm sure most or none of us are aware of. Let's have a little faith...or at least wait a few weeks into the season before we start asking for their heads.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of luck to Marvell.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, welcome to the team Nick Labrocca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know much about this Nick Labrocca?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of luck to both Wynne and Labrocca.

Now... chants for Labrocca? Adopt existing Marvel Wynne one?
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Labrocca (to the tune of My Sharona)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    RSL didn't throw shit together two days before the MLS season when they had 6 months to properly build a squad.

Edwards deserved to be released after that abortion of a performance in goal at New York.

Stefan Frei forever.

That might be one of the most disgusting posts on this board I've seen yet. Did you forget about Edwards looking near tears as he answered questions after that game? About how he and Cronin were the only ones who looked like they gave a fuck? That they were the only ones with the balls to stand there and answer questions? Did you forget about ALL the odd man rushes the Red Bulls had that day? Edwards is a backup goalie, what happened today was one of those things that happens to a backup goalie. But to say he didn't give EVERYTHING he had for the badge. To ignore how well he played for us last year (remember the goalie controversy after he came in and we went on a run?)... disgusting.

Neither may have been world beaters, and we may (hopefully will be) better off without them, but both Marvell and Edwards were nothing but class while here (more than can be said about management or many "fans" apparently) and deserve nothing but our respect and best wishes.

(note: sorry if this comes off harsh, but it PISSES me off when guys who put in work take flack for no reason. If someone isn't working, they deserve every ounce of criticism possible. All I want to see is effort and passion, and these guys gave it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, welcome to the team Nick Labrocca.
    After watching some of his highlights, I got a good feeling about Labrocca. He will be a solid addition to the wing where we really don't have much right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys make me laugh...creating chants for Labrocca already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    I like this one better
    Emergency signing is Rick Titus as he impressed Preki when Chivas played the depleted squad in '08

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Labrocca (to the tune of My Sharona)?

Love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldbeer View Post
    Emergency signing is Rick Titus as he impressed Preki when Chivas played the depleted squad in '08
    Maybe Preki liked DD and he wants to bring him back...now that would be interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    anybody wanna hazard a guess which round?

bueller? bueller?
    it's a third rounder. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper, this looks like a good move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Maybe Preki liked DD and he wants to bring him back...now that would be interesting
    That would be more than interesting! That would be amazing! haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this guy becomes chant-worthy I'll be very happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for bringing Dichio back and him scoring the winner against Philadelphia in our home opener.

Mo obviously shows no loyalty to his players, hence the controversial dumpings of Dichio, Robbo, and Serioux. But to take that perspective seriously, Danny has a concussion history and I'd rather he would enjoy retirement than get thrown in the firing squad that is TFC's roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wynne or Edwards thing ain't bothering me, it's the stay tuned for more moves that's bothering me!

How am I supoosed to get any work done when I'm spending my day checking on this site if there were any more moves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i'm just thinking with all the player movements, more than half or our player specific chants are now obsolete, lol
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    That might be one of the most disgusting posts on this board I've seen yet. Did you forget about Edwards looking near tears as he answered questions after that game? About how he and Cronin were the only ones who looked like they gave a fuck? That they were the only ones with the balls to stand there and answer questions? Did you forget about ALL the odd man rushes the Red Bulls had that day? Edwards is a backup goalie, what happened today was one of those things that happens to a backup goalie. But to say he didn't give EVERYTHING he had for the badge. To ignore how well he played for us last year (remember the goalie controversy after he came in and we went on a run?)... disgusting.

Neither may have been world beaters, and we may (hopefully will be) better off without them, but both Marvell and Edwards were nothing but class while here (more than can be said about management or many "fans" apparently) and deserve nothing but our respect and best wishes.

(note: sorry if this comes off harsh, but it PISSES me off when guys who put in work take flack for no reason. If someone isn't working, they deserve every ounce of criticism possible. All I want to see is effort and passion, and these guys gave it)

AMEN...I'm with you on this one. Edwards gave our team a chance to make the playoffs last year. He came in when Frei was hurt and stood on his head, making a number of incredible game changing saves. He was totally hung out to dry by a crumbling defense in that game against NYRB.

And he played a great 1/2 game against Real Madrid...(as good as one would expect). I think if we gave him a decent shot...he could have been a decent starter. As it stood...he was a very reliable back-up last season.

Edwards deserves a lot better than this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.Reis View Post
    The Wynne or Edwards thing ain't bothering me, it's the stay tuned for more moves that's bothering me!

How am I supoosed to get any work done when I'm spending my day checking on this site if there were any more moves?
    I hear ya there...I can't get any work done especially when more moves are forthcoming.

Jesus, I'm so behind....my phone is ringing off the hook and I'm not even answering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

One game doesnt make a keeper, but 0 saves in the biggest game of the year. Thats not trying

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news...._mls&fext=.jsp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just as I reported last week that we were getting a midfielder. Was iffy on my source but now know that he knows his business.

Apparently this was not a last minute deal either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    One game doesnt make a keeper, but 0 saves in the biggest game of the year. Thats not trying

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news...._mls&fext=.jsp
    that's unfair...the WHOLE TEAM shat the bed in the worst way. Yes there were a few saves he could've made but really the rest of the team just gave up.