Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC still pursuing Saric and Cann

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...-recruits.html

fuuuck, how much could these dudes want?!
    Frightens me to think we might not have em signed by sat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is the most important thing said in the article and is the new boss of this team saying it:

He also asked the local media to rally around TFC and provide more positive coverage of the club, especially at a time like this when the team is low on numbers.
    "You have to have some type of plan and, believe it or not, I do. It doesn't show right now, but we do have a plan," Preki stated. "We're working … and we're trying to get better. The better thing for us [would be] if we could see the city gather around the team.
    "In the short time I've been here, I haven't seen too many positive things around the team. It's a very negative setup around the city in terms of the press and media … [and] unless we get together and stick together — as a city, as an organization here — we're not going to go too far."
    Preki later added: "We have to see more positive things on the press side and obviously a better product [on the field] and we're trying to get that there."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/03/24/sp-mls-torontofc-recruits.html#ixzz0j9cYgpbD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, those last Preki quotes

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So now it's the media's fault? LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

It was painfully obvious watching This Is Football tonight that these boards are being watched constantly and all the negativity is being shared with Mo, Preki and probably the players. Mo made direct reference to some of King Tut's comments on this board for shit sakes! I feel that as the season approaches we try to focus our pent up energy on support for our guys.

See you in Boston...Come on you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the season has not started,and im already sick of the bullshit coming out of preki and mo..just play some good football and shut the fuck up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear preki

i'd love to be positive about TFC, except there is NOTHING to be positive about (well, except grass at BMO Field)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

MUFC_Niagara

What did Mo say about King Tut?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Hey guys,

It was painfully obvious watching This Is Football tonight that these boards are being watched constantly and all the negativity is being shared with Mo, Preki and probably the players. Mo made direct reference to some of King Tut's comments on this board for shit sakes! I feel that as the season approaches we try to focus our pent up energy on support for our guys.

i missed the show...what else did mo say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mo created this negative situation, he needs to suck it up and deal. that's part of the job. does he expect us to be a bunch of blow hard fans? everyone here supports the jersey and the team on the field... off the field, why should we have to cheer for a bumbling front office who does a poor job of communicating?

"come cheer us every weekend! but once the games over run along now and let the grown ups do important stuff.." yeah. right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im still behind preki 100%, i am however still very nervous as Mo is at the helm and we are lacking players, i still look forward to waht Preki offers and we'd better not throw him under the wheel as so many people are quick to do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with this current line-up we're the worst team in the league on paper, so I dont know what he is asking us to be positive about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt say we are the worst team, i would say least prepared and he has to understand that after the last 3 seasons its difficult to stay positive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    What did Mo say about King Tut?
    Nothing. He did say that the stories about Said being offered a contract were false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    im still behind preki 100%, i am however still very nervous as Mo is at the helm and we are lacking players, i still look forward to waht Preki offers and we'd better not throw him under the wheel as so many people are quick to do
    the time for talk (by players, coaches, AND fans) is over.
    we have a real live games starting up and that's where we'll see.
    this has been a very negative offseason (rightly so) but it's time to shut up and see what Preki can do (he says he has a plan).
    the complaining has been heard and more complaining isn't going to make a difference.
    i just hope on game day people can turn that off and support the team for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not out of order to suggest that Said may have had sour grapes and lied...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things could be happening here:

1) Preki could be deflecting attention away from the Mo and the players

or

2) He doesn't quite understand how long TFC has been mismanaged

Either way, if Preki truly believes that the media and fans are a part of the reason why TFC has been unsuccessful, he is headed down a dangerous path. The only thing that the fans and media have done are creating icons out of average players and sustaining the revenue streams for MLSE which has resulted in repetitive oversight on TFC technical management. Anyone who followed this team can see that this is beyond ridiculous to have so few players
    Last edited by DigzTFC!; 03-24-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    the time for talk (by players, coaches, AND fans) is over.
    we have a real live games starting up and that's where we'll see.
    this has been a very negative offseason (rightly so) but it's time to shut up and see what Preki can do (he says he has a plan).
    yep im with you and its hard to see what he can do with a lack of players HA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Two things could be happening here:

1) Preki could be deflecting attention away from the Mo and the players

or

2) He doesn't quite understand how long TFC has been mismanaged

Either way, if he truly believes that the media and fans are a part of the reason why TFC has been unsuccessful he is headed down a dangerous path. The only thing the fans and media have done have idolized average players and sustaining the revenue streams for MLSE resulting in repetitive oversight of how bad this team has been managed.
    I suspect its a matter of number two or hes not willing to speak out against mo as its a matter of unity (although the speculated fight suggests otherwise). Regardless i dont think hes blaming us or the media, hes just asking for a bit of support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will cheer for those players on the field until my balls fall off...
    but that front office is another thing,what a fucking joke.
    they have been looking for a cb and a foward for 2 yrs....wtf
    and we should get excited about cann and sarnic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Toronto Preki - get used to it. But yeah, enough is enough...let's give him the benefit of the doubt and play some football!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt say we are the worst team, i would say least prepared and he has to understand that after the last 3 seasons its difficult to stay positive
    can you name a team who is worse than we are right now?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Nothing. He did say that the stories about Said being offered a contract were false.
    I never said he said it anything about King Tut. He did however reference comments made by him about the Said contract situation. Comments that as far as I know were NEVER reported to the media or even spoken about anywhere other than message boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree let them play...lets talk saturday around 7 pm..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With players?
    sure, San Jose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tend to agree with you about Preki.

I think it's unfair and premature to throw Preki under the bus at this point before the team even plays a regular season game. He deserves a chance to prove what he can do, and that's why I think it's important to reserve judgement on him until then.

From my experiences with him thus far, he strikes me as a standup guy who's working hard to build a team under difficult circumstances (injuries, lack of roster depth).

To be fair to him, I think his comments about the media not backing the team were spoken out of frustration and he did acknowledge that the team does have to get better on the field (his quote in last graph of my story).

John
    http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    can you name a team who is worse than we are right now?

Every team in this league has this record right now 0-0-0.

Let's yell and scream when we have a bad loss to yell about, not now when we are needed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With players?
    sure, San Jose
    I'm not so sure. Opara could be next Omar Gonzalez. Ryan Johnson can put the ball in the net. this Eduardo guy could be a catalyst to their offence. SJ actually has wingers. Joe Cannon can still make miracle saves

at least SJ was proactive and trying to fix their shit

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Hey guys,

I think it is completely ass backwards to assume that the negativity from this board is emanating outwards into the real world and/or the press. It is the opposite that is true. The negative and absolutely poor off-season has led to this negativity on the forums ... not the other way around. To be honest, I'm glad that Mo is reading this board ... it means that he is not oblivious to how little support he has with the fans and will not be gobsmacked if he comes across some hostility in the form of protests or whatever else when the season stats.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose was dead last last year, Ike isnt coming till may and Eduardo is still untested.
    Lets argue about something worthwhile