Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo making Chicago's life hell in negotiating for McBride :)

haha, looks like Chicago is really frustrated with Mo.

"[Toronto] always wants more than one player," Klopas said. "That's difficult from our standpoint. We can't be releasing two or three guys to make this happen. It would hurt the team.

Read the whole article here, very interesting!!

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,4361166.story

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sniff*

That's beautiful man.

Give 'em hell Mo!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Mo needs to understand it's about doing the right thing," Klopas said. "Someone who has had a great career wants to finish in his hometown. He has to understand that."
    What? What does Mo care about doing the right thing for Chicago! And what does he owe McBride?

Even moreso now, I hope Mo puts the screws to the Fire and makes them pay through the nose.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    *sniff*

That's beautiful man.

Give 'em hell Mo!

Yes, so beautiful...*sniff*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Mo needs to understand it's about doing the right thing," Klopas said. "Someone who has had a great career wants to finish in his hometown. He has to understand that."

Has Johnston been unreasonable during trade talks?

"I think so," Klopas said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH TRADER MO STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fire can lick my wang. This isn't charity. It's business and Mo is playing the game they way it's supposed to be played.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it! What the fuck does Shitcago think - Of course we want to make their team weaker...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? What does Mo care about doing the right thing for Chicago! And what does he owe McBride?

Even moreso now, I hope Mo puts the screws to the Fire and makes them pay through the nose.
    HAHA, exactly what I was thinking when I read the article. The bitch sounds like a winer who wants to call his mommy because Mo ain't playing fair.

I just hope the league doesn't intervene and I hope they let Mo continue with his negotiations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see.
    STICK IT TO EM MO!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I love it! What the fuck does Shitcago think - Of course we want to make their team weaker...
    Especially since we are looking to stay ahead of them for the Superliga spot. That's money in the bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh well maybe we should trade the rights to one of the best American scorers of all-time for a 3rd round draft pick, that would be the right thing to do..... NOT
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I just hope the league doesn't intervene and I hope they let Mo continue with his negotiations.
    Unfortunately, a very real possibility. MLS has shown to be willing to step in and force teams to do things that don't benefit them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, a very real possibility. MLS has shown to be willing to step in and force teams to do things that don't benefit them.
    Yeah, lets hope that Mo doesnt demand too much and its a whole lot of Klopas crying here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a deadline of sorts where our rights to him expire? Can we just hold onto the rights until the trade deadline so they don't get to have him for the next two months?
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially since we are looking to stay ahead of them for the Superliga spot. That's money in the bank.
    How much does the team get just for getting into the Superliga?

Not to mention at-least-somewhat-mad attention from Mexico -- hopefully.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL de DICHIOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another question would be why does the article say july 15th again???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuckn have him mo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    another question would be why does the article say july 15th again???
    Man I'm too confused about that one. The only thing I can think of is there are different dates based on whether the international player is currently signed or not? I don't know, just guessing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Mo's a big bad bully... You want the cunt, you pay for him. end of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is completely rediculous.

The league didn't save the Rapids from giving up their DP slot simply to acquire the "rights" to sign Christian Gomez.

The league should stop playing favorites where they see fit and expect clubs to use the full confines of the rules.

Otherwise, change the rules no a non-insane system where you can actually sign players that are available as opposed to this artifical crap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Which is completely rediculous.

The league didn't save the Rapids from giving up their DP slot simply to acquire the "rights" to sign Christian Gomez.

The league should stop playing favorites where they see fit and expect clubs to use the full confines of the rules.

Otherwise, change the rules no a non-insane system where you can actually sign players that are available as opposed to this artifical crap.
    Yep, lets hope a) that its not an issue and b) if it is that these types of points are brought up. Im willing to bet Mo would make it public if that were the case... GO GET EM MO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he doesn't wanna give Mo more than one player then give us Blanco. No other player on their roster is worth a straight swap for McBride. If he isn't willing to do so, Klopas should drink a tall glass of STFU.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's worth quoting again..^^^of course, it's his job afterall...
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps Chicago is using the media to try to put pressure on MLS to break their own rules... this is a weird league.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a whinny bitch Klopas is....boo fucking hoo. He thought Mo would trade McBride to a conference rival with one point difference in the standings for nothing?

But we don't want to weaken the team....FUCK YOU. If McBride retires thats better for us. This isn't a soup kitchen you pansy, this is professional sports. Just because things don't go your way doesn't mean you cry to the press for the sympathy vote. We worked damn hard to be in last place last year and now we're reaping the rewards.

Take what you can, give nothing back

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..just a thought...but if MLS screws us (and their own rules) on this McBride thing..the so called "All-Star game" would be an opportunity for us to let them know what we think of them in some way...of course only if the unthinkable happens
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    is there a deadline of sorts where our rights to him expire? Can we just hold onto the rights until the trade deadline so they don't get to have him for the next two months?
    We hold the top allocation until the end of the season. The top allocation then goes to the last place team. (or maybe seattle since they are new?)

waaa waaa. Get stuffed.

That's rich coming from a team that won't let Conde go to the Red Bulls to play for the coach that signed him. They would rather force him to sit on the bench and pay his salary than let him play elsewhere out of spite.

I can't see the MLS being able to step in and force a settlement. It was easier when there were only a few owners but now with so many owners, nobody is going to want to solidify a team's chances for the cup etc. without giving up something of value.

I have a feeling that the reason why Mo is changing demands for players is because other teams want what Chicago has and Mo has a few 3 way trades up his sleeve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The league will push this through only if it comes to an impass. The reason Mo has to change the deal so often is the amount of senior positions being used and international spots. We have to make more moves than just McBride and I don't think the Fire quite grasp that like Klopas doesn't understand how to be a fucking man.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS will have to take care not to step in carelessly and upset the supporters. We have real, diehard fans in Toronto, not soccer moms like in Dallas. Armtwist Mo into a bad deal, and all supporters groups will make sure the MLS hears from Toronto fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS would not live it down and hopefully this can lead the way for them to stop fucking with other teams. Its not fair to anyone to change the rules.