Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane10 View Post
    OBW is a good prospect but we need a solid, experienced striker. He just isn't good enough as a starter. We need someone skilled who can score a goal every game, maybe from the EPL. Our lack of finishing is killing us.
    You are right, and EPL strikers are so easy to get, too, especially to play in MLS...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's going on with Said? Are we signing him or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    what's going on with Said? Are we signing him or not?
    He's on the bench.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S224 View Post
    You are right, and EPL strikers are so easy to get, too, especially to play in MLS...
    is this where Dickov steps in?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lucky miss by RSL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus. RSL can't finish but defence wake up
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldbeer View Post
    He's on the bench.
    Interesting. Is there any news at all on what the status is with him? Contract negotiations? Impressing Preki in training? I've been fairly out of the loop on this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know your team's serious when you're sponsored by "Piggly Wiggly"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is kocic still with tfc?anyone know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attakora seems very strong. His passes are very accurate and he has good vision.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

better use of long ball than typical punt and pray type

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane10 View Post
    Attakora seems very strong. His passes are very accurate and he has good vision.
    and he's not even done developing. tfc losing attakora is going to hurt, though i can see him in europe in few years

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    better use of long ball than typical punt and pray type
    Yes and for the first time in three years there is actually signs of intelligent runs off the ball rather than a bunch of chickens making linear runs up and down the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

super stefan frei!

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ref is pretty lenient, but he's been ok consistenty lenient on tough challenges

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yes and for the first time in three years there is actually signs of intelligent runs off the ball rather than a bunch of chickens making linear runs up and down the field.
    god i hope preki knows something about off the ball movements, or else he would have been a lousy winger lol

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good dig by harden. he's not flashy but he'll do (well compared to Velez anyways lol)

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have we honestly gotten four passes together yet?
    fuck me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah. that was an ok run by attakora but he should know he can't beat guys one on one...

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

half time. defence needs to wake up but there are a lot of little things that are positive. just need to put all the good stuff together and we might see a goal lol

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a good start it got pretty sloppy.

Not buying into this backline being a keeper.

OBW is ok, but he's way too slow up there. Gotta starting hitting his team with better return passes as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good first half in terms of organization, movement...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question: where is Wynn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kocic is gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzXiyCpwj4

David Bowie with your halftime song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The boys don't look that bad today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best I've seen in pre season...still v little attacking threat, mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually watchable today, TFC's still looking wanting at forward. Was OBW this slow in college, or is it a product of his knee injury?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmikey View Post
    Kristian Jack had a good theory about that during the thursday Footy Show podcast. Mo brings him in, realizes by the time he gets here that there is no way in hell he can afford to actually sign a guy with his pedigree given the massive issues with our cap room (dude isn't going to be on a Gambian type contract) and so there is not much point in playing him except as an extra piece.

Of course I hope he is dead wrong, and they are just super sold on him already. Still makes no sense though, preseason should be about stabilizing the team, not a freakin tryout. I know i know... this is TFC we are talking about.

Maybe now there is an established cap we will get some clarity.
    well i suppose that would explain it, though it would be a pretty damning indictment of mo's talents. Shouldn't he have an idea of how much he'll cost and how much room he'll have.

was he just hoping to have all or robbo's cap space become available? Is that why gerba's sent back home, force one guy out to be able to bring another in, like with dichio and de guzman?

If he's not going to be signed, why dick him around like this? Pre season should be for experimenting, but in your last pre season game, you should be having your first choice team out there to get the chemistry going, if gala and garcia are part of the first choice team, we're in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half time notes:

- Gala started well but faded as the half went on. As this point, he looks like a better option to come off the bench for the last 30 minutes or so. I'm curious to see how he turns out since he's been here since year 1 but hardly plays. How has he stuck around so long but not played?
    - I think I understand what TFC's main problem is and has been: composure. TFC has always been a lousy passing team and that's because they always seem so rushed. This applies in front of goal too.
    - An obvious one: why is Garcia still playing at all? However, the fact that he plays so much may mean Preki thinks he can do something useful with him. Too optimistic? Maybe, but it's a good thing to hope for.
    - DeGuzman looks very good and keeps the ball well (a good thing given our lack of composure and sub-par passing) and I think a full pre-season will bring him to his best.
    - Solution to fix scoring woes: our strikers are not the type to go 1-on-1 with defenders and unleash a good shot. The midfield needs to push forward and deliver that one ball that allows the strikers to put it in the net.
    - Puzzled why Said isn't playing more, and when he does, he's out of position. That's TFC-itis for you.
    Last edited by Lucky Strike; 03-20-2010 at 05:04 PM.