Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Serioux Move

06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yet another master move by mo. so we basically traded a useful first round pick for a useless third.

olegunnar

I thought he had a career ending injury, and had to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god...I think I am going to throw up...

Is this another guy that did not want to be here Mo ???...WHAT THE F IS GOING ON

We lose a back and we are already short at least 2...we still have Garcia on the roster...we trade Serioux for a 3rd round pick vs the first pick we acquired him for...we are paying for salaries of players who are not here...I AM STARTING TO GET FING ENRAGED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this deserves a GIANT

hell, make it 2

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    I thought he had a career ending injury, and had to retire.
    Yeah, I half believed it. Don't drink the Mo...

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad he is gone. It's not like we needed a defender or anything!

(For those of you who are not internet-literate, that was dripping with sarcasm...)

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Yeah, I half believed it. Don't drink the Mo...
    I think I'm going to try and keep a list of the lines we're fed...it's getting to the point that it's actually pretty funny.

1) Dichio is too old and frail to fly....that's my personal favourite
    2) Robbo wants to move his family again (for a year max and then have to move again) just so he can try out for a job (no extra compensation, since he was going to get paid his guarenteed money anyways)....I mean Robbo wants to be traded.
    3) Serioux has to retire because of a career ending injury.

Did I forget any?

I wonder, given the fact that it's obvious we're not being told the truth all of the time... if there is more of a backstory on
    Eskandarian
    Casey
    Harmse
    etc. etc.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is... yesterday's news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are u guys planning to do something on opening day in the stands as a thank-you for some of the guys like Robbo, Serioux or Amado?

Just wondering cuz you guys showed off your class with the Dichio banner. I think it would be understandable if it didn't go to that extent with those 3 guys as it did with Dichio but i was just wondering if any talk/ideas have come up.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.Reis View Post
    Are u guys planning to do something on opening day in the stands as a thank-you for some of the guys like Robbo, Serioux or Amado?

Just wondering cuz you guys showed off your class with the Dichio banner. I think it would be understandable if it didn't go to that extent with those 3 guys as it did with Dichio but i was just wondering if any talk/ideas have come up.

To be honest I think we would be looking at doing something when the actual traded / dumped players make their way back to BMO during the season.

It would be more appropriate to do something at that point.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to try and keep a list of the lines we're fed...it's getting to the point that it's actually pretty funny.

2) Robbo wants to move his family again (for a year max and then have to move again) just so he can try out for a job (no extra compensation, since he was going to get paid his guarenteed money anyways)....I mean Robbo wants to be traded.

Did I forget any?

I wonder, given the fact that it's obvious we're not being told the truth all of the time... if there is more of a backstory on
    Eskandarian
    Casey
    Harmse
    etc. etc.
    Not defending Mo in any way, but lines 2 and 3 did not come from anyone at the club.

If we're going to get mad, let's at least get our facts straight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    To be honest I think we would be looking at doing something when the actual traded / dumped players make their way back to BMO during the season.

It would be more appropriate to do something at that point.
    Good thinking!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I forget any?

Eskandarian
    Casey
    Harmse
    etc. etc.
    Remember when Carver left because MLS wouldn't let him sit upstairs to watch the game? That was a good one.

As for Serioux. yesterday's news, but still makes me angry. Robbo was handled wrong, but we didn't really need him any more, so fair enough it had to be done.

Serioux though, a defender, yep we need them. Canadian, yep we need them. Good player, he certainly was last year until he got injured/played at left back. Really doesn't make sense why we'd not re-sign him and let him go for a third round pick.

Ah well, thanks Adrian for the effort you put in playing through your injuries last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what went on here, but this is seriousxly a major FUCK UP by MO. This guy brought heart, passion, grittiness to our team. I honestly couldn't be more angry at this pathetic organization. I thought I was mad when they pulled the Real Madrid crap, now I'm just getting ready to throw in the towel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post
    This is... yesterday's news.
    It may be yesterday's news, but its official today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just goes to show that if you want breaking news on matters TFC, THIS site is where to get it as we were discussingthis early in the week if not last week. Waiting for Pravda/aka TFC official s(h)ite leaves you days behind what is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

torontofc.ca headline: ``reds add draft pick for Serioux``. That`s quite the amazing 3rd round draft pick we added after giving up our first rounder last year.

Add it to the list! epic fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I have no idea what went on here, but this is seriousxly a major FUCK UP by MO. This guy brought heart, passion, grittiness to our team. I honestly couldn't be more angry at this pathetic organization. I thought I was mad when they pulled the Real Madrid crap, now I'm just getting ready to throw in the towel.
    From what I've heard (from It's Called Football, maybe) was that Preki wanted him out, not so much Mo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Serioux ends up not playing, then this is a good deal. Though it remains to be seen why Houston would take his contract if this was the case.

If he does play minutes for Houston, then this is just the latest "what the fuck?" moment from Mo Johnston and company.

I suppose the other option is that Preki told Mo to get rid of him. If that's the case, I sincerely hope there are additional signings coming down the pipe. It'd be nice to see a TFC coach assert his own fingerprint on the team's roster, but there better be a plan in place.

At any rate, I'm not pissed off about this move yet. I'd like to see how this all plays out.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    torontofc.ca headline: ``reds add draft pick for Serioux``. That`s quite the amazing 3rd round draft pick we added after giving up our first rounder last year.

Add it to the list! epic fail.
    True headline > "Reds swap first round pick for third round pick"

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I Serioux ends up not playing, then this is a good deal. Though it remains to be seen why Houston would take his contract if this was the case.

If he does play minutes for Houston, then this is just the latest "what the fuck?" moment from Mo Johnston and company.

I suppose the other option is that Preki told Mo to get rid of him. If that's the case, I sincerely hope there are additional signings coming down the pipe. It'd be nice to see a TFC coach assert his own fingerprint on the team's roster, but there better be a plan in place.

At any rate, I'm not pissed off about this move yet. I'd like to see how this all plays out.

- Scott
    If Caan and Said sign and prove to be better than Serioux....master stroke. But, why not sign them all and 3 viable options at CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guajiro View Post
    From what I've heard (from It's Called Football, maybe) was that Preki wanted him out, not so much Mo.
    Maybe Preki did want him out, but from what I've been hearing from pretty damn reliable sources, Robbo wanted out and it wasn't because of Preki.

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Maybe Preki did want him out, but from what I've been hearing from pretty damn reliable sources, Robbo wanted out and it wasn't because of Preki.
    If by reliable you mean Robbo himself (like I did), then you are correct sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !!
    He was one of the better defenders last year (minus the unnecessary roughness sometimes).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    If Caan and Said sign and prove to be better than Serioux....master stroke. But, why not sign them all and 3 viable options at CB.
    Cap issues I imagine is the answer. Serioux was very well paid by MLS standards, and if Preki didn't think he was the right man for the job, or if he plans on bringing in one or two CB's of his choosing, then trading Serioux makes sense.

The big caveat there, is assuming that at least one other defender is on the way. I have to believe that is going to happen - either in the form of a trialist with experience, or a signing from elsewhere. We simply can't go into the MLS season with so few players.

I don't trust Mo, but I certainly trust that Preki has some sort of plan.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

MUFC_Niagara

And let me be clear. I am not pissed that Robbo and Serioux were moved. I realize this is a business and that you need to be ruthless sometimes, meaning sometimes good people will be sacrificed. However, there is a difference bewteen ruthless and being an asshole with terrible people management skills. Mo fills the latter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Jason de Vos just said today in a CBC Sports chat session, that Robbo didn't want to leave Toronto.

- Scott

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    And let me be clear. I am not pissed that Robbo and Serioux were moved. I realize this is a business and that you need to be ruthless sometimes, meaning sometimes good people will be sacrificed. However, there is a difference bewteen ruthless and being an asshole with terrible people management skills. Mo fills the latter.
    I agree, and I said as much last week.

I get the need to move guys, even "fan favourites", for various reasons - a good offer comes along, or you need cap relief, or whatever.

But shipping him off in the middle of the night and not even announcing the move until well after the fact? Terrible.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Jason de Vos just said today in a CBC Sports chat session, that Robbo didn't want to leave Toronto.

- Scott

I said that before. He didn't want to leave Toronto, he didn't want to leave the Team or the Fans. He wanted out because of one person. There are underlying issues that I'm sure Robbo didn't want to discuss on air, because unlike some people at the club, Robbo has class.