Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. I'll see if I can dig up the one article I read not too long ago...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I choose to concentrate on the good news of the day.

Maingly the 6 foot Amazonian they have as a SSG today. I loves me some tall girls baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Maingly the 6 foot Amazonian they have as a SSG today. I loves me some tall girls baby!

Wow, yeah, Amazonian, nice.

As for Robbo, between the two teams he's getting his whole salary, right? People here were talking about asking him to take a pay cut, weren't they? So for him this is better than that, isn't it?

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I'm going based off what I've read, and heard from a few people. I heard last year that he wasn't happy and wanted out, but it could all be bullshit, who knows.
    But why did he want out? He loved the city, loved the supporters, loved the team....what was it? The same common denominator in all the players that get screwed. Mo.

MO. OUT. NOW.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was Paul B. Nobody likes Paul B.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    As for Robbo, between the two teams he's getting his whole salary, right? People here were talking about asking him to take a pay cut, weren't they? So for him this is better than that, isn't it?
    It appears now the 'paycut' Robinson took previously was another TFC PR stunt. It was so marginal that it was almost negligible.

Robinson was on a guaranteed contract for this season, so I'm not sure if they were trying to renegotiate it again. And yes, he will get all his money.

Obviously I have no proof of this, but the way I read the situation, management told Robinson he wasn't wanted anymore. They probably tried hard to work out some kind of deal where TFC wasn't stuck with his contract on their cap. Finally we get this NYRB trade. And then we get this 'Robinson wanted out' spin to help soften the blow. But it still reeks, imo.

When I pictured Robinson leaving, I always imagined he'd go back home and play in Wales (or England).
    Last edited by menefreghista; 03-12-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well either way you look at this team is in a shambles. In Mo's defense, he may have just gone out and got the players the coaches wanted, but considering his coach selection has been terrible, it all reflects back on him.

I just wish it wasn't going to take a season to get out of all these bad contracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounders lost to Timbers last night 1-0... what, they couldn't score against a USL team at home?
    Ty Marshall screwed up and gave up the Timbers goal.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I am in full agreement.
    She is a fine SSG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Sounders lost to Timbers last night 1-0... what, they couldn't score against a USL team at home?
    Ty Marshall screwed up and gave up the Timbers goal.
    USL is a lot better than CSL. In comparing I'd say that MLS is Prem, USL is the Championship, and the CSL is not League 1, but League 2. But poor result just the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    USL is a lot better than CSL. In comparing I'd say that MLS is Prem, USL is the Championship, and the CSL is not League 1, but League 2. But poor result just the same.
    ya... I'm just being sarcastic... cuz TFC has lost to USL teams before at home and everyone goes mental ... "OHHHH, the USL team beat us!!! We should always beat a USL team!!!"

apparently the Timbers had only played 1 game together before yesterday too..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry frustrated words go here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

Maybe turn it into a reality show? "Be Toronto's Next TOP CENTER"
    Bet they could find better talent than TFC currently can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya... I'm just being sarcastic... cuz TFC has lost to USL teams before at home and everyone goes mental ... "OHHHH, the USL team beat us!!! We should always beat a USL team!!!"

apparently the Timbers had only played 1 game together before yesterday too..
    The USL is quite close to the MLS, so it's not so shocking. USL teams routinely beat MLS teams - even in competitive matches. It's just another piece of evidence that we need to seriously upgrade the quality of our league - and fast. It's hard to argue that we have the best league in the country if USL teams are beating us - in friendlies or not.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second that!!!
    Get rid of Mo ASAP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGT View Post
    I now firmly believe that MO MUST GO!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update - MLS CBA

Check it out...

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=313501

This would really suck...big time.

As KD would say...

Quit crapping the bed, get your shite together and make it happen...

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already posted in today's news ,it is same article just different websites.I will merge this thread with other one.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this and its not as doom and gloom as the players state:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soc...ctiv.html#more

In response to comments made by players after the labor negotiations in Washington this week, MLS President Mark Abbott told the Insider on Thursday that "the meetings were productive and we have scheduled a number of additional meetings. While I can't discuss what takes place across the bargaining table, I can say that the players' comments do not accurately reflect the proposals that we have made to address the players' concerns or the productive nature of the discussions between MLS and the union."

There's more.....

Abbott also said: "We have an understanding with both the union and the mediator that we will not publicly discuss what takes place during these bargaining sessions. As such, we were disappointed to see comments from a number of players characterizing the status of the negotiations and the possibility of a strike."

Abbott declined to comment any further.

While mediation is ongoing, the league cannot lock out the players and the players cannot strike. So in order to strike, the players would have to reject the continuation of mediation. The sides are scheduled to meet again with the mediator next week in Washington
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    All organizations take on the personality of their leader, so MLSE has the personality of.....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    Found this and its not as doom and gloom as the players state:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soc...ctiv.html#more
    Yeah I posted something similar in the "Players vote to strike thread".

It sucks, but it appears it's not as dire as it appears. This is coming from guys like Ives and Goff who have their ear to the ground in regards to MLS news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Vos on Robo wanting out of Toronto:

"Robbo did not want to leave Toronto. It's a question of who you believe. Let me put it this way: if a player bad-mouths his former team, it always comes across as sour grapes. Sometimes when you are a player and you feel you have been treated poorly, you have to bite your tongue and keep quiet, because no matter what you say, it will never come out the way you intend it to. As much as everyone would love to get Robbo's side of the story, he is too classy an individual to start slinging mud."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifa...ccer-chat.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course he didn't want to leave Toronto, he wanted to get away from a certain person...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    You'd think that if Mo was going to dig us such a big hole in terms of contracts and cap space, we would have had a lot more to show for it over the last 2 seasons.
    The good times are over???
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The USL is quite close to the MLS, so it's not so shocking. USL teams routinely beat MLS teams - even in competitive matches. It's just another piece of evidence that we need to seriously upgrade the quality of our league - and fast. It's hard to argue that we have the best league in the country if USL teams are beating us - in friendlies or not.
    you need to post that opinion the next time TFC loses to a USL team. Cuz I don't remember this kind of intelligent comment on the board when that's happened in the past. When TFC loses to a USL team it's a "disgrace" according to some.
    Last edited by rocker; 03-12-2010 at 05:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    De Vos on Robo wanting out of Toronto:

"Robbo did not want to leave Toronto. It's a question of who you believe. Let me put it this way: if a player bad-mouths his former team, it always comes across as sour grapes. Sometimes when you are a player and you feel you have been treated poorly, you have to bite your tongue and keep quiet, because no matter what you say, it will never come out the way you intend it to. As much as everyone would love to get Robbo's side of the story, he is too classy an individual to start slinging mud."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifa...ccer-chat.html
    Everyone knows that the locker room was divided at the end of the season (even the players admitted it).

Funny that the people who tended to be on Dichio's side during the mess of last season also tend to be the ones that are no longer with the club.

If I were Robbo, I'd want out if I was told I wasn't wanted around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Of course he didn't want to leave Toronto, he wanted to get away from a certain person...
    I think it's more a case of a certain person wanting him out of the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Everyone knows that the locker room was divided at the end of the season (even the players admitted it).

Funny that the people who tended to be on Dichio's side during the mess of last season also tend to be the ones that are no longer with the club.

If I were Robbo, I'd want out if I was told I wasn't wanted around anymore.
    Pablo Vitti was on Dichio and Robbo's side?!?!?!?
    Not sure that's a bad thing in the end

The fact is that most of the guys gone were making either too much money and not performing enough or they were getting up there in age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need to post that opinion the next time TFC loses to a USL team. Cuz I don't remember this kind of intelligent comment on the board when that's happened in the past. When TFC loses to a USL team it's a "disgrace" according to some.
    It's definitely not a disgrace. However, having said that, I'll still be pissed off if we don't beat Charleston. Why? Because I will always want the best from my team. Always! Never second best. Never poor excuses (0-0 against a CSL team? I mean, wtf?). The best - period! And besides, an MLS team SHOULD be able to beat a USL team. We have ALL the advantages. And if we can't beat them then it's quite frankly because the players didn't play up to standard, and the coach failed tactically. No excuses - just go out there and win the game. We have a 2.5 million dollar salary, a DP who played in La Liga, and world class facilities. What do Charleston have? Fuck no - I won't accept anything other than a win. Bring the "winning mentality" like De Guzman said. Prove to everyone that there's a difference between USL and MLS.

But no, definitely not a disgrace to lose to a USL team. Very disappointing, yes. But not a disgrace. 0-0 against a CSL team, however, is a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely not a disgrace. However, having said that, I'll still be pissed off if we don't beat Charleston. Why? Because I will always want the best from my team. Always! Never second best. Never poor excuses (0-0 against a CSL team? I mean, wtf?). The best - period! And besides, an MLS team SHOULD be able to beat a USL team. We have ALL the advantages. And if we can't beat them then it's quite frankly because the players didn't play up to standard, and the coach failed tactically. No excuses - just go out there and win the game. We have a 2.5 million dollar salary, a DP who played in La Liga, and world class facilities. What do Charleston have? Fuck no - I won't accept anything other than a win. Bring the "winning mentality" like De Guzman said. Prove to everyone that there's a difference between USL and MLS.

But no, definitely not a disgrace to lose to a USL team. Very disappointing, yes. But not a disgrace. 0-0 against a CSL team, however, is a disgrace.
    yes, I never want to see TFC lose to anybody, but I do recognize that teams don't go a season without losing and the great thing about sport is that sometimes the little guys fight hard and lay a beating down on the big boys. It sucks if yer a fan of the big boys, but if sport becomes so predictable that the perceived favourites always win, then it would become boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, I never want to see TFC lose to anybody, but I do recognize that teams don't go a season without losing and the great thing about sport is that sometimes the little guys fight hard and lay a beating down on the big boys. It sucks if yer a fan of the big boys, but if sport becomes so predictable that the perceived favourites always win, then it would become boring.
    I absolutely agree. It makes for great surprises - something that is lacking in the MLS due to the parity. USL teams will play at the very best of their ability when they face an MLS team, and at times that's enough to topple the arrogance of the often under-performing MLS teams.

Speaking of salary cap. I found this article that makes a guess (educated, I hope) on the salary of the Portland Timbers:
    http://timbers.theoffside.com/player...uestimate.html

They estimate the total salary of the Portland Timbers team to be around half a million bucks per year. So De Guzman is making double the total salary of the entire Portland team. I would gather the salary is the same at Charleston Battery. So, let's not forgot tomorrow, that we're facing a team with around (or less) than 1/5th in salary of our team. Add to that our FAR superior staff and facilities. And finally, add to that the far greater number of media/fans expecting a result from TFC. You'd think this difference would be obvious on the field - and in the result as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charleston is a USL-2 team this year. They "self-relegated" during the whole NASL vs. USL kerfuffle, and as such shouldn't come close to Portland (or other USSF Div. 2 teams) in terms of wages.