Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gerba Released

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Cunny earns around 200 or so i believe. I think you are right we do have probably close to 300k in space. While we don't want to leave it idle, maybe we've got some signings in the works or ideas how to fill it.

We could pay him 300k, but i honestly believe we could get away with starting him out for less.
    Yeah, I admittedly dont know a whole lot about MLS salaries, but after reading how he originally wanted 300k, I wasnt sure if his stock had risen, fallen, or stayed the same since then. Either way, maybe it's my patriotic side coming out, or my frustration with Cunny reaching the breaking point, I'd just love to see him in a TFC uniform.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Remember that a DP counts for $200k against the salary cap for the half-season.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    36 goals in 100+ USL games through 2005 and then 13 goals in 50+ games in Scandanavia/lower tier Germany are not exactly stellar numbers. Saw him play in person in the friendly game versus Costa Rica and he looked good. Would be nice to get him on the team for depth, but to be honest Samuel seemed similar but more talented.
    That's scary but probably true. Gerba is not good enough to lead us upfront, period. He probably wouldn't be better than Cunny, who may only score one-in-six attempts but still has had a stellar scoring career compared to Gerba.

Gerba spent most of this season with Ingolstadt's reserve team, which plays in the regional semi-pro league, and he wasn't very effective there, either. I'm all for bringing in Canadians, but he's not the level of quality we should be looking for. We need a natural finisher, not an occasional poacher.