Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gerba Released

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gerba Released

The Canadian Ali Gerba will no longer play a role (with the club). The contract of the Canadian international was not extended. Gartner (FCI Sports Director) "The decision was very difficult to make but we are searching for a different type of striker."

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2bundesliga/startseite/artikel/207419/

I want him on TFC. I think he would would be a potent scorer in this league. If we can manage to get him and a DP and lose Cunny, I will be a happy man.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice to see him here,he is probably better than Cunny.
    26 years old,a least bring him to tryouts Mo.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be time to give him a go. I can't speak for his club play but Gerba's scored as much for Canada this year as Cunny has for TFC. And Gerba may improve with age whereas Cunny is almost ready to call it a career...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have seen of him, he is way better then cunnigham, and is just shy of the quality needed to play in Europe, so he he would be a got target for the MLS.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    From what I have seen of him, he is way better then cunnigham, and is just shy of the quality needed to play in Europe, so he he would be a got target for the MLS.
    i doubt he is better the cuny...cunny has been getting a rough ride on these boards...none of them deserved...hea a great player and we need him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    i doubt he is better the cuny...cunny has been getting a rough ride on these boards...none of them deserved...hea a great player and we need him.
    Are you crazy?! Gerba not better than Cunny?!
    Gerba= regularly plays on the national squad. Cunny?
    Besides in the few times I've seen Gerba play, he doesn't stand around, esp. on penalty kicks...
    I like Cunny as a videographer. lol Maybe we could trade CV2 and keep Cunny for TFC tv.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Are you crazy?! Gerba not better than Cunny?!
    Gerba= regularly plays on the national squad. Cunny?
    Besides in the few times I've seen Gerba play, he doesn't stand around, esp. on penalty kicks...
    I like Cunny as a videographer. lol Maybe we could trade CV2 and keep Cunny for TFC tv.

but Gerba is only the Canadian national team...its not like were talking brazil here, Canada takes anyone who can kick a ball. Cunny has 99 league goals,Gerba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but Gerba is only the Canadian national team...its not like were talking brazil here, Canada takes anyone who can kick a ball. Cunny has 99 league goals,Gerba?
    Gerba is also younger and has more international goals than Cunny if you want to spin it that way.
    Also ofcoarse Gerba has 0 league goals, he hasn't played in MLS.

Lastly, Cunny seems to be out only forhimself and not the team. I think that was quite obvious during his interview on TFC TV. If the cap was higher, sure it would be nice to have both, but the reality is it's not at the moment.

I don't think Gerba is DP material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gerba is a better solution at present than Cunny. Cunny played with the most amount of fire that we've seen all season against the rapids because he wanted 100. He didn't get it and missed some absolute sitters with the head. Gerba is better now. I can't compare their early careers because I didn't follow MLS. How anyone could think Cunny is good and watch all his games is really beyond me. He plays like U-12. Everytime someone passes it he runs straight and hopes it gets past defenders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canada doesnt take anyone who can kick a ball, dont be an idiot and insult your national team.

Obviously Gerba has no goals, he's never played in the league! Ugh. Cristiano Ronaldo has 0 league goals, whereas Cunny has 99. Using your logic Cunny is better player.

You dont watch the games do you? Anyone who does, sees that Cunny is no good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Cunny, and I have not been giving him a hard time, but from what I have seen Gerba is better, he is quicker at taking a shot, he has a better shot, and is stronger positionaly an physicaly then Cunny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say do it up!
    But is he DP $$$ worthy?
    That's the question...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not DP worthy but he deserves a good offer. More team Canada playing together please!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Not DP worthy but he deserves a good offer. More team Canada playing together please!

its canada national team...not the team canada crap thats for the hockey losers

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its canada national team...not the team canada crap thats for the hockey losers
    Dont be a fucking prick. It doesnt matter what he calls them, ignorant asshole.

LOL wow, that post explains everything. You're retarded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a link to his wiki page, for those interested. For the most part he has had a good strike rate evrywere he has played. But he has always played in relatively weak leagues. In Sweden, he was with a top club, but while Sweden has some great players few play in Sweden, and hence it is not the strongest of leagues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Gerba

Still I have seen him play and I think he would be a quality striker in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see him here.
    No harm in extending a trail offer to him.
    Trade Cunny for $$$ and then sign Gerba for the same price virtually?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very much the sort of player we should look at, even if it' for depth on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does he keep playing so few games at many different teams?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he gets over-hyped. Then once he's on the field, the teams realize he's not as good as they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    why does he keep playing so few games at many different teams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets just say he is definetely on the TFC radar. Nick Dasovic has been working with him for the last 3 weeks, watching him net two against St.Vinny. How good was that hire by Mo? How good are our drafts? Mo is the man. Daryl Roberts, Joseph Lapira...guys that may not make it in Europe's highlest level, but might develop into guys for MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say im skeptical but the fact he performs consistently for Canada does make you turn your head. Give him a trial and let Mo and JC decide. They do know whats best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say ill be a little bit surprised if he doesnt turn up for a trial (unless of course hes headed to another team in Europe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is he wants to make it in europe. He's tried enough times that he looks determined. I really think he would do well in this league. What people keep overlooking is the hardship North American players have in making it. Clubs prefer europeans. In europe, if you mess up, you are gone, especailly if you are foreign. Look what happened to Rohan Ricketts and he's british. Its easy to get cut. I think he has a lot of promise. He's 25. Lets try that again 25. Full international. Scores in bunches. Poacher. He would be way more effective than Cunny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way in hell he is DP money. I wouldn't pay him any more than 200K to come play for us. That is obviously because of our salary cap restrictions, but as I said last year, I think he could be a favourable addition to this club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we could get him. I'd hope Dasovic is talking to him but Gerba seems destined in Europe. Not only that, but he can probably make a good deal more money over there.
    But man I'd love to see Gerba in a TFC kit.

olegunnar

Interesting timing on the release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He would probably be a good pickup, but would once again leave us short on international dates. When Canada plays, Gerba plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    He would probably be a good pickup, but would once again leave us short on international dates. When Canada plays, Gerba plays.

When Canada Plays...Gerba plays??? What Canadian Team are you watching...Gerba has probably only been named to half of the Canadian squads at best over the last couple years. We have a few decent strikers that could top him.....Bob Friend and Ian Hume name two off the top of my head.

Mo Johnson looked at Gerba when he was released last winter and didn't sound like he wanted him...what has he done differently now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    When Canada Plays...Gerba plays??? What Canadian Team are you watching...Gerba has probably only been named to half of the Canadian squads at best over the last couple years. We have a few decent strikers that could top him.....Bob Friend and Ian Hume name two off the top of my head.

Mo Johnson looked at Gerba when he was released last winter and didn't sound like he wanted him...what has he done differently now?
    So he plays half of Canada's games. That's still a handful of games that TFC doesn't have him if we signed him.