Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canada Cup

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think that it might not sellout since many fans (not here) don't know the significance of them...Which is fine with me so I get my bloody tix.
    I think, unfortunately, you're very right with that assumption. I've been trying to drum up support for the matches at work with the other football fans, but nobody cares enough about CONCACAF to watch one of the qualifier games. I do admit that scheduling the games mid-week doesn't help, but I'm looking at the whole thing as the most important pro soccer games we've had in about 30 years.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I think, unfortunately, you're very right with that assumption. I've been trying to drum up support for the matches at work with the other football fans, but nobody cares enough about CONCACAF to watch one of the qualifier games. I do admit that scheduling the games mid-week doesn't help, but I'm looking at the whole thing as the most important pro soccer games we've had in about 30 years.

im sure next year they will have more weekend games, but for now lets enjoy it.. this should be something positive for canadian soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Identical maybe not but a 50% increase above MLS games is gouging for sure....

Come renewal time if they get rid of youth seats that's quite a bump in revenue. Not exactly building for the future....

I know most people on here couldn't give a shit about youth ticket prices, but think a few years forward... Eventually most of you will have kids. It's a great experience to bring you kids to a game believe me. Do you think you'll want to sit in the supporters section?? Maybe?? Maybe not?? If you can get them.... Then if you end up in the more expensive seats and you're buying 3 or 4 tickets and there are no concessions... Same goes for grandkids...
    I've got 3 kids. i chose not to buy youth priced tickets because i want the option of taking the kids now and then but mostly i want to take my adult friends. I've brought my oldest boy to 2 games (it was nice but I prefer to go with my buddies so I can be a bit more "vocal" if you know what i mean). I'm bringing my 3 year old on Saturday but I'll be using my seats in 221 rather than 117 for that game because the Supporters Section is not quite 3 year old friendly and I'm not the type to ask people to tone down their language because I choose to bring a kid to the game. 221 is a bit more tame and so that's where we'll be for that game. It will be fun (he knows a few chants and can't wait to sing them) but still not as much fun for me as when I go with adults, especially because I don't have to go to the washroom with my buddies.

i fully expect youth pricing to go away in short order. TFC is leaving money on the table and there is no lack of demand for full priced tickets. MLSE is not a company known for leaving money on the table. They don't offer youth prices for any other property (other than the Marlies probably) and I don't expect it to continue with TFC. It sucks for you but I doubt it will keep people from bringing kids to matches in a significant way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for this! BTW, I'm pretty sure all the Central American and Caribbean teams will have qualified by May (except for Nicaragua).

Can't wait for TFC to hold that trophy up high!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currious what type of discount do you get for your youth tickets and do you have the option to upgrade them to adult status if you want to bring a buddy instead.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking forward to this much more than a San Jose/Chivas/RSL etc game
    For the first time in History TFC will be a favourite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is where I don't understand what's going on with the FO.

The league games are sold out....so the FO should be marketing/promoting the games they actually have tickets to sell for, which means....set a start time for these games, and get going earlier than 6 weeks before the game!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think that the percentage of season ticket holders picking up their tickets for the Vancouver and Montreal games would be close to 100%, the prices are not that bad unless you have mid field type seats, if you can not go just simply pass them on, I am sure finding someone to pick them up would not be that hard.

I am kind of surprised that STH's are not forced to buy these, hockey and basketbakk fans normally have to buy everything from pre-season, regular season and the playoffs if your team makes it that far.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is where I don't understand what's going on with the FO.

The league games are sold out....so the FO should be marketing/promoting the games they actually have tickets to sell for, which means....set a start time for these games, and get going earlier than 6 weeks before the game!
    The onsale for single game tickets didn't happen until AFTER the season started either. It seems the promotions department is chronically behind schedule. I think they use the same people as the CSA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a little anxious, I was sitting there refreshing the page waiting for tickets to come up and then realized that - hey you can't get tickets until next week dummy, it's not the 22nd yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobuzz View Post
    I think I'm a little anxious, I was sitting there refreshing the page waiting for tickets to come up and then realized that - hey you can't get tickets until next week dummy, it's not the 22nd yet.
    damn, did same too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I am currious what type of discount do you get for your youth tickets and do you have the option to upgrade them to adult status if you want to bring a buddy instead.
    It was a good deal - 50% off. You can upgrade your tickets at the box office prior to the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the games at BMO will be close to a sellout. the only thing keeping them from being a guaranteed sellout might be that one game is a midweek workday (other is a holiday, so i don't see any probs there unless everyone leaves for the cottage).
    But to counteract that, they require you to buy both seats (if yer a STH) so
    that locks you in to both.
    Given the massive waiting list, i think it's pretty certain this thing will be well attended. And it gives a chance for people who haven't been to games yet to see more TFC. i agree with VPjr that I'm actually more interested in this than seeing some MLS teams. I think I'll be honestly very nervous at these games because I can't stand to see Montreal or Vanny get any bragging rights. And it's not a friendly, it matters.
    I don't think I'd feel that way watching TFC vs San Jose or Colorado in the regular season. I wanna see TFC destroy Montreal and Vanny. DESTROY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone have the t.v. rights for this? if not then the blackout should help numbers too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on Canada's record setting attendance figures for last year's FIFA U-20 World Cup matches across the country, I have no doubt that all 6 matches will sell out in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    does anyone have the t.v. rights for this? if not then the blackout should help numbers too
    CBC. They've currently got it scheduled for tape delay at midnight, because Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final is currently scheduled for 7:30 pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off the topic slightly, but has there been any word on away support? i know Rudi from U-Sector has always held that their (Montreal's) support is more soccer mommish, but i'm assuming they have some supports groups still?
    The vast majority of Montreal's crowd is soccer mommish, which many here will see for themselves on May 27.

That said, UM02 (Ultras Montréal) travels pretty well for their size. I wouldn't be surprised to see 20-30 of them here, although the weeknight thing might dampen even such a small number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Identical maybe not but a 50% increase above MLS games is gouging for sure....

Come renewal time if they get rid of youth seats that's quite a bump in revenue. Not exactly building for the future....

I know most people on here couldn't give a shit about youth ticket prices, but think a few years forward... Eventually most of you will have kids. It's a great experience to bring you kids to a game believe me. Do you think you'll want to sit in the supporters section?? Maybe?? Maybe not?? If you can get them.... Then if you end up in the more expensive seats and you're buying 3 or 4 tickets and there are no concessions... Same goes for grandkids...
    YES! alllrright then, so i take it your not renewing??

Look i really really feel for you, seriously i really do!

At the same time...stop crying. Nobody is putting a gun to yer'head and forcing to you to buy anything...

The prices for the Canada Cup are very reasonable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    I've got 3 kids. i chose not to buy youth priced tickets because i want the option of taking the kids now and then but mostly i want to take my adult friends. I've brought my oldest boy to 2 games (it was nice but I prefer to go with my buddies so I can be a bit more "vocal" if you know what i mean). I'm bringing my 3 year old on Saturday but I'll be using my seats in 221 rather than 117 for that game because the Supporters Section is not quite 3 year old friendly and I'm not the type to ask people to tone down their language because I choose to bring a kid to the game. 221 is a bit more tame and so that's where we'll be for that game. It will be fun (he knows a few chants and can't wait to sing them) but still not as much fun for me as when I go with adults, especially because I don't have to go to the washroom with my buddies.

i fully expect youth pricing to go away in short order. TFC is leaving money on the table and there is no lack of demand for full priced tickets. MLSE is not a company known for leaving money on the table. They don't offer youth prices for any other property (other than the Marlies probably) and I don't expect it to continue with TFC. It sucks for you but I doubt it will keep people from bringing kids to matches in a significant way.

Well Said!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all games sold out.. prices are very reasonable.. i was expecting something much higher and mlse could have bumped up the prices much more

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mid week games are the norm in Europe and elsewhere for these competitions. Hence European nights. It's just a case of people not seeing the implications of playing international rivals as they do in Uefa cup and Copa Libertadores. You might not have seen the competition but you should know that beating them leads to playing the best in the world. I know I'm not alone in that I didn't credit or care for MLS before we got a team in the league. This could be an honour to be at the first stage of a tournament that takes us around the world vs around America. To win something that is bigger than the league...I hope it's not sold out yet...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T.V blackouts destroy the brand long term.

The CFL did this ain the 80's & lost an entire generation of fans. We should never depend on blackouts to fill our house.

The day that happens TFC is in trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just looking at the prices again and they seem to have been lowered? Maybe I'm crazy. http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/ti...anada_cup/map/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    I was just looking at the prices again and they seem to have been lowered? Maybe I'm crazy. http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/ti...anada_cup/map/
    now they are showing it as per ticket per game... same prices just individual seats. before the prices were shown as 1 seat for 2 games and then there was fineprint saying it was 2 games.. probably some confusion (as we saw on the boards) led to the change in the chart.