Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Cup

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Canada Cup

Anyone care to hazard a guess on how well attended the CC games will be.

Just bought my tix given time constraints, I may pass them on to friend who haven't had the game day experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they'll all sell out. Toronto and Montreal have excellent support (obviously) and Vancouver has a small stadium so they'll sell out too. Lame reason, but oh well... If Vancouver moves their home matches, then I'm not sure. At the risk of side-tracking the thread, I hope if they do move the CCL matches, it won't be to Commonwealth - that pitch as god awful.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    I think they'll all sell out. Toronto and Montreal have excellent support (obviously) and Vancouver has a small stadium so they'll sell out too. Lame reason, but oh well... If Vancouver moves their home matches, then I'm not sure. At the risk of side-tracking the thread, I hope if they do move the CCL matches, it won't be to Commonwealth - that pitch as god awful.
    I meant the games at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am somewhat skeptical since they are mid-week games. I think the attendance will be strong, but empty seats in the upper corners and random pairs elsewhere wouldn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'll have a better idea after the on sale to red and gold waiting list members (for the games at BMO at least). I'm thinking it'll be a sellout here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops...

BMO will sell out - I'm confident of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my 2 pairs. I am looking forward to the two CC games more than some midseason fixture against KC or Chivas, that's for sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these game should be well attended....and should be very entertaining..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the fact that tickets are reserved for the waiting lists should ensure a sell out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The games should sell out. I am just as nervous for the Canada Cup right now then regular games to be honest. It would fucken suck to lose to USL teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not happy...

I have 3 season tickets in section 106 row 6 and I attend with my two sons aged 8 and 10. These are fairly expensive seats but it's offset by the fact that my kids tickets are at youth prices and have about a 50% discount.

I just went to account manager to buy my seats and I find out that that not only are these tickets at regular MLS prices, there are also no youth discounts applied. I figured that this was probably a mistake so I just called my rep and he confirmed that there are no youth discounts for the Canada Cup

This is a complete rip-off. I wasn't happy with full MLS pricing but taking away the youth pricing has added $100 to the bill for 2 games.

I guess that I'm telling my kids tonight that we're not going to see Vancouver and Montreal... Great way to build a fam base for the future... NOT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Personally, I think the pricing for the Canada Cup matches are reasonable. I dont differentiate between playing Whitecaps and Impact or playing RSL or San Jose. there is not that much of a difference in quality between USL1 and MLS. MLS is better, but not by that much in my opinion.

I am actually more excited to play the Canadian teams than about 50% of the teams in MLS, to be quite honest so paying full price for my CC tickets doesn't bother me a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be easier to accept the ticket prices if the other two cities weren't so reasonable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    ^ Personally, I think the pricing for the Canada Cup matches are reasonable. I dont differentiate between playing Whitecaps and Impact or playing RSL or San Jose. there is not that much of a difference in quality between USL1 and MLS. MLS is better, but not by that much in my opinion.
    I'd got my head around paying MLS prices - I just can't swallow paying double for my kids... $300 for the Canada Cup is a step too far....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my 5 in 112, haven't been able to see them in my print tickets option yet...and they didn't have the option of splitting up the 5 tickets or the seperate games. Am confused as to why this wasn't an option.

Anyway these midweek games will be the death of my liver...and maybe my career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    I'd got my head around paying MLS prices - I just can't swallow paying double for my kids... $300 for the Canada Cup is a step too far....
    I wont argue that $300 for 6 tickets (3 tickets per game x 2 games) isn't cheap but these aren't part of our season's ticket packages so we ought not expect that the terms of sale would be identical.

The reality is that if you don't take them, there are hundreds / thousands of people who will jump at them. Its too bad you and your kids wont be there but whoever gets your tickets will be happy you opted out, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, You'll be paying like $50 per ticket...And your sitting in 106 6 rows up!! Quit your fucking crying!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm going to guess about 12 - 13K in actual attendance. Something tells me they overpriced this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    Well I'm going to guess about 12 - 13K in actual attendance. Something tells me they overpriced this.
    I think it's fairly priced for what it is. I'm expecting a sell out with a whole bunch of 1st timers present & that's a good thing.

I hope SSTH get a chance to buy more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sellouts.. every match in all 3 stadiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not sure about this.

some part of me agrees that there may be more than 17,000 people at the game but we want these fans to be rowdy fans that know chants and know the team.

people that have never been to the game.....sure thats great for them and merchandise and stuff but i want those games to be the toughest games for the other teams.

these are must win games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These games should give a good indication of how popular TFC really is. That being said, I doubt it will be a sell out (I hope I'm wrong though).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that it might not sellout since many fans (not here) don't know the signifigance of them...Which is fine with me so I get my bloody tix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off the topic slightly, but has there been any word on away support? i know Rudi from U-Sector has always held that their (Montreal's) support is more soccer mommish, but i'm assuming they have some supports groups still?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will sell out only because i think all the tickets will find a home one way or another, even if a season ticket holder decided they can not go they seem to be offering them to anyone who wants them for cost, I got my pair to both that way, I also picked up some more for my brother. I think these games might introduce some newbies to the TFC in-stadium experience which is not all that bad.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who wouldnt go??

sell out for sure!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCREDNWHITE View Post
    Dude, You'll be paying like $50 per ticket...And your sitting in 106 6 rows up!! Quit your fucking crying!!!
    Paying 50% more for the same seats against fucking inferior teams - What would you do? Yeah I definitely feel like fucking crying... I'm wondering what they plan to do at renewal time...

This event is overpriced for sure. Montreal are charging something like $30 for best seats. Same for Vancouver. Same for other MLS teams.

If I'm gonna get ass raped I'm gonna cry about it...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Paying 50% more for the same seats against fucking inferior teams - What would you do? Yeah I definitely feel like fucking crying... I'm wondering what they plan to do at renewal time...

This event is overpriced for sure. Montreal are charging something like $30 for best seats. Same for Vancouver. Same for other MLS teams.

If I'm gonna get ass raped I'm gonna cry about it...
    I fully agree with you. Its as if the people who replied to you didnt read that your kid's prices were twice the normal price for these games, which is absolute bullshit.

I dont take a real issue with the standard pricing for these games, but removing the youth discount for these games is absolutely unjustifiable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    I wont argue that $300 for 6 tickets (3 tickets per game x 2 games) isn't cheap but these aren't part of our season's ticket packages so we ought not expect that the terms of sale would be identical.

The reality is that if you don't take them, there are hundreds / thousands of people who will jump at them. Its too bad you and your kids wont be there but whoever gets your tickets will be happy you opted out, I'm sure.
    Identical maybe not but a 50% increase above MLS games is gouging for sure....

Come renewal time if they get rid of youth seats that's quite a bump in revenue. Not exactly building for the future....

I know most people on here couldn't give a shit about youth ticket prices, but think a few years forward... Eventually most of you will have kids. It's a great experience to bring you kids to a game believe me. Do you think you'll want to sit in the supporters section?? Maybe?? Maybe not?? If you can get them.... Then if you end up in the more expensive seats and you're buying 3 or 4 tickets and there are no concessions... Same goes for grandkids...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll definately sell out but the only thing that worries me is that we season ticketholders only get a week before General Public. I know we got an email but even if 50-500 people miss out thats gonna leave alot of fans pissed.