Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want I'll dedicate one of my machines at home after work haha. It can probably do 30 votes/min reliably.
    Last edited by adamdz; 06-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    IMO RR's deserves it, DD hit it on a volley which was awesome, but the way RR loses his 2 men was wicked.

On a side note, does anyone else find the guy who says, 'sierra mist goal of the week nominee' incredibly annoying? its like he was trying to be napoleon dynamite but the joke was old several years ago. Also i've never heard nominee said nominaaaaay...
    yah sounds like someone recorded it in their basement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just voted for Ricketts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we are ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    In all honesty, a volley into the far corner is not nearly as skillful as what Ricketts did. Ricketts handled the ball, settled it down, shook two defenders off him, and buried a bullet shot.

Dichio lobbed a volley into the far corner. It was very much just a 'get some shots on net' kind of play.

Honestly I dont know how anyone thinks Dichio's is the more skillful strike.

Timing a volleying that is coming straight down over your head and putting enough curl to sneak it past a diving keeper, inside the far post, and well under the cross bar is a very skilful technique. He tries that 10 times again and probably comes up with 4 over the bar, 2 squibblers wide, and another handful into the keepers gloves. I’ll take my chances with Rickets being able to repeat his strike more often than not. Rickets shook off his defender with a series of foot and head fakes. A beautiful goal grant it, but some blame to the shit defender at the same time.

Honestly, get over it…not worth getting yourself all worked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    In all honesty, a volley into the far corner is not nearly as skillful as what Ricketts did. Ricketts handled the ball, settled it down, shook two defenders off him, and buried a bullet shot.

Dichio lobbed a volley into the far corner. It was very much just a 'get some shots on net' kind of play.

Honestly I dont know how anyone thinks Dichio's is the more skillful strike.
    Yeah, that's so like DD. I mean, he just keeps putting stupid shots on net that never have a chance of going in, just in case. Oh, wait, 5 shots on net, 5 goals this year. Weird.

As for the goals, they were both amazing, which means we'll lose because no other team will vote for a TFC player (they hate us for ballot stuffing) and we'll split the vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i think DD's is the better goal. RR goal was fantastic, i just think Dichio's was a bit better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're both great!

Gotta go with Ricketts though...it's almost like he disappeared for a second and nobody knew where he was until he popped up on the other side of the defender and roofed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were two very different goals. A different skill required and a different complexity to each. The only way you can really determine whose was better is to ask which was more likely to miss given 10 opportunities or which will be a much more infrequent type of goal. In my opinion, it's DD’s goal. Rohan would probably say it himself that Dichio’s required far more concentration and finishing touch than his straight up shimmy-sham move followed by a killer strike?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    They're both great!

Gotta go with Ricketts though...it's almost like he disappeared for a second and nobody knew where he was until he popped up on the other side of the defender and roofed it.
    But how does that have anything to do with his goal?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    But how does that have anything to do with his goal?!
    I wasn't refering to his performance the past few weeks, I'm was talking about the "dipsy doodle" as Dobson so eloquently put it during that particular goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    On a side note, does anyone else find the guy who says, 'sierra mist goal of the week nominee' incredibly annoying? its like he was trying to be napoleon dynamite but the joke was old several years ago. Also i've never heard nominee said nominaaaaay...
    you wanna hear something annoying? Watch the clip for Buddle's goal

"THE VOLLEY FROM BUDDLE... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES SS!!!"

that's irritating

my $.02--> both great goals, but Dichio won one last season, let's give it to Rohan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t.o_moose View Post
    you wanna hear something annoying? Watch the clip for Buddle's goal

"THE VOLLEY FROM BUDDLE... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES SS!!!"

that's irritating

my $.02--> both great goals, but Dichio won one last season, let's give it to Rohan
    OH MY GOD, I cringe everytime I hear that moron saying YESSSSSSSSSSS. It sounds awefull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the "yes" guy, it's much better than the Comcast (I think it was) who announce a goal with "It's in the net! It's in the net!" They even do this on non-spectacular/surprising goals. Well duh. That and the Rapids announcer for last game just thought all the black guys looked the same, knew nothing about anything and mistook many players for others. And of course the Houston people last week were brutal. So IMO, the "yes" guy I can live with.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I hear Max Bretos yells 'yyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh' I realize why soccer is so unpopular in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC back in front, they do this every time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol....Just vote for whomever you feel was better.....it matters very little if TFC are picked for goal of the week. As long as we keep wining games!

PS Clyde Sims goal is not that nice...lol...
    Last edited by Razcle; 06-16-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    DC back in front, they do this every time
    We haven't won this year and I don't expect us to. Either MLS is stepping in to try to stop our stuffing, or other teams are just pissed at us over last year, but there have been some strange losses so far this year. This week we probably deserve the nod, and won't get it. Oh well, DC needs to confidence boost more than we do anyway, I mean, we're gonna win the cup after all, let them have GOTW.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC is stuffing the ballot box, probably through their scripts.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    DC is stuffing the ballot box, probably through their scripts.
    We know it is. Earlier today Ricketts was at 50% and last time I checked we were down to 25% with the DC guy at 38%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC is killing us right now. Tell everyone that you know to vote for Ricketts!