Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada72 View Post
    Shaughno, did you take this pic? if yes, when? I'm pretty sure I'm in the pic.
    Nah, just found it via Google LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    To address the concerns about the quality of the construction of the North Stand the following is from a City of Toronto staff report

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2...file-26066.pdf
    Sweet find! So it will be the same as the East/South ends. Perfect.

And I know people are in love with RedBull Park... but I personally think from a distance, BMO Field is much better looking. Outside of RSL's new stadium, there aren't many stadiums around the league have have a classy 'football' feel to their stadiums.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed, BMO is a better looking stadium and the fans add ambiance, as an added bonus....even if BMO is surrounded by parking lots, traintracks and the gardiner.... All of that is way better than what surrounds Red Bull Park (i.e. New Jersey, which I think is fair to describe as the armpit of the Northeastern USA.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think BMO looks like an American high school football stadium. Never been a fan. But to each their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I think BMO looks like an American high school football stadium. Never been a fan. But to each their own.

Really? That's how I see Columbus' stadium personally. I feel that the brick facia that continues around the stadium really gives it a small footy stadium feel.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    same question i have been wondering...

parkdale know updates?

hahaha.... it's on me!

I'll take a walk by there with the camera in the next few days, see what's shaking.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Really? That's how I see Columbus' stadium personally. I feel that the brick facia that continues around the stadium really gives it a small footy stadium feel.
    I think it's the lack of a roof that turns me off. Columbus' stadium is pretty much similar in my eyes, just older. The exterior of BMO is alright, but again, there is the lack of roof. Removing the beer garden will greatly improve the look and feel of the stadium while inside, though. And of course the grass!!!! I look forward to that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I feel that the brick facia that continues around the stadium really gives it a small footy stadium feel.
    I know there was a lot of debate over the yellow bricks in the past, and some people think it looks out of the 50's, but I think that's exactly the right look. It meshes almost perfectly with the rest of the CNE buildings (except the Direct Energy center, but that one is a freakshow).

^ I just wish that they'd make a matching sign in the exact same letters and stick it on top of the ticket office that says 'SOCCER'
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stood under the north stand in the beer patio at last nights game, just wanted to say:

THANK YOU MLSE!!

its a nice shelter from the rain and sun, and we get to watch the folks in front of us at the VIP tables get the occassional beer shower from up above.

One drawback is that we can see the video scoreboard anymore. Though I have one request, I would like to send an email to someone either at BMO field or MLSE who is in charge of the facilities. I would like to ask them if they can turn around the flatscreens that were mounted on the steel pillars..right now they are near the back of the beer patio and they face the food building... no one is around to see them b/c we're all at the front of the patio ...it would be nice to turn around to see the replays.

Does anyone have any contact info?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^PM mlsintoronto maybe or tell your tkt rep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetajr View Post
    .. we get to watch the folks in front of us at the VIP tables get the occassional beer shower from up above.
    So it does nothing to get people out of the beer garden and into their seats. Thus, still giving the appearance of a less than full stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The missing people are also all in sec 112 squeezing me out of my seats and forcing me to stand on the seat in the row beneath me.