Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McCarthy's Musings: The Friday Five Highlights Intriguing Preseason Trialists
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...hts-intriguing

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much of an issue is the salary cap? And will it mean Carl Robinson, Dwayne De Rosario and Adrian Serioux -- the core of the team -- might not return? "We're still thinking. We'll see where it goes. I don't know. I can't tell you."
    Surely this is a typo?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a giant leap from a whole lot of nothing. I personally wouldn't put too much weight on it. It's the Sun remember.

What I got out of Preki's answers is that he isn't giving ANYONE any indication of how he wants to shape up the team. He's not going to be like Mo, promising players and goals. He's going to put the boys to work, bring in some other players and work on building HIS team.

I fucking love this part:

And, he smiled. Quietly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    yeah theres no way thats true, im sure that even if Preki finds him to be a problem itll be mended, it would fucking have to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Unfortunately its not a typo - and people need to start accepting the fact there is problems...

People can hate on Wheeler (his article yesterday) but there is a big issue going on with the team right now - and DeRo not being here could be the result...

Every time we bring it up, people scoff at it... Unfortunately, its nothing to scoff at...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much of an issue is the salary cap? And will it mean Carl Robinson, Dwayne De Rosario and Adrian Serioux -- the core of the team -- might not return? "We're still thinking. We'll see where it goes. I don't know. I can't tell you."
    I believe that the bolded part of the quote is a question either the writer or someone at the presser was asking, not something Preki was saying....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    I believe that the bolded part of the quote is a question either the writer or someone at the presser was asking, not something Preki was saying....
    kinda what i was thinking too with the article that was written yesterday and the fact he didnt want to talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Unfortunately its not a typo - and people need to start accepting the fact there is problems...

People can hate on Wheeler (his article yesterday) but there is a big issue going on with the team right now - and DeRo not being here could be the result...

Every time we bring it up, people scoff at it... Unfortunately, its nothing to scoff at...

Carts...
    Personally I am getting a little tired of his antics and it wouldn't pain me if he left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh goodness...what is going on here ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think alot of things are being blown out of proportion but it doesnt help that he has voiced his issues with his contract, that being said we'd have a giant hole to fill and do you really wanna see him play somewhere else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seriuox and Robbo are gone then the salary cap isn't an issue...so why would DeRo go? Nonsense....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    If Seriuox and Robbo are gone then the salary cap isn't an issue...so why would DeRo go? Nonsense....
    Csz Dero wants DP money. His situation is irrelevant to what happens to any other player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many times was I told that me bringing up DeRo's contracts was a non-issue.

The guy deserves DP status, and IMO has for the past couple years. His production and overall help to the whole team (incl. Dynamo) has been unparalleled in this league by any non-DP player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post

The guy deserves DP status, and IMO has for the past couple years. His production and overall help to the whole team (incl. Dynamo) has been unparalleled in this league by any non-DP player.

I guess i figured bringing up the contract ONCE IT WAS SIGNED was the issue. When the trade first happened, DeRo negotiatied for quite a while before signing. That should have been the end of it.

But DeRo knows Toronto, he knows the fans here and how they pick favourites and put pressure on the team an how MLSE capitulates and gives bad contracts to favourites. The Leafs have been doing it for years, there's no reason TFC won't do it, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surely he understands too that its the MLS board of govs that decides/approves on dps (or somnething along those lines), thats not to mention that he signed the contract.
    Och regardless i think its much ado about nothing (and if we had a dp slot id give it to him)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a career MLS'er. Houston didn't seem to think he should get it - in his prime. I feel with him aging he shouldn't get it either.
    Look, the intent of the DP rule was not necessarily to sign MLS players for contracts over $400,000, but to attract footballers that were known from other leagues to add more legitimacy to the league. It wasn't, nor is it, a stat sheet that rewards a players pay. Although level of play is important, the DP should bring other intangibles to the table.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Regardless of whether he deserves it or not, how many teams are lining up to take on his salary? Honestly. Remember how much less he was paid at Houston? Not saying he doesn't deserve it, just saying....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    He's a career MLS'er. Houston didn't seem to think he should get it - in his prime. I feel with him aging he shouldn't get it either.
    Look, the intent of the DP rule was not necessarily to sign MLS players for contracts over $400,000, but to attract footballers that were known from other leagues to add more legitimacy to the league. It wasn't, nor is it, a stat sheet that rewards a players pay. Although level of play is important, the DP should bring other intangibles to the table.
    I don't disagree with the logic...

What I'm saying, is if Mo agreed that DeRo would get DP status at some point (which is what the rumours have been) if he signed the first year, then IMO he deserves that DP spot.

Everyone wants an impact DP player, correct? Who makes more of an impact on this team as it stands? JDG has yet to make much of an impact, Gerba, White, Barrett, Guevara, Vitti, etc, etc. Nobody touches DeRo in terms of impact to the overall team production and/or results.

My point is, if that's the deal they agreed with DeRo in the first place, he has every right to be pissed about his current standing with the club. Do you agree? And if this is the case, and you were in his situation, would you not make your unhappy feelings heard? I sure would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MoJo logic:

1. Mo promised DeRo DP status, because he had no clue that JDG would be available

or

2. Mo figured that with the new CBA, he'd either get another DP slot or a cap increase to pay DeRo DP money

or

3. Mo just lost his mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is, if that's the deal they agreed with DeRo in the first place, he has every right to be pissed about his current standing with the club. Do you agree? And if this is the case, and you were in his situation, would you not make your unhappy feelings heard? I sure would.

I would fire my agent for not getting it in the contract.

Maybe because I work in TV and the movies and put up with producers all the time I have no patience for this. I have an agent, she negotiates the contracts and then I live up to my end. Even first year kids straight out of Sheridan know the value of a producer's "promise." If this guy was a rookie I might cut him some slack, but if this stuff is true it's embarrassing coming from a veteran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    3. Mo just lost his mind
    He would need to have a sane mind to lose it, no?

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If DeRo was supposed to be made a DP... why wasn't it written into the contract he signed!?!?!?!?

How hard of a concept is that?

It's like he's doing a reverse hold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can't bode well for DeRo if in fact he is sulking about this contract thing right now. Think about it, you're Preki...you've been preaching team, team, team all about unity and the single unit mentality. Now here comes probably your most talented player saying me, me, me! Do you make an example of him and cast him out? Most would say "Never! it's DeRo!" ...but Preki is one hard SOB just ask Amado Guevara.

It's like if you end up in prison and you don't want to get beaten and disrespected, they say you should go up to the biggest, toughest dude and kick his ass so they other prisoners take you seriously.....err well not really but you get the idea right?
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 02-05-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree with the logic...

What I'm saying, is if Mo agreed that DeRo would get DP status at some point (which is what the rumours have been) if he signed the first year, then IMO he deserves that DP spot.

Everyone wants an impact DP player, correct? Who makes more of an impact on this team as it stands? JDG has yet to make much of an impact, Gerba, White, Barrett, Guevara, Vitti, etc, etc. Nobody touches DeRo in terms of impact to the overall team production and/or results.

I kind of agree with you here except for a couple of things:

a) Guevara was a pretty important component to TFC playing well, while he was here.

b) Just like Guevara, DeRo can be given credit for a lot of good that happened with TFC but also bad. DeRo does not play a team game well. He doesn't seem to fit in with any kind of tactical scheme and as far as I can tell, nobody knows what position he plays...not even DeRo.

c) Would I not make my unhappy feelings heard? Nope...not publicly.

DeRo is starting to make me feel like it's all about DeRo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    It can't bode well for DeRo if in fact he is sulking about this contract thing right now. Think about it, you're Preki...you've been preaching team, team, team all about unity and the single unit mentality. Now here comes probably your most talented player saying me, me, me! Do you make an example of him and cast him out? Most would say "Never! it's DeRo!" ...but Preki is one hard SOB just ask Amado Guevara.

Bang on. Team, team, team doesn't mesh well with the new "me first" DeRo.

DeRo better get his attitude in check and let his agent worry about how much money he gets paid.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    DeRo is starting to make me feel like it's all about DeRo.
    I still stand by my statement that you can tell a lot about a guy's character by how he plays.

Someone mentioned to me early in the year, "I don't like him. He's a selfish player." I kind of laughed it off saying "You're crazy."

Now, it's slowly coming to the surface. And it's making me uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing is, I never saw this Me Me Me from DeRo until about half way through last season... or about the same time the JDG as a DP rumours started surfacing.

Who knows, but what I do hope, is that Preki can nip it in the butt before the season starts. I'd prefer to have DeRo than play against him... again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont want to trade dero....but what do you think we can get for him??