Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chad barrett is injured too.

i know its still offseason....but lets calm the fuck down here.

the next two months are a rebuilding thing.

none of these players are game ready....no one in the league is.

lets let them do their pre season thing.....at least for a few weeks before we start ripping anyone apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

de ro is injured too.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    So far 19 players under contract - $2,164,404 spent

*Includes on $400K for DeGuzman, and the 3 GA contracts not included (Frei, Herold, Ibby-assuming he is still GA).
    So without releases, there's room for one, maybe two signings.

Eek.

Someone's gotta go soon. I'm guessing Nick Garcia's $199,000 or so will disappear as soon as the CBA is signed. I think they have an option on Gerba as well, if he isn't fit by the end of camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So without releases, there's room for one, maybe two signings.

Eek.

Someone's gotta go soon. I'm guessing Nick Garcia's $199,000 or so will disappear as soon as the CBA is signed. I think they have an option on Gerba as well, if he isn't fit by the end of camp.
    We don't know how much in allocation money we have left. That is always a hard thing to find out, most teams keep it secret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could get more if we signed four players to dev contracts...TFC Academy anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    We don't know how much in allocation money we have left. That is always a hard thing to find out, most teams keep it secret.
    Ya, true. So maybe two to four players, since it can only account for 50%, right?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    chad barrett is injured too.

i know its still offseason....but lets calm the fuck down here.

the next two months are a rebuilding thing.

none of these players are game ready....no one in the league is.

lets let them do their pre season thing.....at least for a few weeks before we start ripping anyone apart.
    That's the room TFC has been given every season and every season they do the same thing and go into the first game unprepared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    That's the room TFC has been given every season and every season they do the same thing and go into the first game unprepared.
    Not to bad mouth previous coaches: Mo, Carver or Cummins but from my understanding they were all fairly unorganized and it doesn't help that Mo would bring in players every week....

Give Preki a chance he is a very disciplined coach and adheres to a very strict 4-4-2 formation. I was speaking to people around the team and they all agreed that it is a night and say difference in coaching styles and you will see a difference especially by the opening kick off in Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine.

Mo must go....lets get rid of our GM now..... then we can write this season off and go for it for 2011

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    fine.

Mo must go....lets get rid of our GM now..... then we can write this season off and go for it for 2011
    Just out of curiosity, when is a good time to let a GM go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the end of the season....or when a season is considered "finished"

that way a new guy can have the whole offseason and draft to help build the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So despite his incompetence, we gotta go through another full season of Mo screwing up TFC because MLSE brass didn't have the brains to do it at the end of last season? That's a tall price to pay.

Of course your argument serves to prove the point that Mo needs to go. If the off-season is meant to draft and build the team, why is it Mo seems to be unable to do 50% of that job? We know he drafts well, but he can't seem to build anything at all.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, there's nothing wrong with having a small... um... roster... I'm sure all the teams that brag about their roster size are just insecure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im willing to let them actually play 1 game before i make a judgement.

maybe thats me being crazy.......... but it seems normal to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Hey, there's nothing wrong with having a small... um... roster... I'm sure all the teams that brag about their roster size are just insecure...
    One of the plagues of the MLS has always been

ROSTER ENVY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if am willing to put in the effort to do it, and frankly I would not know where to start, but does anyone have a clue as to how we could reasonably accurately figure out where we are with allocation dollars? I feel the general consensus here is that we are truly screwed with dollars coming off the books, but it would be great to know how screwed we might be.

It almost seems like we are praying for a tidy rise in the salary cap in order to afford to sign enough players to fill out the roster. That is a pretty dangerous gamble considering that the rest of the league plays under the same cap as we do, and there may not be much of a cap jump to begin with. In fact we may even see rises in minimum salaries that may see us having to spend even more precious cap dollars on players we already have under contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doom and gloom .....doom and gloom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    I am not sure if am willing to put in the effort to do it, and frankly I would not know where to start, but does anyone have a clue as to how we could reasonably accurately figure out where we are with allocation dollars? I feel the general consensus here is that we are truly screwed with dollars coming off the books, but it would be great to know how screwed we might be.

It almost seems like we are praying for a tidy rise in the salary cap in order to afford to sign enough players to fill out the roster. That is a pretty dangerous gamble considering that the rest of the league plays under the same cap as we do, and there may not be much of a cap jump to begin with. In fact we may even see rises in minimum salaries that may see us having to spend even more precious cap dollars on players we already have under contract.

Yes, it is. And I love dangerous gambles. Go big or go home.

Of course it's easy for me to say, it's not my money. But that's one of the reasons I like sports - you can get really involved in something that ultimately doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    In MO we trust!
    speak for your self...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    GOL TV said that TFC has $600K in allocation left, and they should know (being owned by MLSE), so I'd say that's the number.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    speak for your self...

I think you must know everytime that is used on this board it's meant sarcastically.