Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have to appologize

I'm sorry to everyone on this board. When you guys keep on picking players to rag on (sometimes arbitrarily) I thought it was just people looking for things to complain about, but look what has happened this season.

Target 1: Velez - He's a pylon, he can't defend for anything, he belongs in the USL (pub league, my son's U-5 team, take your pick), etc.
    Result: He's become one of our more solid defenders, and scored 2 goals for us. He has a call answer chant in his honour.

Target 2: Dichio - He's past his prime, he's slow (true), he can't finish, he shouldn't be on the pitch.
    Result: 5 shots on goal, 5 goals. Passing, holding the ball up, and scoring on a freakin' volley (seriously? Danny boy? I mean, I knew you were good with your head, and can sometimes slot them in on the ground, but that shot? Crazy!)

Target 3: Ricketts - He's Welsh 2.0. Looks fancy, does nothing. Doesn't know when to pass, doesn't know how to play, there's a reason he left England.
    Result: Last night, Brilliance. 2 Goals including the game winner, both GOTW material. Dribbles around people like they aren't there, and actually lays out great passes.

Now, cunningham might kind of escape this, but I think it's also because people refuse to give him his due even when he does well (his finish in Houston was crazy, I didn't know he could do that).

My suggestion for the next target: Edu. I mean, I know people have been down on him, but where are the "Go back to California!" and "My blind 3 legged dog could play better than you!". People just aren't being nasty enough to him. Maybe if you all got together and ripped into him like he doesn't belong on the same pitch as Lombardo (another failure of this board), he would step up and be as skillful as he can be, hmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

You forgot Mo Johnston!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the internet.

people have opinions, and a lot of them turn out to be wrong.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Town of "I don't bitch about the beer guy obstructing my view"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This only proves one thing................

They read the RPB board conistently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm sorry to everyone on this board. When you guys keep on picking players to rag on (sometimes arbitrarily) I thought it was just people looking for things to complain about, but look what has happened this season.

Target 1: Velez - He's a pylon, he can't defend for anything, he belongs in the USL (pub league, my son's U-5 team, take your pick), etc.
    Result: He's become one of our more solid defenders, and scored 2 goals for us. He has a call answer chant in his honour.

Target 2: Dichio - He's past his prime, he's slow (true), he can't finish, he shouldn't be on the pitch.
    Result: 5 shots on goal, 5 goals. Passing, holding the ball up, and scoring on a freakin' volley (seriously? Danny boy? I mean, I knew you were good with your head, and can sometimes slot them in on the ground, but that shot? Crazy!)

Target 3: Ricketts - He's Welsh 2.0. Looks fancy, does nothing. Doesn't know when to pass, doesn't know how to play, there's a reason he left England.
    Result: Last night, Brilliance. 2 Goals including the game winner, both GOTW material. Dribbles around people like they aren't there, and actually lays out great passes.

Now, cunningham might kind of escape this, but I think it's also because people refuse to give him his due even when he does well (his finish in Houston was crazy, I didn't know he could do that).

My suggestion for the next target: Edu. I mean, I know people have been down on him, but where are the "Go back to California!" and "My blind 3 legged dog could play better than you!". People just aren't being nasty enough to him. Maybe if you all got together and ripped into him like he doesn't belong on the same pitch as Lombardo (another failure of this board), he would step up and be as skillful as he can be, hmm?
    Who is you guys???

I was the one that started the Dichio thread titled - "Clearly... Dichio still has it". It went to at least 5 pages

Also, I ordered and bought 2 Ricketts shirts... which a lot of people on this board also did and bought before he even scored a goal?!? So why would they be rippign on Ricketts?

I simply love blanket statements... let's keep them up!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Who is you guys???

I was the one that started the Dichio thread titled - "Clearly... Dichio still has it". It went to at least 5 pages

Also, I ordered and bought 2 Ricketts shirts... which a lot of people on this board also did and bought before he even scored a goal?!? So why would they be rippign on Ricketts?

I simply love blanket statements... let's keep them up!
    I was being facetious, seriously, let's not get butthurt or anything

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was being facetious, seriously, let's not get butthurt or anything
    So was I... I don't really love blanket statements.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what happens on boards is each player has two camps -- haters and lovers (this is exaggerated for effect, but i'm trying to make a point ).

when he has a bad game, the haters post. When he has a good game, the lovers post.
    A few people "switch sides" but not that many. So it's not that the whole board changes opinion game to game. Just if a guy has a bad game, the lovers keep quiet while holding the faith. If a guy has a good game, the haters fade into the background and wait to pounce next time

The only guy I switched on a bit was Velez. But I'm not in the lover camp now -- just guarded optimism that Velez is a decent MLS player in the right system etc. But if he was in last year's system playing alongside Reda and Braz we'd be booing him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    So was I... I don't really love blanket statements.
    Actually, more appropriately, you were being Ironic, or even Sarcastic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Edu has gotten a fair bit of grief on here. And if I can remember that far back, I think he actually did play noticeably better.

If only his play had slipped even more, he would have really been hammered on here and he'd be great by now!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my big bruva shirt on under my jersey yesterday... It made an appearance
    Dichio is really doing well I can't say that enough times. I have to admit his pace was scaring me, but he still has that magical touch. Edu imo really needs to step it up. I think he can do it, I just want to see it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must admit I was down on Ricketts to start. And rightfully so in my opinion. He didn't really show much when he started out. But he has learned a little bit about this league and over the last few games, he has picked up his play and played amazing yesterday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of us were talking about Ricketts before the game and it came up that he just needs to get a goal, get something really good under his belt, and he'll take off. I think we saw the start of it. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that note, Cunningham is getting a bit silly out there with his diving.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus christ he scores and apparently hes worth re-evaluating

g0t colin samuel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    jesus christ he scores and apparently hes worth re-evaluating

g0t colin samuel?
    who ate all the pies?

(i miss those jokes)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw flush pickin up his t shirts after the game last night.

All in all I dont see the point of the thread. we all love DANNY D.

All we really want it to win.

Had we lost last night it would not have been as good.

Danny D and RICKETTS HELPED US WIN.

GOD BLESS THEM

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldbeer View Post
    who ate all the pies?

(i miss those jokes)
    I don't, but they were funny while they lasted though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I must admit I was down on Ricketts to start. And rightfully so in my opinion. He didn't really show much when he started out. But he has learned a little bit about this league and over the last few games, he has picked up his play and played amazing yesterday!

See I waited until 2 games in to comment on Ricketts and people were tearing him up. I actually thought, aside from fitness wise, that he hasn't really put in a terrible game yet. His first few games were definitely adjustment but there were positives from the get go. His ability to hold the ball up and find an outlet going forward. His ability to beat defenders when he feels the need be. His PASSING! His little touches to battle through 3+ defenders.

The guy is pure class, always battles with heart and seems to love playing here (and why not, I'm sure he didn't get this much attention in Engerland).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe when a player puts in a brace against a relative minnow and is hailed for his efforts like all his past lack of success doesn't count, it's called the "English NT Effect."

Good for him. I hope it continues, and I hope he proves me wrong. But he hasn't "silenced doubters weekly" yet. Just for one week. I mean, where was he last week? In a game so dire that TFC @ MLS haven't even written up a recap of the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I actually thought, aside from fitness wise, that he hasn't really put in a terrible game yet.
    I don't think people have been uniformly calling him terrible. That's not the point. It's that according to the extent of his pedigree, the amount certain people here have built him up, and that he makes more than Amado Guevara, he should be performing like he those are all true. Last night was the first night you could ever say that was true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On that note, personally I think using Guevara and Ricketts as a salary comparison is useless. Guevara walked away from the league, so no surprise he took a hit in salary. We had to attract Ricketts from England, like Robinson and therefore had to pay a price for it. Doesn't mean he is or isn't better than Guevara because we paid more for him.