View Poll Results: Who gets the armband for 2010?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jimmy B keeps it!

65 31.10%
  • DeRo

97 46.41%
  • DeGuz

24 11.48%
  • Other

23 11.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Who should get the armband for 2010?

Yep, another poll.... I thought this will give us a better idea of who we'd like to see as a group rather than individual opinion.

Cheers,
    D.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whos the captain for the nats?
    Stalteri?
    Have DeRo or DeGuzman ever been captain before?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ hence an option for keeping Jimmy B or "other"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomez

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DeRo doesn't strike me as captain material.

Especially when all you hear about him lately is issues with salary.

De Guzman appears to be more of a leader to me than DeRo, but you give him the armband and that's going to open another can of worms.

I voted for "other" and just came to the realization that TFC doesn't have any leaders.

I say give it to Nana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that Brennan has been re-signed it is only fair that he retain his captaincy. Let the man retire with dignity and then appoint another skipper...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo, Montreal game. That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana, Sanyang or Cronin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give it to Nick Garcia...WHO IS STILL ON THIS TEAM !!!!! how is that possible ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to have a leader that leads by example. DeRo gets my vote. This is only if Jimmy B steps down. I don't think striping him of the armband does any good at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

judging by the way DeRo reacted to JDG getting the DP slot, I can't imagine he'd be happy with JDG being picked captain over him, aswell. that is of course if DeRo cares about being captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy is fine by me.
    A lot of issues need to be addressed, but I see no reason to stir this up in any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind Jimmy keeping it, given that there's little reason to appoint another.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy. If only cos there's no really good candidate i can think of to take it off him right now.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jimmy had a bad year last season and his man marking was atrocious at times but the man has a heart of a lion. he's done so much for the squad since it's inception and in my books he's earned his captaincy. for petes sake he once played out of position and with broken ribs for us. i'd put him at left mid to let him focus more on the attack and thus limiting his defensive responsibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero is my natural choice.. He's a voice in the locker room (good or bad) and a presence in the game . although keeping status quo just to preserve bad vibes is good aswell..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all we know Brennan is the leader in the locker room, captaincy isn't just based on who scores the most goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At minimum the captain has to be part of the starting 11. Surely that rules out Jimmy B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy B seems like a good guy, but i dont think hes good enough to be a captain, he wont be playing as much this year, he wont be a starting 11 for most games.

Also seems he couldnt keep the team together this passed season as it was seen having players fighting amongst themselfs off the field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    DeRo doesn't strike me as captain material.

Especially when all you hear about him lately is issues with salary.

De Guzman appears to be more of a leader to me than DeRo, but you give him the armband and that's going to open another can of worms.

I voted for "other" and just came to the realization that TFC doesn't have any leaders.

I say give it to Nana.
    +1 there Vic!!
    Pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.
    KD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to say JDG. He has the most experience playing internationally for good clubs in a good league. He plays in the middle of the park between defence and attack so has a good vantage point of the game and what is going on around him. He has good ball retention skills which should allow him to control more of the game and and act on what he is wanting the team to do rather than just saying it, he should also be able to calm the team down a bit when under pressure and this has been missing I feel. He is definitely in the top two players at the club and he is paid the most, for me it would be a bit weird to pay a guy top dollar and not have him as captain when he is a definite candidate to be one.

I love DeRo and I have seen him drag the team to victories in the past, that is definitely captain material. I just feel that DeRo will always be a big player and big voice for the club no matter what and I don't feel he needs the arm band to continue this. I would not want TFC to become exclusively the DeRo show and I feel it would be a bit like that if he got the arm band. Other players have got to prove more influential for the team to develop and i think giving the arm band to JDG would have a positive affect for the whole team. DeRo will still continue to fight the teams causes without the arm band and he will probably be able to do it better by not being captain as he will not have managment in his ear about stuff as much.

As for Brennan i am shocked he is still even being considered. In my opinion he is not captain material, his performances are usually mediocre at best and other players look to their captain to inspire and for me he does not deliver. I stand next to a couple of guys in the south stand who hate him and shout abuse at him every game and it drives me nuts, he does not deserve that, he tries his best and has the clubs interests at heart. His downfall is that he is simply not a very good player and by being captain he is an even bigger target for the boo boys. I expect he might do better without the burden of the arm band and perhaps contribute more than he has done the past couple of seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figured it fit in here:

THE CANADIAN PRESS
    Dwayne De Rosario, who had a falling out with former Canadian coach Dale Mitchell, has been handed the captain's armband by new coach Stephen Hart for Sunday's exhibition soccer game in Jamaica.

Gixmo

Maybe DeGuz, Maybe Serioux, Maybe Robbo....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta go with Barrett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why the hell should Deguz get it the guy is only here for the big payday and no one eles wanted him for that money...

Dero may be the best player and got the most goals but the guy is a ball hog and that shows lack of trust in his team mates and that he only care for himself...

yeah jimmy had a bad year and maybe he ain't the biggest loudest player out there but who said you have to be, just look at stevie Y... one of the best captians that there ever was..

if ain't jimmy someone eles other then those 2...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the other boys play for Brennan. They may play for de Rosario or de Guzman.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the lineup. If Jimmy B has a full role this year, let him keep it. If he's gunna be a bench player, which is the most likely situation, If that's the case, it goes to Robbo, if he's starting. Again, not likely.

In the end of the day, it'll be going to someone who's not really a leader. The only other captain I see on the lineup is Nick Garcia, which is sad.

I can see Sam Cronin captaining this side, but not now. He's much too young. Stefan Frei same story, but he doesn't command a lot either.

As of right now, I'd hand it to De Rosario just because he carries this team, and if I remember correctly, those games that Jimmy came off and Robbo wasn't playing, De Ro got the band. Is he the right man? Maybe not. But he's the best we got.

I'd love to grab Stalteri, that would solve a lot of issues. New captain, good, solid, Canadian center back....get on it Mo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    Maybe DeGuz, Maybe Serioux, Maybe Robbo....?
    I voted DeRo but you have a point there with the much overlooked Carl Robinson. Wasn't he "co-captain" or something like that at one point? It'd be a shame if his contribution was taken for granted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The captain has to be a guy that the veterans respect and the young guys aspire to become. He also has to have the ability to be diplomatic with the officials and not be a whiner with them.

That rules out pretty much everybody except DeGuzman and nobody really knows what we're going to get from him.

I say we captain by committee until somebody shows they deserve it.

Personally...I would never play for a captain with the skill set that Jimmy B or Robbo, or one with an attitude like DeRo...so what do you have left?

Tough decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    The captain has to be a guy that the veterans respect and the young guys aspire to become. He also has to have the ability to be diplomatic with the officials and not be a whiner with them.

That rules out pretty much everybody except DeGuzman and nobody really knows what we're going to get from him.

I say we captain by committee until somebody shows they deserve it.

Personally...I would never play for a captain with the skill set that Jimmy B or Robbo, or one with an attitude like DeRo...so what do you have left?

Tough decision.
    100% agree with that statement. DeRo, to me, seems very full of himself. He often talks about his own stats, and even when he talks about the team, it still has to do with his own stats (ie. making the playoffs every single season)