Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Replay?? Who the fuck is watching the replay...if you were at the stadium watching the game, you can clearnly see that he had several options to pass. Actually in general, if you are watching the game, you'll see this guy chooses to take on the team rather than pass teammate.

Guys on here have stated it could be the lack of confidence the team has in certain players, or it could just be how he plays.

Either way, the point of the thread is to get other people, who watch the game, to chime in on this topic.

The TFC cocksucking thread where TFC cant do no wrong is elsewhere.

thanks,
    Couldn't find the cocksucking thread so I came back to this one. I understand the point you are making however I hardly think it is cut and dry. I like the fact that sometimes a player just wants to have a go at it and he does that. I don't think that making that decision and either a) losing the ball al together OR b) taking a shot and missing completely with a wide open player in the box suddenly makes him a ball hog.

He clearly also tries to distribute on many occasions and is sometimes successful sometimes not.

Side note, I realize the thread opening comment was a bit harsh, I simply was agreeing to disagree that RR is a "ball hog". Likewise on the cocksucking comment, I am responding to one thread in disagreement, not spreading joy and cheer around the entire forum so ease up a bit. I have been a critic where I felt it was necessary also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little while ago, I started a thread discussing this sort of thing. Basically, the argument went that although Cunningham looks useless for 90% of the time, he did have a goal every 1.6 games this season, which is pretty good.

After Saturday's match, that's down to a goal per 1.9 games which still isn't shabby but I worry about Cunningham and the preoccupation of him getting #100. It might result in decisions that aren't ultimately the best for the team. You can understand him trying to get it and his teammates trying to get a pass to him, that's only human nature but like I said, it could result in poor decisions (or sub-optimal ones).

I just hope he gets his #100 as soon as possible so we can get rid of this worry and it'll look better when the time to trade him has come (the prestige of a 100-goal scorer - hopefully other teams won't notice the prestige of being 1000-goal misser).
    Last edited by Lucky Strike; 06-16-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed that Dichio has 10 shots on goal for five goals, plus two assists, while Cunny has 17 for 3 , not assissts, not terrible but it is likely helped that most of his missess do not end "on goal", or like he did on Saturday he simply squaners the opporunity by taking to much time. I am not anti-Cunnigham but he does seem to be out of sorts this year, and has certainly not made the most of his opportunities. It is like the team is playing at a mid table Championship caliber, while he is stook in Mid table MLS mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    I'd rather people hold the ball than get it to Cunningham.
    I have to agree...
    It's frustrating watching him play.. he puts out about 40% of effort on the pitch. He either seems lazy or frustrated. He can't time his runs properly. He puts a bit of an effort to win the ball, but after losing out, he just stays back. Maybe I'm just spoilt by the Euros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Cunny isnt working out, he's had his chance (In fact he's had chances in the double figures)

How long before we stop 'giving him the chance to prove he can capitalise on his chances'

It's nonsense now, Edson Buddle would have scored MUCH more than he has, and we never gave that guy a chance at all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    ^^ Cunny isnt working out, he's had his chance (In fact he's had chances in the double figures)

How long before we stop 'giving him the chance to prove he can capitalise on his chances'

It's nonsense now, Edson Buddle would have scored MUCH more than he has, and we never gave that guy a chance at all.
    Bang on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone wants to press the net and make something happen, more power to him. I'd much rather our guys get aggressive and take some shots than play a namby game of back-and-forth in the name of "team work".

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^QFT

One of the biggest problems this team has had is lack of aggressiveness in the final third. I am glad we are seeing some shots on net. The ironic part of this is that it's our midfield that is outshining our forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    They tried so hard yesterday to feed Cunny for his 100 goal,but Cunny "the c*nt" couldn't score if his life was depending on it.
    RR did great job,and as far I'm concern as long Carver doesn't bitch about this he can hold the ball till Christmas if he wants.
    That and the dive is why Carver at Lombardo ready to go on during stoppage time. He was apparently extremely pissed off at Cunningham.