Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

havent had an issue since last year, everyone coming in the section this year has been standing although the turds in the first 4 rows of section 116 are still sitting all game

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its great to stand, although having a metal stand would be much better to stand on for 90 mins and be able to jump up and down on compared to the concrete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    havent had an issue since last year, everyone coming in the section this year has been standing although the turds in the first 4 rows of section 116 are still sitting all game
    r u kidding, we are never sitting... what part of 116 are u referring to 116/115 or 116/117?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    This is a better solution than a net and higher security. I'm all for it, but I wont surrender the control of my tickets to anybody, nor do I feel I should have to.

I want the security of knowing that as long as I'm paying, those seats belong to me and my son, whoever runs the supporters groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    I think the only way this would happen would be if they put in a new stand in the north. Its a good idea.... but...

i don't consider myself a rpb per-say - although i post and go on the odd road trip - i'm just a supporter of the team. so does that mean i'd be excluded from a stand w/ allotments to supporters groups? even though i stand, jump, and sing myself hoarse every week, and make banners for my section? just b/c i'm not affiliated?

a thought to add to what imo is a good idea if its done right
    All things being equal, I would rather keep control of my seats. But, if having a supporter's group take over my seats would avoid nets/cages/prohibition...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    TFC should put a disclaimer on the Supporters tickets so that newbies understand that if you want to sit, and be quiet, SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN!
    Like...ummm, Rogers Centre maybe?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I asked some guy in 112 playing the bongo to sit down. Wouldn't stop singing and chanting all game long. You wouldn't imagine the rude response I got. Some people....
    that's funny.... I always have problems with that dude too.
    Plus the only word I could pick out of the spanish was 'shiite'.

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a better solution than a net and higher security. I'm all for it, but I wont surrender the control of my tickets to anybody, nor do I feel I should have to.

I want the security of knowing that as long as I'm paying, those seats belong to me and my son, whoever runs the supporters groups.

Dude, you can't have it both ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Dude, you can't have it both ways.
    I know that, I'm just pointing out that if I was expected to surrender my tickets, I would want to be reseated elsewhere in the stadium,so that nobody can 'muscle me out of' the seats I'm entitled to, when they decide they dont like my opinions on the internet.

It's all very well having this $25 exclusive card that gets you into Shoeless, and a message board with a members only section, a badge and a scarf, but when you get free reign over the supporters section, and the right to decide who gets to go in it, where does that power stop? You cant tell me it wouldnt be abused, and degenerate into favouritism and power tripping.

This would be a great way for those who didnt get tickets on time to politically remove STH from their seats as well.

Those are my concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think perhaps the supporters having say 20-40seats in the section to distribute amoungst themselves would be fair.
    That way the STH keep their seats, but the other seats belong to the supporters.
    Just an idea...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that, I'm just pointing out that if I was expected to surrender my tickets, I would want to be reseated elsewhere in the stadium,so that nobody can 'muscle me out of' the seats I'm entitled to, when they decide they dont like my opinions on the internet.

It's all very well having this $25 exclusive card that gets you into Shoeless, and a message board with a members only section, a badge and a scarf, but when you get free reign over the supporters section, and the right to decide who gets to go in it, where does that power stop? You cant tell me it wouldnt be abused, and degenerate into favouritism and power tripping.

This would be a great way for those who didnt get tickets on time to politically remove STH from their seats as well.

Those are my concerns.

I get ya man. I would assume that as long as you are a 'member' of the particular supporters club than you couldn't have your seats moved from the section you have tickets in. But if someone didn't want to be a part of the SC, and still wanted to stay, sorry tough luck you have to take seats somewhere else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    I'd gladly trade my seasons to one of these scalpers for theirs. I love my seats as I can see the whole pitch and can stand the whole game as I'm last row, but to have the chance to be in the midst of that section would take my game day experience from amazing to surreal.
    we love to have you in lower 114....the two seats to the left of me are corperate seats..BMO employes from what i have been told, never the same people there twice in a row...employees of the week get them
    last year a lady game with her other half and said she didn't really want to be here but they had free tickets and didn't want them to go to waste!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a ticket in 219, the closest I've ever been to the supporters section. That section better be fucking standing

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    we love to have you in lower 114....the two seats to the left of me are corperate seats..BMO employes from what i have been told, never the same people there twice in a row...employees of the week get them
    last year a lady game with her other half and said she didn't really want to be here but they had free tickets and didn't want them to go to waste!!!

I can't believe you are actually in my section. What are your thoughts on the Ultras?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if someone didn't want to be a part of the SC, and still wanted to stay, sorry tough luck you have to take seats somewhere else.
    And therein lies the rub (apologies to Shakespeare).

Cue the GBH charges.

SG’s would be best to focus on obtaining first right to seats made available through non-renewals and relocations. Longer term but much less hostile.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe you are actually in my section. What are your thoughts on the Ultras?
    they are pretty cool in the 114 area, they help get the place jumping.
    we need more chanting though, i was the only one in the first row singing and chanting, i get to the point where i just wanna give up...i need more
    voices to drown me out i canna sing worth a shit!!! row 20....,
    not bad..

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    you're preaching to the choir buddy.

everyone on here knows the score.

QFT.

I hope that this thread does not set a precedent. my season's are not in the south end, but I try my drandest to get a ticket, and get over there. . . .

Darndest.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to be totally self serving and a ridiculous request, but MLSE should contact season ticket holders in the Supporters Section and ask if they want to move out of there to a "quieter" section of the stadium. Then, you have a list of people who WANT to move there and do a ticket exchange.

It's a win/win situation.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The south end should be managed by supporter groups, but I can only see that happening until the stadium is expanded.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to be totally self serving and a ridiculous request, but MLSE should contact season ticket holders in the Supporters Section and ask if they want to move out of there to a "quieter" section of the stadium. Then, you have a list of people who WANT to move there and do a ticket exchange.

best idea to date....
    Last edited by mighty_torontofc_2008; 11-25-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consolidation of the supporters throughout the stadium will do HUGE things for the atmosphere.

My only gripe with the limited capacity is that I knew this problem would arise.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to get in any way I can/ I've got tickets in 110, but I try generally to get into 113 somewhere. I like the idea of consolidating the Supporters in the south end, get rid of the dead weight. It would be nice to get it going from 112-118.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    I try to get in any way I can/ I've got tickets in 110, but I try generally to get into 113 somewhere. I like the idea of consolidating the Supporters in the south end, get rid of the dead weight. It would be nice to get it going from 112-118.
    That would be the best situation. But like I said, the stadium would have to expand first.

With 112-118 filled with supporters we could control the world!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post

I'm the first Four rows of that section, and I do stand for the majority of the game. Why is it that you think you should be able to dictate how people should show their support? I realize that there are some people in our section that rather sit and watch and get up when the feel the time is right, what is your issue with that? Let people do what they want, as long as they're not being an asshole to anyone who fucking cares. You stand for 90 min good for you, nothing you say or do will change they way some people choose to support.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're in the south end and we are supposed to set the example. Sing and stand for the full 90. There are plenty of other people who will fill the role needed and help the club get motivated while providing atmosphere. There are other sections that will accommodate you and the others.

Part time supporter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh grow up

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCFan1977 View Post
    I'm the first Four rows of that section, and I do stand for the majority of the game. Why is it that you think you should be able to dictate how people should show their support? I realize that there are some people in our section that rather sit and watch and get up when the feel the time is right, what is your issue with that? Let people do what they want, as long as they're not being an asshole to anyone who fucking cares. You stand for 90 min good for you, nothing you say or do will change they way some people choose to support.
    People take issue for a couple reasons.

1. The south end is supposed to be for the supporters groups whos hard work in creating the atmosphere that the whole stadium enjoys. If everyone in the south end took a 'ill stand when I feel its appropriate' attitude then it would be exactly like the rest of the stadium and BMO wouldnt be able to make their stupid commerical.

2. Just like standing, sitting is contagious. Someone a few rows back sees you sitting down and thinks 'well I would like to sit down too but these assholes in front of me want to stand all game. Im going to ask them to sit down or complain to a steward'. People sitting down will invariably think the people standing in front of them, obstructing their view are being assholes. This is a slow gradual process that could corrode the atmosphere that the people in the south end work so hard to create.
    Last edited by ilikemusic; 06-18-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do whatever you want, but as ilikemusic said, don't come to the Supporter's end and try that. There are plenty of other sections that will accomodate that if you like.(pretty much the rest of the stadium) And the reason 'Well the tickets are cheaper" there doesn't wash...they are cheaper because they are supposed to be occupied by supporters, not just someone who wants to take in a game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to sit get a ticket outside the supporters section, the majority of people in the first 4 rows of 116 dont even bother singing and clapping most of the game. And it bothers the people behind you because it takes away from the experience of being in the supporters section. Next time you're sitting in the middle of the game turn around, look to you left, look to your right, you'll realize that you and the few people around you are the only ones sitting in the entire supporters section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    r u kidding, we are never sitting... what part of 116 are u referring to 116/115 or 116/117?
    i think "the first 4 rows of 116" is pretty clear on what part of section 116 I am talking about, there are a couple people who stand but the majority of people in the first rows are sitting most of the game, i dont that as long as they would sing. If you're one of the few standing tell the people around you to stand up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it hilarious every time "East Side Stand Up" start. These asses get up, stand until the chant ends, then sit right back down in unison. I fucking hate it. The chants aren't hard to do outside of a couple of them I'm still trying to pick up. These are the same people who turn around and look at me like I'm a fucking lunatic when I'm chanting. Granted, I'm wearing a soccer ball hat and a hula skirt with a US flag hanging behind me*, so they have their reasons.

*(I do it to represent the US guys. Please don't get on me for it. I love this team and sing O Canada right along with you guys. It is in NO WAY a disrespectful gesture. If you want to discuss this with me either positive or negative, please PM me. I don't want the thread to get off topic.)
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]