Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    You're in the south end and we are supposed to set the example. Sing and stand for the full 90. There are plenty of other people who will fill the role needed and help the club get motivated while providing atmosphere. There are other sections that will accommodate you and the others.

Part time supporter?
    Part time Supporter, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you on what is or isn't a supporter. Regardless of what people think or do, your always going to get some people in the south end that don't want to stand for the whole game end of story. I understand that some of you feel that it take away from the atmosphere, but at the end of the day you will never be able to dictate what people should be doing and how they do it.

I have encouraged some people to stand for the duration of the game, and some refuse. As they have every right to. I would love for everyone to be on their feet cheering the club on to victory for 90 mins, but some where people who purchased tickets as soon as this club was announced. Now they sit in the section that they feel is in line with their budget, sadly it's in the supporters section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCFan1977 View Post
    Part time Supporter, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you on what is or isn't a supporter. Regardless of what people think or do, your always going to get some people in the south end that don't want to stand for the whole game end of story. I understand that some of you feel that it take away from the atmosphere, but at the end of the day you will never be able to dictate what people should be doing and how they do it.

I have encouraged some people to stand for the duration of the game, and some refuse. As they have every right to. I would love for everyone to be on their feet cheering the club on to victory for 90 mins, but some where people who purchased tickets as soon as this club was announced. Now they sit in the section that they feel is in line with their budget, sadly it's in the supporters section.
    I hate pissing matches on what "a real supporter is" too, but come on, standing for 90 minutes for TFC in the supporters section isn't a debatable topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    I hate pissing matches on what "a real supporter is" too, but come on, standing for 90 minutes for TFC in the supporters section isn't a debatable topic.

So What can really be done about the issue? Forcing people to sell their tickets and buy more expensive seats isn't an option for some. Maybe some of those people around me are at their limit. In time if the ticket prices increase those people will no longer be able to afford to go to the games. That's the only way I see some of them giving up their seats.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could just stand up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could just stand up
    They could or they could do as they choose.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty lame shit to do in the south end and to me is just a notch down from throwing bottles on the pitch. One will get us a net in front of us, the other is an atmosphere killer.

olegunnar

What if someone chose to act inappropriately in 227 (the family section) would that be okay too?

Certain sections have certain rules and expectations of behaviour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty lame shit to do in the south end and to me is just a notch down from throwing bottles on the pitch. One will get us a net in front of us, the other is an atmosphere killer.

I agree throw shit on the field is lame, but I hardly think that a few rows of people who choose to sit at times are effecting the atmosphere of the entire south end. I know it doesn't help the cause. I'm not sure if you noticed but the first row in our section are different people every week, how do you propose we deal with that?

Like I said, I choose to stand, but you will never be able to ensure that 100% of the south end is standing!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    What if someone chose to act inappropriately in 227 (the family section) would that be okay too?

Certain sections have certain rules and expectations of behaviour.
    Sure, if you like? But don't be surprised when Security asks you to leave?

The Club isn't dictating that people are required to stand in this section you are.

The funny thing is, I'm playing devils advocate on this issue. I would love to see the whole southend standing, but how can it be accomplished, that's the question? People that write on these boards that people should be removed from that section and moved to another, are not being realistic. What is your solution? Anyone?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree throw shit on the field is lame, but I hardly think that a few rows of people who choose to sit at times are effecting the atmosphere of the entire south end. I know it doesn't help the cause. I'm not sure if you noticed but the first row in our section are different people every week, how do you propose we deal with that?

Like I said, I choose to stand, but you will never be able to ensure that 100% of the south end is standing!!

Its not going to happen by admitting defeat either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Its not going to happen by admitting defeat either.

So that's your answer? I try and encourage people to participate, but what do you do when they don't?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's your answer? I try and encourage people to participate, but what do you do when they don't?
    Annoy them by yelling 'who are ya?' in their face?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Annoy them by yelling 'who are ya?' in their face?
    Thanks but no thanks, I've already had my run in with Security! Not worth my tickets!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always throw streamers at their beer and swear at them. I hear that works real well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    You could always throw streamers at their beer and swear at them. I hear that works real well!
    Next!!!!

The People your referring to don't drink beer!

olegunnar

Or you could light up a smoke next to them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice fat cheap cigar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could smoke something else beside them, perhaps then they'll loosen up???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we just need the people in row 1 to stand up, then everyone else will be forced to stand up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    TFC should put a disclaimer on the Supporters tickets so that newbies understand that if you want to sit, and be quiet, SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN!
    I agree 100%!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does amaze me that if you complain about wankers who throw shit at the players, you are labelled a 'crybaby'

Yet the people who use that term whine endlessly about people who sit down, or dont chant, or wear something that isnt TFC related.

Suck it up, whiners, watch the fucking game and let the police and security deal with them.

tfc88

people sit in the southend?!?! I was unaware as I'm too busy jumping up and down screaming my head off with all the rowdies in 112

seriously tho I would have no problem giving those wanks a few "who are ya's"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tell them to fuck off, I mean it is the southend!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no problem with fans who want to sit thats fine..but i enjoy standing and thats what i will continue to do

Heathen

Simple solution just tell them you can'tt sit because you've got severe case of haemmarhoids, to make it even more convincing showthem a tube of Preparation H and say "You might need to help me put this on the hard to reach spots"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ YES!!! the be all end all solution

TO DEVILS

Sure does, and you are living proof.