Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    The one thing I will say is that last years team was definitely good enough to make the playoffs on paper. What killed TFC was not coming together well as a team and for tailing off at the end of matches.
    That isn't to say I didn't want lots of new players coming in but this team is good enough to be a top team and they just didn't play like it when it really counted. That was what frustrated me the most about last season.

Didn't TFC finish with the same amount of points as RSL last year? Of course, RSL lost their young guy in Movisiyan. Have they replaced him?

Maybe there are lots of young, qualfied guys out there whose agents will sign them with TFC for multiple-year contracts. Afterall, it is what, the 43rd best league in the world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I must admit, I'm not impressed by the new additions to the team thus far. I guess Mo feels our squad is strong enough as it is. Hope he's right.
    Or he's having a hard time of getting players?

Our core is okay, not great. But I am kind of worried about DeRo though. Hopefully his issue with money doesn't affect his game on the field.

As for trialists, hard to say how they're doing right now. I guess we got to wait for Disney tournament (which is on TV, right?) to see how they play against MLS teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know enough about the current trialists to comment on them (except for Dickov, maybe). What I am concerned about is that a number of other MLS teams are bringing into their camps some interesting talent that appears to be above the average for MLS while we aren't doing the same. I thought with Preki coming in we would see some interesting new faces in camp. If Mo and the scouts think what we have is good enough, they should review last years game tapes, because it isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    What I am concerned about is that a number of other MLS teams are bringing into their camps some interesting talent that appears to be above the average for MLS
    what players have other teams brought in that are above the average for MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We get too caught up in bringing in 'name brand' players. We did this in the past...don't forget about Laurent Robert and Rohan Ricketts....and it didn't work out. Oh yeah.....what about Kiki.

Just because we don't see these players on skysports, doesn't mean they aren't serviceable MLS players.
    Last edited by Nuvinho; 02-14-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N8HAsTkG7E

Ishcia Junior - I think its Junior Ischia

Left Winger - not very impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ON TRIAL!!!

Bobby Moore could trial, rest his soul, and probably run circles around most of the MLS.

It's not a signing for Fucks sake!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ok, your post is so self-contradictory it basically supports my point.

"For a striker he was never great but he was a constant menace to other teams."

His scoring record clearly indicates that all he does is menace. He's a support striker, much better at creating backline problems and setting up other players than scoring.

"He was no world beater and his international caps speaks volumes about his overall talent as Scotland has not been blessed with great strikers for quite some time but none the less he has still achieved a lot and he has more than fulfilled his potential."

So, he didn't set the world on fire, he made the Scottish team on the back of it having weak strikers and he still achieved his potential?

All this without scoring goals? What the hell is he going to offer us at 37, then, exactly?

Oh yeah, leadership, also known at the Nick Garcia Method of Player Recruitment (tm).

It's not that he wasn't a half decent player in his time. It's just that a) he's well past prime and b) we can do much better.

Or, maybe Mo can't. Maybe that's what this is actually demonstrating.
    Eh no, he is a player who has had a great career and did fulfill his potential. He accomplished a lot for the skills he had, all he really had going for him was his excellent work rate. You are saying he did not fulfill his potential yet he managed a career in the premiership for many years, played for Man City, Arsenal and Scotland, all based on a good work ethic and not much more. How is that not fulfilling his potential exactly? There are better players than Dickov who have not managed to have a career as good as his. How did he not fulfill his potential when his potential was limited to begin with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    We get too caught up in bringing in 'name brand' players. We did this in the past...don't forget about Laurent Robert and Rohan Ricketts....and it didn't work out. Oh yeah.....what about Kiki.

Just because we don't see these players on skysports, doesn't mean they aren't serviceable MLS players.
    Robert might have worked if the rest of the team gave a fuck, TFC needs a kick in the ass by a prick of a coach. Discipline, Discipline, Discipline, that's what wins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    ON TRIAL!!!

Bobby Moore could trial, rest his soul, and probably run circles around most of the MLS.

It's not a signing for Fucks sake!!
    +1

Lighten up people. All teams bring in players for a look-see. It doesn't mean they're going to be signed. Relax!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Robert might have worked if the rest of the team gave a fuck, TFC needs a kick in the ass by a prick of a coach. Discipline, Discipline, Discipline, that's what wins.
    A big +1.

A Priki of a coach perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    Eh no, he is a player who has had a great career and did fulfill his potential. He accomplished a lot for the skills he had, all he really had going for him was his excellent work rate. You are saying he did not fulfill his potential yet he managed a career in the premiership for many years, played for Man City, Arsenal and Scotland, all based on a good work ethic and not much more. How is that not fulfilling his potential exactly? There are better players than Dickov who have not managed to have a career as good as his. How did he not fulfill his potential when his potential was limited to begin with?
    Ok, I get what you're saying. Good point. Still, not sure his having had a good career relative to his skill helps us much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enough of the negativity about certain OLD players....hahahaha!!!

After 2 games, with lack of video or game information....who of the trialists seem to be invited back maybe for another look? Mind you that trialists will always try twice as hard as players with contracts, so we don't really know how good they are, plus they are playing against college kids.

Kayizzi - If he is cheap to get, good bench player?
    Gargan - seems to play a few positions
    Garcia - oh damn...he isn't a trialist..we have that guy on our roster...sigh!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kayizzi and Gargan both sound like they've done really well . Gabe Gala, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Gala graduated school yet? If he has, then he could get more playing time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep happy to hear about gabe, wonder if we will hear about more trialists in upcoming weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gabe Gala did well?

Awesome, I'm a big Gala fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know anything about Ischia Junior?
    i think hes from argentina...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter Gilstrap's old team, Maritzberg United, is in the news again
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...global&cc=5901
    Looks like they are a mess

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    anyone know anything about Ischia Junior?
    i think hes from argentina...
    Yes he is,there is a comment on TFC site:

Ojala pueda quedarse uno de los nuevos jugadores que se estan probando, Junior Ischia. Lo vi jugar en Argentina, en Velez e Independiente y es un buen jugador y le deseo mucha suerte. Gracias, Raulito.

http://www.eleco.com.ar/index.php?ac...d_noticia=4792

Now if someone know Spanish or have a time for google translate you can find out more about him.

Midfielder?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCRegina View Post
    Gabe Gala did well?

Awesome, I'm a big Gala fan.
    i'd be if he wasn't lazy and hadnt screwed over Laurentian 2 years in a row

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Now if someone know Spanish or have a time for google translate you can find out more about him.

Midfielder?
    i think so, i dont know spanish but i think someone said jugador is an attacking midfield of sorts, looks like TFC has connections with Independiente and Velez now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Draws attention to this note that appeared in the sports daily Ole in Argentina because rarely a player born on Colombian soil, these nationalist sentiments expressed so gripping. For example, Carlos Fernando Navarro Montoya, after wearing the national team in the qualifiers for 1986 World Championships, said he was sorry because he had cut short the ability to slip into the shirt to defend the Argentine arch.
    Walter Perazzo is another case.

Auncuando never spoke on bad terms in Colombia, when he touched his ability to slip into the national team chose not to engage.And military term selection in Argentina that was in some Odesur Games. Therefore, we highlight the statements in this boy 17 years old, in given case, have been integral to the Selección Colombia Sub 17 has just won the fourth place in the World Championships held in
    Finland

He is the son of Carlos Ischia, a joint steering happened in the 80s for Atletico Junior and America, distinguished for his chivalrous and generous athletic physical expression in the field.Now is the coach of Velez Sarsfield, after making his first 'toddle' for some years as an assistant Carlos Bianchi.
    Let us note the Diario Deportivo Ole in Argentina:
    Junior Ischia, the son of Charles, has two wishes: "Playing in the First of Velez and the selection ... of Colombia." It trains with the team coached by his dad.
    "Y. .. My dream is to play in the selection and out champion." The phrase belongs to Diego Armando Maradona, when he was a henpecked husband.And you can hear in almost every film in which he appears as a protagonist.

There is one more sentence.

And since that time dreamed Diego, now it's up to Junior Ischia, the son of Charles.

Of course, although the

If Junior were two desires at once: "My dream is to play in the First of Velez and the selection of Colombia ..." he confesses.

Huh?!

Dream I.

When Junior was born on 19 March 1986, Carlos played in the Junior de Barranquilla-no coincidence that his son bearing that name.

And as the DT now not want to be away from Barbara, his wife, Leticia, and Luciana, her two older daughters, decided that the only male in the family born in Colombia.

So, Junior clung to its roots.

"If I feel like the oddball of the family? Ja ... Not at all. I'm proud to be Colombian.

Although I only lived there two years, is a country that I like, "says Junior, who does not hesitate to acknowledge that when they face Argentina and Colombia, encourages the team who now runs Maturana.

- Would not you like playing with Saviola, Aimar, Riquelme ...?

"Yes, no doubt.

"But you choose the other path.

"Yes, your country is your country.

No returns.

Fijate for Shevchenko, who even said that his selection would never become champion.

So when Milan won the Champions League, for it was like winning the World Cup.

However, he always respected his nationality and play for Ukraine.

The kid has it clear.

Do not think of repentance as happened to Mono (see The desire ...).

That's it for now is not crossed his mind to emigrate to Argentina.

"Here I am comfortable. But do not dismiss the chance to go, or play in Colombia," he says.

Dream II.

Sixth Junior's age and until last week was training with its category (Asad Omar directs).

It is defined as "by left winger.

"But I can play side or hitch", he says.

Day to day fighting for a place in their division and the call of the old to train with the first surprised him.

"Maybe because I had many chances Sixth" he says.

He adds: "Now I try to leave everything not to disappoint my dad. I have more faith that I will get. I am encouraged, advised me ... Everything I do on the pitch is thanks to him."

"I must go step by step, as I said Merlo" he adds.

And no mistakes.

He looks calm.

Junior tries to use this experience to the fullest.

Maybe for a few days or weeks ....

but him and nobody can take away from this dream, that is just beginning."

Apparently hes colombian and a left winger
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 02-15-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfielder?
    This might be the first time in history google translator worked properly:

Hopefully I can keep one of the new players are being tested,
    Junior Ischia. I saw him play in Argentina, Independiente and Velez and is a
    good player and I wish him luck. Thanks, Raulito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfielder?
    This article has nothing to do with TFC, its mainly talking about where hes going to be playing, and how is father at the time was coach of the Boca Juniors, now he is at Atlas.

However it does state that he is a central midfield player, but has played on the wings.

Guevara replacement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His actually name isnt Junior Ischia its Carlos Junior Ischia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like there's a bit of a disagreement between TFC and the Internets (Wikipedia/Fifa) on the spelling of Vincent's name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Kayizi

Unfortunately FIFA doesn't publish match reports for Ugandan friendly matches, however his name does appear in these World Cup Qualifying matches:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimi...00/report.html

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive...42/report.html

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive...40/report.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ross Smith has signed with Portland Timbers
    http://www.portlandtimbers.com/newsr...rticle_id=1532

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His 'official' name is Carlos Ischia Dusefante (Dusefante is his mother's name o/c), named als Carlos Ischia junior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had a dream last night that i was talking to some friends (we were on the road watching tfc play in preseason) and i was saying how terrible garcia was. he overheard me and came face to face with me and wanted me to explain me thoughts. my friends bolted from the area and i was left "telling him the truth" about his play. he seemed understanding (somewhat upset) but understanding and didn't have too much to say after.

just thought i would share...

gabe gala is solid! if preki really knows what he is doing, gala will be starting on the left wing this year! STARTING!!!

i have been a huge gala supporter since i first saw him in action a few years ago with the u-20 team. he is one of the most technically gifted young players we have in canada - he made some of the argentine players look silly in a friendly a couple of years ago.

remember he was teh only player to score against real madrid too! i have seen him practice and play. he is a hard working, technically sound, good crossing winger (something we lack) and will be a major part of this team - if not this year than next. unless he decides to move up - possibly to europe. he really just needs a chance and some playing time. they better get their wallets ready because when he's doing well, other teams will start knocking on the door.

what's the downside? he's a slight frame - needs to fill in up a bit and i'm not sure his attitude is just right. he is determined and passionate but seems like the kind of player that can put his foot in his mouth too. however, he has stuck with the team for quite a while - but maybe he didn't have any other options... who knows.

heard it here first - gabe gala starting left wing!