Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sanyang was in Florida for preseason along with another young Gambian, Ebrim Bojang. They had trained with Galaxy the previous summer. Gomez wasn't seen in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So one of the two anyways. Close enough.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

merged threads.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any news on Said?
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't' think "I'll reserve my comments" on him is much of an endorsement. In fact...eek, if anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did some checking and he was at Cape Town for only a year and a half, as a backup. Before that, he played most of his career in the Namibian domestic league, which is of exceedingly low quality.

Maybe he thinks he has something to prove after flaming out in South Africa, in a bigger league.

I'd also note that there are stories on this guy playing for the Namibian national team from, like, seven years ago. I wonder if he's older than actually advertised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"At the same time, free agent Namibia defender Maleagi Ngarizemo is on trial with Toronto FC.."

http://www.soccer365.com/us_news/story_3210134021.php

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Can't' think "I'll reserve my comments" on him is much of an endorsement. In fact...eek, if anything.
    thought the samething
    cant hurt to have him try out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting place for a trialist to come from - it's certainly unexpected. The more trialists the better though in pre-season. It can't hurt to have a look and I'm really glad the club is looking at Africa - it really is the way to go these days to find value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add Canadian U-20 keeper and WH Academy product Adam Street to the list:

http://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/8603965296

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adam Street on trial with TFC

Young Canadian Keeper

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp
    Stefan Frei mentions 'Adam'

"In case any1 is wondering who Stefan Frei is talking about as the 3rd goalie 'Adam' in TFC camp it is Canadian youngster Adam Street."

http://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/8603965296
    Kristian Jack confirms it's Adam Street he's Talking about.

Could be an interesting prospect and could eventually spell the end for Edwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or we will have 3 keepers, who is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u-23 player, I believe he's 18, was with West Ham Academy or Reserves. He played in a u-23 friendly in Florida last month against Honduras. He's from Brampton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Street is a nice keeper. Lots of potential. He and Robert Stillo (at Genoa in Serie A) are Canada's top 2 U20 GK propects.

I'm quite surprised to see him trialing with TFC. I'd always heard he was quite highly regarded at West Ham.

Very interesting turn of events.

Why would Adam come to Toronto to be 3rd keeper (in a league without a reserve league)? He gets to play games in England...He wouldn't get that same opportunity here, unless TFC plans to loan out players from the 1st team to its Academy squad in CSL (which would be a very good thing but I haven't heard anything like that).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    Street is a nice keeper. Lots of potential. He and Robert Stillo (at Genoa in Serie A) are Canada's top 2 U20 GK propects.

I'm quite surprised to see him trialing with TFC. I'd always heard he was quite highly regarded at West Ham.

Very interesting turn of events.

Why would Adam come to Toronto to be 3rd keeper (in a league without a reserve league)? He gets to play games in England...He wouldn't get that same opportunity here, unless TFC plans to loan out players from the 1st team to its Academy squad in CSL (which would be a very good thing but I haven't heard anything like that).
    I'd like to see that too. There was some talk of a new NCAA rule which would allow amateurs to play along side pros going into effect in August, so maybe that's the plan. I agree on the surface this seems a little strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he still with WH at this point? Maybe we're talking loan deal. Extreme scenario would be loan deal plus trading Frei.

Unfortunately for the three guys at camp, i have a hard time believing we'd carry three keepers. It would be hard for him to challenge Frei but I don't think it's a stretch to say he could bump Edwards. '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA1TNzrkyTg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    There could be a number of reasons for him wanting to trial with TFC, maybe he's home sick, or maybe he's anxious to sign a pro contract who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a west ham fan and he is top goalie in the reserve team, young lad with loads of promise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way TFC passes up signing this kid! West Ham still owns him though so Im guessing there would have to be a transfer fee... unless its a loan.

Boat loads of potential, England even wanted him and he suited up for their u16s in a friendly but came back to Canada for u17s. Btw he played for Canada for TWO u17 cycles... he was starting in U17 WCQs at 14. Anyways him along with Stillio at Genoa look to be Canada's two future GKs.

At only 18 his potential is a lot higher than Freis but you know how that goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also good to see two young Canadian keepers on trial.... Edwards should be gone no use in wasting an international spot on a 25 year old American keeper, who lets be honest here has no real future at TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trialists are my favourite part of the preseason. It's a lot of fun surfing the net trying to find out some details on them. Still surprised by this Adam Street news, seems it would be better professionally for him to be a reserve keeper with West Ham than TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Also good to see two young Canadian keepers on trial.... Edwards should be gone no use in wasting an international spot on a 25 year old American keeper, who lets be honest here has no real future at TFC
    Edwards has value. And at 25 he's just a baby as a keeper.
    I think he's a good guy to have around if Frei leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add to the list: Ibad Muhamadu (Dutch winger of FC Dordrecht).

Source: http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/ni...r_Toronto.html

wiki (Dutch) http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibad_Muhamadu

short translation of the article: TFC invited Muhamadu for a trial and is ready to pay a transfer sum after a succesfull trial. Dordrechts TD is ready to let him go for a week (starting feb. 16 so he can play a league match on feb. 15), but the coach doesn't want him to go at all...

What to say about the guy? He's a decent winger for a Dutch second divison club, coming from the FC Twente youth system (which is a very good youth system btw). I doubt he's good enough to be a regular MLS player, but he's worth the try at your side of the pond...

Greetings from Holland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The English version... LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibad_Muhamadu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try to update the 1st post as much as possible.

I will even colour code the players...if they are in camp (blue), left camp/failed (red), and signed (green)....hahaha!!!

Hopefully we'll see more blues and greens than reds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand we have a lot of trialists, but mashing this thing into one thread is kind of pointless. It at least gives us something to discuss in seperate threads without the discussion tripping all over itself.

It's not like the forum is exploding right now with new news.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I understand we have a lot of trialists, but mashing this thing into one thread is kind of pointless. It at least gives us something to discuss in seperate threads without the discussion tripping all over itself.

It's not like the forum is exploding right now with new news.
    Point taken, but the problem is that there are so many trialists/rumoured trialists that having a separate thread on each one would be impossible to manage. Besides, each thread would have like 4 posts. So we'd end up by the end of pre-season with 20 threads with 2-4 posts, plus 20 more threads because a particular trialist's thread moved from page 1, so someone starts another thread on the same trialist.

FWIW, the U-Sector are doing the same thing on their board (having one superthread that is stickied). http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...howtopic=12504
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-04-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC The Hague View Post
    Add to the list: Ibad Muhamadu (Dutch winger of FC Dordrecht).

Source: http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/ni...r_Toronto.html

wiki (Dutch) http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibad_Muhamadu

short translation of the article: TFC invited Muhamadu for a trial and is ready to pay a transfer sum after a succesfull trial. Dordrechts TD is ready to let him go for a week (starting feb. 16 so he can play a league match on feb. 15), but the coach doesn't want him to go at all...

What to say about the guy? He's a decent winger for a Dutch second divison club, coming from the FC Twente youth system (which is a very good youth system btw). I doubt he's good enough to be a regular MLS player, but he's worth the try at your side of the pond...

Greetings from Holland.
    The Soccer365 Grapevine

Dutch station RTV Rijnmond reports that Toronto FC are after FC Dordrecht striker Ibad Muhamadu..

http://www.soccer365.com/english_pre...5210120715.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    who is the other canadian keeper at camp?