Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto Police bugging U sector and our Flag Holders in front row????

What was up with that. The one cop would come over and kick the U-sector flags that were touching the ground. And than came over and chatted with our guys to. I wanted to knock him out. He was all of a sudden the boss on the field. Everything to this guy was a tripping hazzard or something.
    Anyways just wanted to rant a little bit

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is getting a bit too much with all those cops face it we live in a police state..with so many rules and laws somehow all around europe and even US there are are more crowed friendly then here....it is always us against them instead of working together for the good of the game here in T.O
    :scarf:TFC #1
    Legia Warszawa,Chelsea
    Away Trips: Columbus 08, DC 08,New England 09,Seattle 09, New York 09,New England 10

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I don't understand is this:

Why are there always about 10 cops in front of 112 when nothing ever comes flying from our section (other than streamers) and no one from 112 ever runs on the field.

Then in the east stand, you have morons running on the field and security is nowhere to be seen?!!! what's up with that???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Didn't one of those flying beer cups come from 112?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post

Why are there always about 10 cops in front of 112 when nothing ever comes flying from our section (other than streamers) and no one from 112 ever runs on the field.

Then in the east stand, you have morons running on the field and security is nowhere to be seen?!!! what's up with that???

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I don't think so...top of 113 maybe, or 114.

I shouldn't say never, but VERY rarely does anything stupid come flying from 112. (except off-key singing! ahahah)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wish they lay there hands off us. If were damaging the field fighting or something negative sure, but they don't need to show there pretend tuffness by kicking our flags and yes they are in the south corners a little to much. They have front row tables in the east side with people drinking beer ( it just seems that if you drink beer your a bad person) and no security there. I don't get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope all from 114 and 115! I sit 111 so I have a pretty good view from the side

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'll notice that in other parts of the world (take the EuroCup for example)
    that police / security are far enough away form the stands that there is no
    chance for chit-chat between the fans and the police. They keep a respectful
    distance, and will only engage when there's a problem. Putting cops in direct
    contact with the people in the stands will only lead to confrontations.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    you'll notice that in other parts of the world (take the EuroCup for example)
    that police / security are far enough away form the stands that there is no
    chance for chit-chat between the fans and the police. They keep a respectful
    distance, and will only engage when there's a problem. Putting cops in direct
    contact with the people in the stands will only lead to confrontations.

I agree totally with that. But there isn't that much room between us and the field, I think they should have a cop for every 40ft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only beers that come flying in 112 are the beer showers we give ourselves after a goal is scored...

believe that I would fcking lose it if something came out flying from our section
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    The only beers that come flying in 112 are the beer showers we give ourselves after a goal is scored...

believe that I would fcking lose it if something came out flying from our section
    off topic but ...

i wonder what it costs to score a goal for TFC at BMO??

you gotta think 20,000 fans

lets say even 200 beers get dumped

that is alot of beer going to waste at 10 bucks a shot!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post

Well that's true, my shirt smells like shit today thanks to a beer back shower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was only 1 cop that gave anyone issues, A. Williams. No constructive conversation, just "I am the boss, do what I say". The arrogance gives cops a bad name, all the other ones, none gave us any problems. I know most people here aren't too fond of the police, but like supporters, its really just a select few that ruin it for everyone. Having friends and family that are cops, it frustrates me when I see ones with that attitude.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a hundred guys in a small area all wanting to look like they're actually doing a blessed thing. So some find things to bitch about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    there was only 1 cop that gave anyone issues, A. Williams. No constructive conversation, just "I am the boss, do what I say". The arrogance gives cops a bad name, all the other ones, none gave us any problems. I know most people here aren't too fond of the police, but like supporters, its really just a select few that ruin it for everyone. Having friends and family that are cops, it frustrates me when I see ones with that attitude.
    Maybe I should have changed the title to 1 a-hole. I respect most cops, this one just turned my stomach the wrong way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An environment like that can be intimidating especially for a rookie cop or one with little crowd management experience. I think the T.O. cops are a little overwhelmed there and some react badly to it. They will learn that antagonising a crowd is a poor plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i gotta say that yesterday the parking lot cops were more than friendly and reasonable!! and that's a big comment cause i've been one of the most anti-cops at tailgates around.

maybe they wouldn't be so uptight if they weren't worried about when the projectiles were gonna start. that might explain why they're all at that end. (i know, i know, wrong thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck the police.

I got a drinking ticket at Lamport for having two empty beer bottles in a school bag

I'm kinda hoping those festering cunts show up to court

TFC RealDeal RPB

Quote Originally Posted by Artur3575 View Post
    it is getting a bit too much with all those cops face it we live in a police state..with so many rules and laws somehow all around europe and even US there are are more crowed friendly then here....it is always us against them instead of working together for the good of the game here in T.O
    Well said

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"All soccer fans are hooligans"

same level of ignorance.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    "All soccer fans are hooligans"

same level of ignorance.
    Dude, im joking

but seriously ACAB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you were joking, but there are many who whole-heartedly agree with that sentiment.
    Animals Eaten:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post

I can assure you nothing other then streamers came out of 127 and 126 yesterday. I have never had any problems with objects being thrown from any of the sections I have been in when standing in the east side. Also we had 2 robocops standing in front of us looking like total douchebags..
    Then there was juicy mmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I kinda like living in a country where there are police to ensure our safety and protect our rights

If a banner is a tripping hazzard, it's not a big deal to adjust it...keep in mind there are little kids (the ball boys) running around down there.

I'm not excusing abusive behaviour or snotty attitudes by cops, but trying to keep an area safe doesn't make a cop a fascist

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    I can assure you nothing other then streamers came out of 127 and 126 yesterday. I have never had any problems with objects being thrown from any of the sections I have been in when standing in the east side. Also we had 2 robocops standing in front of us looking like total douchebags..
    Then there was juicy mmmmm
    "we love juicy"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The police have too much power. Majority of incidents where police get involved there are more problems than not.

I can think of many stories to support ACAB.

Ensuring safety and protecting rights is a subjective measure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloor West FC View Post
    Nope all from 114 and 115! I sit 111 so I have a pretty good view from the side
    Nothing came from 115. I sit in 115, so I have a pretty good view of what's in front of me. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    "we love juicy"
    Her presence made it difficult to focus on the game at times.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The headline in the paper the other day said "Treat Gang Members Like Terrorists" - increase police powers etc etc, apparently the proposal made by a member of the city council... How long until supporters are "terrorists"? Police state is right, and the 10 cops standing at the bottom of 112 after the game is called instigation, and provokes people. Police should be on the periphery of BMO and not front and centre - they only create a tense and confrontational atmosphere - plus its not like they do anything about projectiles, etc anyway...
    Keeping an area safe doesnt make a cop a fascist, thats true - but making pitiful excuses for acting like a cunt and infringing on our rights is fascist, and thats what is becoming all too common.