Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    He made 2 particular saves that were Sutton-esk but really wasn't tested beyond that. He did well enough to preserve the victory but I think it was inevidable no matter who was in goal. He's got some confidence now.
    I respectfully disagree. The guy earned his pay on Saturday and then some. You can give kudos to the defence, that's granted. But the level of energy he showed was quiet impressive for MLS.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Edwards made a bunch of grabs of crosses in the rain against LA, of the type that Petr Cech just muffed in similar conditions, which started the Czech collapse in the Euros
    He had a good game, but let's hold off on the Petr Cech comparissons for now...something tells me that Tuncay can drill the ball in with a little more on it than Buddle can

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    He had a good game, but let's hold off on the Petr Cech comparissons for now...something tells me that Tuncay can drill the ball in with a little more on it than Buddle can
    Not my point. My point is that Edwards hasn't faced lasers to the corners yet, but he has done a great job of not making mistakes.

Cech made an epic error, it had nothing to do with Tuncay.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    He also transitioned the play well. His ball distribution via kicks and throws was excellent. He set the tempo for the game when insuring he distributed the ball in an appropriate fashion. I was quite impressed with what I saw, and it made me feel quite secure with our goalkeeping future. He has been a pleasant surprise with the only gaffe being that goal in game one vs. Columbus. Good job overall!! MOM IMO

Agree wholeheartedly. To be honest, his distribution of the ball is so much better than Sutton's. Give Edwards a few years to make his mark and he'll be a damn good MLS keeper. Nevermind the Sutton comparisons, he reminds me much more of Onstad. Good positioning, great distribution and not afraid to jump in on dangerous crosses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he deserves the start over sutton? are you fking kidding me? same people who were calling for Sutton's head at the beginning of the year. I remember half the people on this board saying Sutton is horrible at 1on1s and that Sutton is a bad shot stopper until he shut them up during the LA game. He's made 1 mistake this year (DC 3rd goal) Edwards gave up 2 half asses goals in the Columbus game and he was way out of position on the Rapids goal. And edwards hasnt even been tested, Cummings shooting right at him 5 times doesnt mean he's a good shot stopper, it means Cummings is shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Position to make the Saves look easy. Way to go Edwards!