Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His wikipedia page says he's one of ours. Done deal? :P

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Really? Since when is Wikipedia an official source of news?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the emphasis is on :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigtfc View Post
    "America goalkeepers’ manager Zaki Abdel Fataha had great role in the deal as he has good relations with Toronto coach Briki."

Who's Briki??
    Lol, my guess is that it's Preki's name transliterated into Arabic and then back into the Roman alphabet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, possible huge headcase vs Preki? Surely he's got a plan to keep him in line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibrahim Saeid (#4) with Zamalek

Goal

Vs. Tarajji

Goal

With Egypt against Ivory Coast in the African Nations Cup 2006

With Ismaily - Elbow on Abotrika (Al-Ahly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this dude gots the skills...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like this guy is pretty good, Lets hope he can bring some stabilty and organization to the CB position

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the videos it seems that not only can he defend but also drive the play of the match upfield and not only get the ball to the forwards but in desperate times make the plays to get a goal.
    If Wynne had more skill (A lot more skill) he would be a Said type of player. Defend...get the ball...drive it up field...lay one in the back of the net.
    He does seem to be a bit problemsome off the field and bit on the field but I think he's just a competitor and when he sees TFC down a goal with 3 minutes left he'll say انه يمارس الجنس
    and take the ball and score no matter whom it may piss off.
    A problem maybe with the refs. If he flops alot then Said may be the one who geta carded but I have seen so many swan dives in MLS that it may not be an issue.
    If it is true that we have Said then I say AWESOME!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Er... Andy Welsh was neither a veteran nor an international when he came here mate! In fact, only Robert and Tebily fit that description from your list.
    "International" as defined by MLS. My point stands.

The one veteran interbational I can think of who washed out of MLS and has gone on to some success on a higher level is Carlos Ruiz at Puebla, but he's a special case, he was one of the three best players in MLS for years, and we'll see if he can keep it up.

For every Ruiz, there's 10 Kenny Deuchars and Collin Samuels.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-20-2010 at 06:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it.
    Seems like he's a good player, and personally i quite enjoy a bit of, erm, shall we say "character".

get 'er done Mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is funny, I've had Ibrahim Said on my TFC roster on Football Manager for 2 years running. I believe it was King Tut that mentioned him back then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
    He's a solid defender that would do wonders in this league, but he is a nutcase and makes Joey Barton look like a saint. He also has the Abel Xavier syndrome, where he comes out with new hair color/style every game. With that said, he's always been impressive on the pitch and only reason he has not moved onto bigger and better things is because of his big mouth and his attitude. He burnt all his bridges in Egypt with Ahly, Zamalek and Ismaily. He has been trying to secure a contract for months with any of his former teams, but hasn't had any success.

So what you are saying is that he's going to fit into our locker room quite well!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Should be an interesting summer at BMO if this guy is signed....if there is a summer at BMO this year of course.

Agreed... some of those vids are impressive... explosive play + explosive atitude = Good Times at BMO Field haha
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This made my week....I've always rated this guy....

....and I now have my kit lined up for next year as we have the same last name and country!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa....if this is true, put him and Nana together and we're f*cking SOLID!!! IMO we don't immediatley need another striker...let Preki work with Barrett, OBW, and Gerba for 3 months and see if there's improvement (it could hardly get worse)...if not then splurge/trade for another attacking option...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerba and Barret just wont work.
    We need another stricker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

انه يمارس الجنس

fyi, that means I am going to have sex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    "International" as defined by MLS. My point stands.

The one veteran interbational I can think of who washed out of MLS and has gone on to some success on a higher level is Carlos Ruiz at Puebla, but he's a special case, he was one of the three best players in MLS for years, and we'll see if he can keep it up.

For every Ruiz, there's 10 Kenny Deuchars and Collin Samuels.
    Welsh had started 14 games in the premiership and played in over 20 when he got here.

Not kidding.

He was always overhyped, long before we got him. Yeovil like him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    From the videos it seems that not only can he defend but also drive the play of the match upfield and not only get the ball to the forwards but in desperate times make the plays to get a goal.
    If Wynne had more skill (A lot more skill) he would be a Said type of player. Defend...get the ball...drive it up field...lay one in the back of the net.
    He does seem to be a bit problemsome off the field and bit on the field but I think he's just a competitor and when he sees TFC down a goal with 3 minutes left he'll say انه يمارس الجنس
    and take the ball and score no matter whom it may piss off.
    A problem maybe with the refs. If he flops alot then Said may be the one who geta carded but I have seen so many swan dives in MLS that it may not be an issue.
    If it is true that we have Said then I say AWESOME!
    When he was a teenager he was touted as being either a defender or a defensive midfielder because his ball control and general technique is very good.

It's like Tut said, if he's on his game, he'll be one of the best defenders in the league. Think Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, only psychotic and with more technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    When he was a teenager he was touted as being either a defender or a defensive midfielder because his ball control and general technique is very good.

It's like Tut said, if he's on his game, he'll be one of the best defenders in the league. Think Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, only psychotic and with more technique.
    Jhon Kennedy Hurtado is psychotic!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Well, no complaints if he shows up for TFC with bright red hair! Piss yellow hair would however be another matter altogether...

Wow, we may have two seriouxly angry guys at central defense, the opposing forwards should be worried. I just hope it doesn't result in too many red cards or penalty kicks. (Remembering Adrian's hip check & a few other plays...)
    Haha - piss yellow, love it!

I wouldn't be too sure of Nana being squeezed out of central defence though, even if we do sign Ibrahim. For ym money, he was our best and most consistent CB last season. I'd expect him to carry on there if Preki has been watching vids of TFC's matches last season (and I hope to god he has, and not just been sitting on his arse waiting for pre season to start - hehehe).

I'm not suggesting Serioux would be dropped by the way - he could play RB and allow us to trade Wynne for a good incoming player from another MLS team, for example. I always prefer full back staking throw ins than CBs, and that would suit Serioux's long throws. Plus he did well there for Dallas. He can also play DCM and is therefore cover for Robbo. In fact, i think this may even be his natural position.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Haha - piss yellow, love it!

I wouldn't be too sure of Nana being squeezed out of central defence though, even if we do sign Ibrahim. For ym money, he was our best and most consistent CB last season. I'd expect him to carry on there if Preki has been watching vids of TFC's matches last season (and I hope to god he has, and not just been sitting on his arse waiting for pre season to start - hehehe).
    Nana plus a solid, experienced CB is exactly the combo I want to see. Nana needs to be playing next to someone like Said at this stage - both to improve his game, and help him out during the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    So what you are saying is that he's going to fit into our locker room quite well!
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    This made my week....I've always rated this guy....

....and I now have my kit lined up for next year as we have the same last name and country!
    Masry? Same here, I'm ready to print my jersey once it's official on TFC's end.

Al-Ahly's Ex-goalkeeper and current Al Masry goalkeeper Amir Abdel Hameed almost signed for Philadelphia Union a few weeks ago. Zaki Abdel Fatah has been attempting to recruit Egyptian players to MLS for a long time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ To Brad & Hitcho, I certainly didn't mean to be pushing Nana at all with my comment. Just thinking of two guys with a bit of a reputation, Said & Serioux, next to each other in defense, would cause opposing forwards a bit more concern than has been the case up to now. (I can't imagine the likes of Brennan, Garcia, Harmse (?!?), Wynne, or even "Young Nana" getting anyone very worried.) Of course that's not the only criterium for being a good defender, and Serioux would still end up "next to" Said at RB

True, Nana has been great at CB, but he also looked great at RB the few times I saw him there. I'll trust Preki to make the best decision there.

If they can swing it under the salary cap, I think they should try to keep all of Said, Nana, Serioux, Gomez, & Wynne. (Or a significant replacement for Wynne, if Mo can work some trade magic with Wynne, although I doubt he would give up his own draft pick easily). Three of those guys (Nana, Serioux, Wynne) all had significant injuries in the past season, that's probably to be expected in defense, and Said is no spring chicken either. As Said is a bit of head case, maybe it's better if there's decent competition for his position, so he knows we're not totally dependent on him if Preki doesn't like his antics. We need some depth to be sure that we don't see types like Garcia or Harmse at CB ever again. Plus Serioux can also provide good cover at DM, his original position, if there are any injuries or absences there.

And we still have a hole at LB, because I don't think Brennan should be starting there. Not sure, I don't think any of the above 5 would be good at LB, or what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That explains the Florida reference in the original article. Winter camp in Bradenton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eek, it's the annual "use TFC as contract leverage" training camp ploy.

We're training in Florida already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Jhon Kennedy Hurtado is psychotic!!
    I'd say more "aggressive and reckless", like Sanyang but not as "aggressive and reckless"

By all accounts, however, said is Cuh-RAAAAAZY.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    "Personally I find him to be a great defender. But his attitude stopped him from any success. Everything bad that can exist in a footballer."

says somebody i was talking to that is quite familiar with him.
    Very True he is effective on the pitch and full of drama off the pitch.
    His nick name in Egypt is "Hema Mashakel"

Translated "Hema" is a short form for Ibrahim and "Mashakel" means Problems.

But man he will get the Job done for 90 minutes no problem. Getting along with Management and the Dressing room is a whole other thing.
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.