Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime you wanna doubt him (too old, too slow, bla bla bla) he does something like this AGAIN.

On top of that, he is one of the classiest sportsmen that has come to Toronto in recent memory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spectacular goal by Danny D...pure magic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 shots on target this year = 5 goals. Epic.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny doesn't waste his chances that he gets. Cunningham wastes most of his. Dichio partnered with another quality striker would be a lethal combination.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's slow and at times awkward, but DD has an amazing sense of position and a true goal-scorer's instinct. He seems to always know where the net is, even when it's behind him! He is such a hardcore tough footballer, he always seems to be playing with such emotion and grit. He terrifies a lot of defenders. Yet, if you meet him off the pitch, he's one of the nicest players you'd ever meet.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    Exactly...my friend said the same thing earlier tonight.
    Danny, Wendell and Doug Gilmour could run around town robbing banks and nobody would give a shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    Danny, Wendell and Doug Gilmour could run around town robbing banks and nobody would give a shit.
    Ahhh...1990's Leaf analogies.

I'll compare DD to Dave Andrychuck. The goals ain't always pretty, but in a way, they are. Slow, awkward, gangly beauties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    You forgot Joe Carter and Paul Masotti.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An icon for everyman. Dichio is indispensable. A heart and soul player who makes everyone around him just that little bit less fearful and willing to battle harder. He makes a difference even when he isn't scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after Danny D scored..If I read his lips correctly..he was saying "that's what I'm about"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only jersey that I have a name and number on is my authentic long sleeve with ROOGSY 12 on it.

I am now getting a Dichio 9. No doubt about it.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sure was good to watch out there. I will admit that I complained to my friends a couple of times about the inefficiency of his quick short passes. He could have done better in that department but otherwise he was terrific.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Dichio has a magic foot,

It's like a compass tht is always pointed toward the goal, he doesnt need to even shoot, the ball just hits his foot and off it goes into the goal.

His goals look like flukes, because nobody else would score them,

Fucking magic! What a beautiful goal last night!
    thats exactly what i was thinking. He has had so many "fluke goals" that maybe they aren't flukes, maybe he's just the best pure finisher in MLS. i'd love it if he had Wynne's speed and Ricketts dribbling but then we wouldn't be able to afford him

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was discussed on Saturday that Cunningham got most of his goals during the infancy of MLS when the overall player quality was lacking. Factor in his age and fitness level at the time and he must have been quite prolific. In the current environment (all things being as they are) it would take him 20 years to score 100 goals.

You saw what DeRo did last Sunday - that's what Cunningham's supposed to be doing for us. I just haven't seen it.

Somebody do up a DD daredevil style shirt and I'll likely buy one - or maybe I'll just goto the local comick shoppe and get one there.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Cunny scored 16 goals the year before we got him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    The man is a geometrist, he has all his angles worked out long before the ball reaches him, so that he doesnt need to trap the ball, dribble a bit, and fuck around some before taking his shot, he just strikes the fucker right there, and goal.

He is truly a master at one touch football, I'm not sure I've seen a player with attributes like he has ever before.

Truly unique, he deserves all the worship we've thrown his way and more.

I fully, agree. He is a great striker. He understands the game very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully I won't have to deal with people saying that football IQ is irrelevant anymore....Dichio proves game in and game out that there is absolutely no substitute for using your brain first and foremost while on the field....I am proud to have his name on my back every time I wear TFC's colours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how his career would have been if he hadn't been forced into a pure target man roll from an early age. He never scored much in England, but he never shot much, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder how his career would have been if he hadn't been forced into a pure target man roll from an early age. He never scored much in England, but he never shot much, either.
    No, he wasn't the most prolific scorer putting one in every four games for QPR, Barnet, Sunderland, West Brom, Derby, Millwall and Preston North End but one in four isn't really all that bad either but certainly not the 11 in 28 he has for us although he did score 5 in 5 in for Millwall when on loan from WBA in 2004.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so now danny has 11 goals so far 7 more goals and I'm going to have to make him a new banner