Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably one of the most entertaining games I have seen TFC play this season. I liked seeing the possession last more than a half like it did with KC and RSL.

I agree, I thought I saw Robert look really pissed off when Cunny blew those chances. It looked like they were always trying to feed cunny so he could get #100. Robert gave up a few chances for a shot to feed him. I say screw it Robert, go for the goal yourself. He had a great match along with RR.

Cunny was ok, he worked hard trying to get the goals but that constant flopping he was doing ruined his performance. I hate it when any player does it.

<rant>
    If he has to cheat to get a shot at #100 (if he gets to take the penalty shot), it takes away the shine of his past accomplishments. If he continues to fall over in the box I am all for benching him or getting rid of him altogether. I have always supported him, but I never condone cheating, and if this is what it is coming to I want him gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't they play this way on the road. Everytime they play on the road they seem to complacent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ too true. They play like they are afraid to lose. Bunker up and play unattractive longball. Hopefully that will change when the boys get back from their NT duties.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful game, gj all around.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harmse is such shit, I never get on players for playing poorly, but every time he touched the ball he made one of the worst possible plays he could. He killed any momentum the team had when he started running the ball up field, could've sent multiple players forward on at least two occasions, and instead he stops and sends it back. He has no footy sense and no on the ball presence.

He performs his duties passibly, but I think he hurts the team when he gets the ball.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have pics of the "Whos Your Daddy" banner in action . Man that thing was stained with beers by the end (as were my pants and back, fucken lousy drunks, drink the damb beer).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today was great, DD's goal was the pick of the bunch, RR finally stepped up a notch. The game also served confirmation that Cunningham is SHITE personified.

I like Edwards distribution, he has good hand & presence, we're fortunate to have two excellent keepers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that was the best all around game tfc played the entire season
    the game could of been 5-nil
    it was a complete performance, great game, well earned win, WE ARE THE BEST AT HOME!!! THE NEW STAMFORD BRIDGE!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A GREAT win by TFC against a club with equal amount of points. This keeps us above the leaders in the West, LA (Even though we have the same amount points we swept them in the series) and as it stands right now we are 3rd in the East. If Chicago loses to FCD then we keep our 3rd place spot.
    We need a win against KC as we head to NE to face the Revs afterwards. We still have 18 more games left in the season (not counting the Canada Champions Cup) and alot more football to play so every win and every point counts when we are looking at making the playoffs.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NateDoGG View Post
    i think that was the best all around game tfc played the entire season
    the game could of been 5-nil
    it was a complete performance, great game, well earned win, WE ARE THE BEST AT HOME!!! THE NEW STAMFORD BRIDGE!!!!

I'm very happy with the result of today's game, but realistically I think it could've been a VERY tight game, even in favor of Colorado if all of their strikers didn't have Lombardo-like finishing. Edwards made 4 or so saves on dangerous situations where the ball was shot right at him. So the chances were there for Colorado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    <rant>
    If he has to cheat to get a shot at #100 (if he gets to take the penalty shot), it takes away the shine of his past accomplishments. If he continues to fall over in the box I am all for benching him or getting rid of him altogether. I have always supported him, but I never condone cheating, and if this is what it is coming to I want him gone.
    That dive at the end was brutal.

I would have loved it it if the ref bought the flop and awarded the penalty, then have Carver say "Go ahead Rohan, get your hat trick. We need Jeff to hustle like this every game but at the same time no flop should go unpunished."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discipline:
    COL -- Preston Burpo (caution; Deliberate Handball) 25
    TOR -- Kevin Harmse (caution; Tackle from Behind) 52
    TOR -- Jeff Cunningham (caution; Trickery) 85

I've never heard it called trickery before, but that's perfect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the game now on my PVR and Toronto FC looked great. It was great to see Ricketts get 2 goals as he's worked hard for it.

Bravo to Dichio for the nice goal, GK had no chance on that one.

I hope they play like this next week when I'm there vs Wiz.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that Robert did contibute but some sloppy setups between him and Cunny. Speaking of, he seemed to blow an opportunity late inthe game for his 100th. The ball was a couple feet in front of him and he couldn't bother challenging for it. It wasn't important for the game but...100th?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best performance of the season for TFC....Ricketts was easily man of the match with teo great goals.....Cunny was being grabed all day this shirt pulling shit was be dealt with instead of worrying about streamers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the game all around, Rohan's goals were great, Danny's was amazing and Cunny had some great chances, Edwards made some great saves, it was just a great night to be a supporter of the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday's game was the most exciting TFC match I've ever attended, even more fun than last year's 4-0 drubbing of Dallas. Rohan Ricketts has elevated his game to unexpected heights in Guevara's absence. Dichio's tally was a beauty but Rickett's second goal was perhaps the nicest goal in TFC's history! Unfuckinbelievable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratven View Post
    I'm very happy with the result of today's game, but realistically I think it could've been a VERY tight game, even in favor of Colorado if all of their strikers didn't have Lombardo-like finishing. Edwards made 4 or so saves on dangerous situations where the ball was shot right at him. So the chances were there for Colorado.
    I agree we did have some difficulty at the back. Cummings should have finished a couple of sitters but fortunately for us he wasted them. It was a good performance at the end of the day, but we have to tighten up at the back. Teams like Chicago, DC, Houston will finish those opportunities. If we are going to get in the playoffs we need to play better without the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristofager View Post
    Great game.....Reds looked tight at the back...wynne played amazing, ricketts is the man, dichio what a flippin cracker, Robbo played the way he gets payed, Cunny sucks ass because plain and simple he cant finish, and Harmse is only good on another team, sucks ass.......Dunny played good, and robert should have had one of those freebies.....

looking forward to KC next weekend
    I don't think that we were tight at the back at all. How many opportunities did Cummings have. Off the top of my head there were atleast 2 sitters but he shot them right at Edwards. The Rapids had some clear cut opportunities but could not finish. If we are going to the playoffs we have to tighten up at the back. The last 2 games have been horrible at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match wrap up at ASN.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was an awesome game -- first time ever TFC won on Rogers fucking Sportsnet.

From my count, they have NEVER won on Sportsnet until yesterday.