Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC Prices.....!

Check out New York Red Bulls Season Ticket Prices.... and compare to TFC prices.....
    http://web.mlsnet.com/t107/tickets/2010/season.jsp

Does anyone see something wrong with this pic or is it just me???? what is happening here??? they dont even have different prices for "premium" vs "regular" games....

what am I missing here???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supply and demand, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But why is demand so low in other mlse cities? you see, the threat here is that if MLSE doesnt pick up in other cities soon, this might have detrimental impact on TFC.... why is demand so low?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't see a problem with the red bull ticket prices, all of those prices are in USD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    But why is demand so low in other mlse cities? you see, the threat here is that if MLSE doesnt pick up in other cities soon, this might have detrimental impact on TFC.... why is demand so low?
    NY Giants
    NY Jets
    NY Knicks
    NY Rangers
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    NY Islanders
    NY Yankees
    NY Mets

and the list goes on and on with things to do in NYC. If you look at it at a country spectrum there is college sports on top of everything else and the list goes on and on.

In Canada Soccer means something within some pockets (ex. BC, Toronto and MTL) in the States it is an afterthought.

DVS to state the obvious again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC FORZA RPB View Post
    i don't see a problem with the red bull ticket prices, all of those prices are in USD
    Last I checked, US was near at par with CAD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    NY Giants
    NY Jets
    NY Knicks
    NY Rangers
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    NY Islanders
    NY Yankees
    NY Mets

and the list goes on and on with things to do in NYC. If you look at it at a country spectrum there is college sports on top of everything else and the list goes on and on.

In Canada Soccer means something within some pockets (ex. BC, Toronto and MTL) in the States it is an afterthought.

DVS to state the obvious again
    MLS in TO won't survive long with the sub-optimal demand in the States.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is happening here??? they dont even have different prices for "premium" vs "regular" games....
    I'm not sure where you get that. They are not selling individual games yet, just Season Tickets and Partials. How do you know whether they will sell some individual games at a premium or not?

I'm tired of endless threads complaining about TFC vs. European or other MLS tickets. This is Toronto, not "wherever you choose to compare us to," and the prices are totally in line for Toronto prices.

The Endlines for the New Jersey Red Bulls are $299 (or $315 CDN). That compares with $323 for the Endlines at BMO Field. Hardly a big difference, and totally worth it to not have to watch the Red Bulls each week out in the boonies.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-29-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Countdown to someone posting that pig trough picture...3...2...1...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, for a fair comparison one needs to compare season 1 at BMO Field to season 1 at RBA.

Cuz tickets were cheaper in season 1 at BMO than season 4.
    There were massive deals before December of 2006... couldn't you get a second south end set for $100 back then??

If people love to come out to RBA, call me in season 4 and we'll see how things stand.
    Right now the shite bulls' prices actually look kinda high to me, considering the way Red Bull has screwed over supporters there and killed the fanbase, and the fact they need to fill 25000 seats in New Joisey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the little dinky section for visitors

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm not sure where you get that. They are not selling individual games yet, just Season Tickets and Partials. How do you know whether they will sell some individual games at a premium or not?

I'm tired of endless threads complaining about TFC vs. European or other MLS tickets. This is Toronto, not "wherever you choose to compare us to," and the prices are totally in line for Toronto prices.

The Endlines for the New Jersey Red Bulls are $299 (or $315 CDN). That compares with $323 for the Endlines at BMO Field. Hardly a big difference, and totally worth it to not have to watch the Red Bulls each week out in the boonies.
    What I find interesting is the mid reds only going for $585, that doesn't compare with our high end mids. They seem to have all the seats closer in price. As pointed out great competition for the sports dollar. I would be pleasantly surprised though, if this area can be as successful and spirited as Seattle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I dont think I will ever understand why some people on these boards defend the prices charged by the MLSE to see TFC? Ticket prices have went up loads since year one and they continue to rise but people are still giving the MLSE their approval to go ahead and shaft us that little bit harder, it is crazy. I guess we should finally say enough is enough when we get to Leaf prices or perhaps we should ask to get shafted that a wee bit more just for fun? Paul B must love coming on here and reading about all the people who think the continuous price hikes are totally justified and also how everyone is happy with the amount they pay, the FO are bound to use this site as a testing ground to see peoples reactions. Hopefully we can all manage to keep it up and we can see the prices raise once again next year, that would be pretty sweet, well for the MLSE anyway.
    Last edited by torontocelt; 12-29-2009 at 11:29 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a fan of the price increases, nor the jacked prices for matched like the Real Madrid friendly.

Sadly, the only thing that gets noticed is non-renewal of season tickets. Which hurts both the fan and the club.

I know TFC announced a high renewal rate, but I know of a lot of day one hardcore fans that took a pass on their seats for the upcoming season. Another season of futility at these prices and people will walk.

I hope that they will maintain this years pricing or even reduce it for the 2011 season - but of course want the club to thrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If asked, I'm sure the FO would cite the expansion of BMO, the installation of a grass pitch, and the signing of Julian de Guzman as reasons why ticket prices went up again. Of course, I don't want to start a debate regarding the sources of revenue (i.e. the transfer of Mo Edu) which may have been applied to any of the above expenses. What I would like to note is that MLSE will raise ticket prices if the justification is there. If the MLS salary cap were to be raised significantly, for example, TFC ticket prices would naturally be raised accordingly.

As for the relationship between TFC ticket prices and those of other MLS teams, a comparison is only valid if supply and demand are equal. Comparing our ticket prices with those of NY, Dallas, or any other low-drawing team makes little sense because we don't play in a stadium that is routinely more than half empty. A team that sells only 8,000 seats in an 80,000-seat stadium, or 8,000 seats in a 20,000-seater for that matter, doesn't have the luxury to overcharge for tickets. TFC is the only team that has a high demand for tickets and a lower-capacity stadium, which is enough to explain any pricing disparities between our team and any other MLS team.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL - you said MLSE but meant MLS... Otherwise you may as well shout at the sky, mate.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    If asked, I'm sure the FO would cite the expansion of BMO, the installation of a grass pitch, and the signing of Julian de Guzman as reasons why ticket prices went up again. Of course, I don't want to start a debate regarding the sources of revenue (i.e. the transfer of Mo Edu) which may have been applied to any of the above expenses. What I would like to note is that MLSE will raise ticket prices if the justification is there. If the MLS salary cap were to be raised significantly, for example, TFC ticket prices would naturally be raised accordingly.

As for the relationship between TFC ticket prices and those of other MLS teams, a comparison is only valid if supply and demand are equal. Comparing our ticket prices with those of NY, Dallas, or any other low-drawing team makes little sense because we don't play in a stadium that is routinely more than half empty. A team that sells only 8,000 seats in an 80,000-seat stadium, or 8,000 seats in a 20,000-seater for that matter, doesn't have the luxury to overcharge for tickets. TFC is the only team that has a high demand for tickets and a lower-capacity stadium, which is enough to explain any pricing disparities between our team and any other MLS team.
    With regards to the cost of the grass, what are the ticket prices of other teams in the league who play on grass? The Mo Edu money would definitely help pay for initial installation of the grass as would the RM game. Were we not told that the RM money was meant to be put towards the grass thus that is why we had high ticket prices? How many other teams in the league have a DP? For how many years have they had a DP? TFC got one in the second half of their third year, is this common? How much are ticket prices for other teams with DP's? Also what are the ticket prices of teams who have poor attendences, how much are they likely to generate in ticket sales a year? There are many factors when you compare ticket prices, way too much research for me but when it comes down to it we all know that MLSE are going to charge as much as they can while their is still interest in the team, this does not mean that we all have to come on and justify this as that is basically giving them the green light to screw you over even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time there's talk about prices, people become experts in economics, and every time I challenge them, they back down because they have nothing more than 1 high school economics class, or if lucky, econ 101 in some college or university that they had to take only because it was a mandatory class for their program that was completely different from economics.

The reality is: artificial price levels are set all the time. Artificial price levels are often preferred to market equilibrium where natural supply meets natural demand.

If you don't know economics, stop saying "supply = demand close thread, case closed". You're wrong.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supply = demand close thread, case closed

(All I know about Economics, is that I used to read their magazine at my barbers)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    supply = demand close thread, case closed
    So true (I have a degree in Economics BTW ).

If anyone thinks that MLSE sets their prices based on a few comments on a message board, they are mistaken. Companies do much more careful testing of the market than that. So complaining won't accomplish anything, neither will saying the cost is in line with the Toronto market hurt anything. Like it or not, we've bitched for 2 years about ticket prices, and look how much Paul B. has taken our advice. So it's time to drop the subject. MLSE will charge the maximum that they can, taking into account trying to preserve some of the atmosphere (I think they realize that's necessary for TFC, though not the Leafs) and with an eye on the long-term health of the team.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and very few people will agree with me... but the first year's tickets were drastically undervalued.

They had no idea it would be a hotcake seller, so they priced it low.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the solution ? Move to New York or some other loser MLS city where the crowds are low and you'll be guaranteed a seat no matter how well your team is playing. Heck - I bet you can even get tickets to sit in KC's Cauldron if you wanted to.

With regards to complaining about the issue, look how much success Leaf fans have had.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    I like the idea of putting visitors at BMO away up to second level...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    and it seems as thought the 'supporters section' is not close to the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing happens in the NHL, compare leaf tickets to many American NHL teams and you will see a big difference. There are some American NHL cities that give you parking, food and a beer with your ticket at a ticket price so low that it would not be enough to purchase one leaf ticket here in Toronto, again supply and demand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny that they think someone will pay 3000 to see them play.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In a nutshell, much of the success that TFC has had to date is in direct relation to it's affordability - and I mean that in comparison to the other major sporting ventures in the city. But, unlike the Leafs, the soccer market will not bear any price MLSE brings forth, so they have to be very careful to not charge too much too soon.

I'm sure they have armies of men and women in our communities as I type this, spying on us, taking note of which jersies we are wearing, which boards we post on, and as soon as they have the numbers they need to support putting up the ticket prices by a nickel, they'll do it... but should they do it prematurely, or excessively, they'll see their numbers drop.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't forget that TFC gets 93% of every ticket (7% of that goes to BMO Field for upkeep and to the city to pay down the loan on their share of the construction).

Of that 93%, something like 20% or more (I forget) goes to MLS to pay for the salaries and league expenses.

So the direct "take home" by TFC is far less than the face value. Red Bull would not be giving 7% to somebody else, and IF they fill 25000 seats they probably pull in as much revenue as TFC does with higher prices at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC could have the cheapeat prices in the league, and someone would still find a way to come on here, rip MLSE, and say we're being ripped off...

Like Parkdale my care in this bitchfest is done...

I'm going to go and be a happy person, in this festive season...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    With regards to the cost of the grass, what are the ticket prices of other teams in the league who play on grass? The Mo Edu money would definitely help pay for initial installation of the grass as would the RM game. Were we not told that the RM money was meant to be put towards the grass thus that is why we had high ticket prices? How many other teams in the league have a DP? For how many years have they had a DP? TFC got one in the second half of their third year, is this common? How much are ticket prices for other teams with DP's? Also what are the ticket prices of teams who have poor attendences, how much are they likely to generate in ticket sales a year? There are many factors when you compare ticket prices, way too much research for me but when it comes down to it we all know that MLSE are going to charge as much as they can while their is still interest in the team, this does not mean that we all have to come on and justify this as that is basically giving them the green light to screw you over even more.
    You missed the point of my post, and I don't want to re-open a debate regarding how much of the club's revenue went toward the above expenses. The point of my post was that, right or wrong, MLSE will use big-ticket expenses as an excuse to raise ticket prices. We're talking about an organisation that routinely hiked Leafs ticket prices because of the weak Canadian dollar. Did MLSE later drop the price of Leafs tickets when the dollar returned to parity? I think we both know the answer to that.

As for TFC, while it's true that expenses such as natural grass and a DP are not unique to our team, they are new expenses nonetheless. I don't like having to pay extra for what other teams get anyway, but I can see MLSE easily justifying a ticket-price increase based on such expenses. At the end of the day, as long as season ticket renewals are up around 95%, the FO can use any excuse imaginable to gouge us.