Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see people getting behind this .. Should be a nice tribute,..

My thoughts are with his family ..
    RIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    silence for a minute, then chant his name.. do it right then. Cuz if you do the chant later half the people won't understand it. the acoustics don't always travel well around the stadium. But if it's done right after the minute of silence, everyone will know.
    ABSOLUTELY...!!!

The first noise after the silence should be a united chant...

It would be magic - and a fitting tribute...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a lot of ideas are being thrown aronud but I think a simple

Budgie
    Budgie
    Budgie

from after the minute of silence until kickoff or the national anthems would be simple and have the impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about a streamer shower after the moment of silence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's only one Brian Budgie!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We might get a simple tribute banner together as well for the moment of silence...

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

kinda short notice, but what about black armbands ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think a minute of clapping is better. Still, Hope everyone respects the silence

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The moment of silence is already a go from the team.

After the moment of silence, chanting until kickoff is the way to go.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you had one, would it go on the left or right arm (black armband) ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the minute of silence...people are being encouraged to cheer as loud as possible, the idea being that Budgie would want the fans to party

Also, let's hope they do this the right way (centre circle with referee blowing whistle)

Right way:

Wrong way:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pimpslapt View Post
    that's the way to go, I'm in the UK and I'll be watching on mlslive but i seriuosly doubt they'll show the minute of silence, if one of you who'll be there could somehow catch it on video and post it here, i know i'd appreciate it and i'm sure a lot of others would to, cheers, budgie, you're a legend

Calling Parkdale!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about:
    There's only one Brian Budgie
    only one Brian Budgie
    Like me and you,
    he loved the reds too
    Walking in a Budgie wonderland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever is decided, better be soon so everyone who knows can pass it to their section. Wow, big clap of thunder and car alarms going off, Come on Budgie, give us a break, Man. I'm trying to type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brian Budd YNWA

Brian (Budgie) Budd, is a great Canadian, but more than that, a great human being!

I was fortunate enough to meet Budgie, and have had a number of chats with him over the last decade.
    I moved to Toronto 11 years ago and found out that the place to go to watch footie (if you were a Liverpool supporter) was, “The Duke of Gloucester”. That’s where I met Budgie at an FA cup match.

Being a Liverpool supporter, I joined the Toronto Liverpool supporters club that day, and in the years since then, have enjoyed meeting with Budgie and the rest of our supporters for numerous matches, parties and functions including the Ron Yates, the Ian St John (The Saint) and the Bruce Grobbler nights. Each and every time Budgie was out with his fellow supporters and enjoying the moment and a good laugh. I don’t think I ever saw Budgie in a bad mood.

Growing up, I had seen Budgie play internationally for Canada and destroying all comers in a competition called “Superstars”. Budgie won the Superstars competition his first time out and three years in a row from 1978 to 1980. ABC network (the sponsers of the show) then invoked what I call the “Budgie Rule”. That meant that they didn’t want Budgie to continue to win this competition and the rule became, that “you could not come back to compete if you had previously won” because Budgie had won it three years on the trot. (I can’t help but thinking, if it had been a high profile American athlete, that they would not have changed the rules. But they didn’t like the idea of this “Canadian soccer player” putting their athletes to shame).

Budgie was always ready to talk about the sport he loved and the club he loved (Liverpool). I remember when his little boy was about a year old, Budgie brought the little lad out to a Liverpool match dressed in his first Liverpool kit. Budgie was so proud!

He had war stories to tell about when he met “Shanks” and Bob Paisley and you could see in his eyes just how much he enjoyed it. But when you talked with Budgie, he made you feel that you were talking with one of your mates. There was no airs about him. He was just a regular guy.

I know that no one enjoys sing a song that is the anthem of one of you rivals, but I think for Budgie it would be a great tribute to him if we could sing “You’ll Never Walk Alone” after the national anthem and remember a great Canadian and an even better person. Cause Budgie will Never Walk Alone!

Brian’s passing is a terrible loss for his family and all the rest of us and the world has lost a truly great person, a real nice guy.

YNWA Brian!
    Last edited by skypilot69; 06-13-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skypilot69 View Post
    Brian (Budgie) Budd, is a great Canadian, but more than that, a great human being!

I was fortunate enough to meet Budgie, and have had a number of chats with him over the last decade.
    I moved to Toronto 11 years ago and found out that the place to go to watch footie (if you were a Liverpool supporter) was, “The Duke of Gloucester”. That’s where I met Budgie at an FA cup match.

Being a Liverpool supporter, I joined the Toronto Liverpool supporters club that day, and in the years since then, have enjoyed meeting with Budgie and the rest of our supporters for numerous matches, parties and functions including the Ron Yates, the Ian St John (The Saint) and the Bruce Grobbler nights. Each and every time Budgie was out with his fellow supporters and enjoying the moment and a good laugh. I don’t think I ever saw Budgie in a bad mood.

Growing up, I had seen Budgie play internationally for Canada and destroying all comers in a competition called “Superstars”. Budgie won the Superstars competition his first time out and three years in a row from 1978 to 1980. ABC network (the sponsers of the show) then invoked what I call the “Budgie Rule”. That meant that they didn’t want Budgie to continue to win this competition and the rule became, that “you could not come back to compete if you had previously won” because Budgie had won it three years on the trot. (I can’t help but thinking, if it had been a high profile American athlete, that they would not have changed the rules. But they didn’t like the idea of this “Canadian soccer player” putting their athletes to shame).

Budgie was always ready to talk about the sport he loved and the club he loved (Liverpool). I remember when his little boy was about a year old, Budgie brought the little lad out to a Liverpool match dressed in his first Liverpool kit. Budgie was so proud!

He had war stories to tell about when he met “Shanks” and Bob Paisley and you could see in his eyes just how much he enjoyed it. But when you talked with Budgie, he made you feel that you were talking with one of your mates. There was no airs about him. He was just a regular guy.

I know that no one enjoys sing a song that is the anthem of one of you rivals, but I think for Budgie it would be a great tribute to him if we could sing “You’ll Never Walk Alone” after the national anthem and remember a great Canadian and an even better person. Cause Budgie will Never Walk Alone!

Brian’s passing is a terrible loss for his family and all the rest of us and the world has lost a truly great person, a real nice guy.

YNWA Brian!

i don't support liverpool in the slightest, but i think that is a really good idea......not sure if you'll get enough people on board for it in time but good luck with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A true moment of silence is what is needed, not some half ass sip your beer stuff and hold your girlfriend garbage, but some good old fashioned respect where hats are removed and people shut their traps and stop moving for one minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we want to be all class, then a respected moments silence is the way to go. As long as it's respected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    not chanting......a minute of silence is the supreme show of respect from the loudest stadium in MLS
    definitley agree! minutes silences first, then a stadium full of people chanting his name would be the way to go in my book.

Budgie, RIP

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by coisty1966 View Post
    definitley agree! minutes silences first, then a stadium full of people chanting his name would be the way to go in my book.

Budgie, RIP
    I think this chant would be respectful and poignant...

"Budgie, There's only one Budgie, Thre's only one Budgie, Thre's only one Budgie"

like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvMHRyY_ZIM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There will be a moment of silence on Saturday before the game to honour the passing of Budgie. Please respect this moment of silence with class.

good. i was hoping they were goin to do that.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Kudos to the Toronto FC front office for getting this one right.
    Well done to the club, its supporters and everyone who helped to make banners.

Rip Budgie

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    After the minute of silence...people are being encouraged to cheer as loud as possible, the idea being that Budgie would want the fans to party

Also, let's hope they do this the right way (centre circle with referee blowing whistle)

Right way:

Wrong way: