RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BMO and Streamers: Official TFC Position on New Policy

In the most recent e-mail out to Season Ticket Holders

// STREAMERS
    You might have seen in the media that the MLS has been reviewing its policy on the use of streamers at games. The league is still allowing streamers in the stadium, but says “they must not be used to impact on-field competition or thrown toward a player, referee or stadium staff member.” Everyone knows you’re the best fans in the league. Please help us to keep that reputation by following the new policy so that streamers can continue to be part of the TFC game day experience
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, so you can wear them as decoration now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foooockin BULLSHIT!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there ends the corner shower...

but we can still make a mess of the stands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, thanks Columbus! I wish relocation upon your miserable franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not migrate the streamers to the upper sections on the west side? Tons of those coming over the side and draping down to the sections below after a goal or something would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    and thus starts the coin and battery shower!

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Longsleeve View Post
    Why not migrate the streamers to the upper sections on the west side? Tons of those coming over the side and draping down to the sections below after a goal or something would be great.
    If the people up there were going to throw streamers they would have done it by now.

It shouldnt be the RPB or any other SG's responsibility to buy streamers for the prawn sandwich brigade.

Racist Ohioans or not this was coming. Throwing streamers at the players taking a corner will get you thrown out of any stadium in the world and why anyone thinks its their right as a fan is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    and thus starts the coin and battery shower!
    Thanks - my entire office just stood up and stared at me as I burst out into laughter... Beauty line...

But, we can still throw them before game, after goal, or.... ...straight up in the air and if the wind blows it onto the guy taking a corner its not my fault

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we just streamer the prawn sandwich sections. Then EVERYBODY is happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been saying this for a while now, the more we interrupt play the more likely they are to stop the streamers.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We already had a big discussion on this.

It's going to be streamers in the stands as usual. Just don't throw them at players or officials so they don't affect the play on the pitch.

We knew it was coming... at least they've not banned them outright, which would be stupid.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most important thing I think at this point concerning streamers is to follow the league's new rule to the letter. Columbus fans have already disobeyed and we wouldn't want to be lumped in with them. Streamers were fantastic, I still stand by my opinion that it is a shame they were banned (for corners and at players, not in general) but now that the league has said we can't do it (and it has been coming for a while IMHO); let's show our class again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing the streamers at the players has gotten old real fast anyways especially after every other SG in the league started doing it. In the end the best fans in the league are not defined by the streamers we throw. Its all about the atmosphere that we have generated at BMO. Players love to come here and play because of the true football atmosphere. It is still quite intimidating for an opposing player to take a corner kick in the south end without streamers. Just the sea of red and the rumbling of the stands is enough to make any opposing player shake. And we don't have to resort to verbal or racial abuse to intimidate. Thats for other team's less sophisticated fans to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of the second away trip to Columbus last season. I just wonder what's next on the "getting old" list...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just do it at the start of the match simultaneously like all the other places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how the league clamps down on streamers yet does absolutely nothing about racial abuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well they are trying to find the guy and ban him. But that is funny they focus on harmless streamers, and issue press releases about that.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey i love streamers and throwing them at corners was fun and funny as hell. But hey i kind of exspected sooner or later they were gonna stop putting up with that shit. Im happy tho we can still throw streamers as Tifos and what not, it can look really cool if we all throw are streamers at mass before the game. But one thing is, most people in the stadium probably havent herd this message...how is everyone gonna know that we arent sapose to throw streamers at players doing corners???????????

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    Throwing the streamers at the players has gotten old real fast anyways especially after every other SG in the league started doing it. In the end the best fans in the league are not defined by the streamers we throw. Its all about the atmosphere that we have generated at BMO. Players love to come here and play because of the true football atmosphere. It is still quite intimidating for an opposing player to take a corner kick in the south end without streamers. Just the sea of red and the rumbling of the stands is enough to make any opposing player shake. And we don't have to resort to verbal or racial abuse to intimidate. Thats for other team's less sophisticated fans to do.
    I resort to verbal abuse on corners...
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I verbally abuse the opposing team's players all the time.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking right it's about time!

I remember at a game this year on a corner the ball slammed of a streamer and veered wildly towards midfield. Totally fucks with the legitamacy of the game and is unacceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank God they didn't mention anything about batteries

^ this right here is a joke....please don't get all wierd on me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post

i verbal abuse players all the time......not racially tho. I verbally abuse them all evenly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, batteries is just unacceptable. Now marbles on the other hand.....
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw you guys, I'm throwing flares, batteries, marbles, half-filled beer cups and smoke bombs from now on. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, we can use all the streamers that get chucked during corners at the begining of the match after the anthems, and it will look fantastic. we really moved away from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    you know, we can use all the streamers that get chucked during corners at the begining of the match after the anthems, and it will look fantastic. we really moved away from that.
    ya it will look better then throwing them at corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

think positive: in 20 years you can tell your kids about how they used to toss streamers at players and how great it was back then in the good old days.