Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea and Sporting (just guessing...lol)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikers View Post
    Even though we are in a weak region shouldn't we play games against the competition? If TFC ever became CONCACAF Champions would you not see that as a great accomplishment for the team? A beth in the World Club Championship with a chance to play the CL winner.

What is a valid team in your opinion? The only way the big euro clubs will ever play TFC, is if the friendly matches would not be included as part of the seasons tickets. Those teams ask for big money and usually field many of the reserve players.

I support TFC, I will watch any match they play.

My last question is will you go the the Canada Cup games? If so why would you go watch those games and not go watch a team from the best football league in North America.
    The answer is no, I'm not going to watch the CC games becasue it is a money making machine for the clubs involved to make more money. I would not pay to watch divsion 3 socccer (which is whatt the USL is at best). Similary I wouldn't pay to watch Pachuca which would be equivalent to a division 3 team in Europe. I am selling my tickets to recover costs for my season tickets.

For Friendlies thay should be playing European teams.

I will not pay to watch boring soccer vs Pachuca. I will leave that to Pachuco and his buddies.
    The league matches count for somethi g so I will concentrate on those matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Argentinian teams please. Those dates look alright though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will bring up Barca again, since they how have a deal with MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    The answer is no, I'm not going to watch the CC games becasue it is a money making machine for the clubs involved to make more money. I would not pay to watch divsion 3 socccer (which is whatt the USL is at best). Similary I wouldn't pay to watch Pachuca which would be equivalent to a division 3 team in Europe. I am selling my tickets to recover costs for my season tickets.

I will not pay to watch boring soccer vs Pachuca. I will leave that to Pachuco and his buddies.
    Pachuca is not a division 3 team in Europe. Don't go if you don't want to but don't let your euro-centricity skew the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not pay to watch boring soccer vs Pachuca.

ROFLMAO .... they better get more European teams ... if I am stuck watching boring Pachuca instead of the non-stop entertainment we experienced in the Benfica game I am going to be pissed

masrawy

And learn how to spell.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I will bring up Barca again, since they how have a deal with MLS.
    As soon as I saw the article, my only thought was.....GET ON THIS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Pachuca and Independiente

It'll not be Barcelona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory we could see Pachuca here twice this year then if we both qualify and land in the same Champions League group ... bet the tickets to the second game would be cheaper ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its kind of sad that people totally have no respect for top level soccer that they are not familiar with.

I don't watch Mexican soccer to the same degree that I pay attention to Argentine soccer but Pachuca is certainly not equivalent to a 3rd Division European team. I'd be willing to bet money that the top 3 teams in Mexico could easily avoid relegation in EPL (if they weren't forced to play during the English winter). Pachuca is certainly better than Fulham or Sunderland. Mexico is a very competitive league and when I have watched Mexican league games on TV, I've always been entertained. Same with Argentina's primera. The entertainment value is unbelievable and the fans are some of the craziest in the world.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    its kind of sad that people totally have no respect for top level soccer that they are not familiar with.

I don't watch Mexican soccer to the same degree that I pay attention to Argentine soccer but Pachuca is certainly not equivalent to a 3rd Division European team. I'd be willing to bet money that the top 3 teams in Mexico could easily avoid relegation in EPL (if they weren't forced to play during the English winter). Pachuca is certainly better than Fulham or Sunderland. Mexico is a very competitive league and when I have watched Mexican league games on TV, I've always been entertained. Same with Argentina's primera. The entertainment value is unbelievable and the fans are some of the craziest in the world.
    Agreed. Have a look at this golazo, scored in 2003 by Toluca. You won't find a higher quality team goal in any league anywhere.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/776941...eam_goal_ever/

Truth is, most of us don't know much about Mexico (I'm talking about more than soccer). Away from the resorts, it's just not on the radar screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ great goal...wow...thing of beauty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is bull-stuff - we planned our honeymoon around the TFC schedule, and now I find out that we're going to miss one of the premium matches?

awwww crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone is quite the Eurosnob. I bet Pachuca could have it's way with some Serie A teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter who the Friendlies are against, the way I look at it is a chance to see maybe players who do not play a whole lot to actually get some playing time. Hopefully the friendlies are against a Euuro team and a South American team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if a team like Pachuca might take it a bit more seriously considering they'll be facing a potential future rival (as opposed to some team from Europe coming over for a little holiday and a kickabout).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several countries that have really strong domestic leagues but success in the World Cup just hasn't been there, for whatever reason. Mexico and Portugal are the best examples. (Spain and England are also examples, but they're more complicated situations.)

We tend to underrate Mexico because the USA has inexplicably owned them the last 5 years. But remember...

In 2006, Mexico gave Argentina a very tough time in the Round of 16 game (Argentina won it late), and in 2002 Mexico lost in the Round of 16 to the USA (that's still considered their national nightmare game, btw). In 1998 they led Germany most of the way in the Round of 16 game, before memorably losing late. In the Round of 16 in 1994, they went out on penalties to Bulgaria at Giants Stadium in what was essentially a home game for them (also not fondly remembered by tricolore faithful)

My point is, they've been in the Round of 16 four times running - only a handful of teams (Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, and Mexico) can say that. Think about that.

One of these times Mexico are going to win it all.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-15-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rather like Mexican Football, it's very good. My opinon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you won't watch boring soccer vs Pachuca, yet you watch italian football where they made boring football famous!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with Mexican Soccer, Thier only problem of recent is they cannot beat the Americans.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    you won't watch boring soccer vs Pachuca, yet you watch italian football where they made boring football famous!!!

4 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
    and that's not mutually exclusive from "boring football"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    and that's not mutually exclusive from "boring football"
    I Guess you can't read.. FActs don't lie my friend

4 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
    2 TIME EURO CHAMPIONS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A birdie has told me that a German team will be one. Hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well - many people from within the club have said it's Pachuca and Independiente

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    looking like July 5 and July 15
    heard it this morning from someone close to the team
    he/she wouldn't tell me the teams
    if true, gonna be a busy July....

What do you mean they couldn't tell you the teams????

Let's send in The Wolf to put some pressure!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's Pachuca and Independiente, I like the idea! This is what friendlies are about, giving exposure to teams that we normally wouldn't get a chance to see. Sure I'd love to see Inter or Roma play up here, but they'd be sending nothing but reserves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I wonder if a team like Pachuca might take it a bit more seriously considering they'll be facing a potential future rival (as opposed to some team from Europe coming over for a little holiday and a kickabout).

This will be golden for me... facing a meaningful opponent in our region is always a plus!

Not to mention that all of the other leagues in the Americas still consider the MLS a joke... This one will be for respect.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS needs to raise its stature within the international soccer community, Becks coming here was the first step, a good showing by a few of the MLS teams will raise it further, so friendlies against good teams can only help and then to top it all off you have to go out and beat them, so it will be interested to see how everything goes once TFC's two friendlies become official.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!