Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Friendlies - July 5 and July 15?

looking like July 5 and July 15
    heard it this morning from someone close to the team
    he/she wouldn't tell me the teams
    if true, gonna be a busy July....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW...it will be a crazy july...oh man so many sleep-deprived wordays will ensue...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any word on the opponents?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait. It's starting to feel like offseason all over again with this 2 week layoff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man i have to be at a wedding on the 5th, and the only reason my buddy picked the fifth was because he figured there would be no tfc match b/c of the (now defunct) indy... guess all five of our tickets will be up for sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, the wife is gonna be pissed at me in July... haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fortunately, I don't have to much to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This'll be great for getting injuries!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Red View Post
    any word on the opponents?
    Pachuca and Independiente

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Seriously or you're just pulling legs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i REALLY hope that Independiente is one of the friendly opponents. that would be awesome.

I'm not a fan of these international friendlies in general but if we have to play them, I love the possibility that we will get a good quality Agentine side.

I know that there are alot of supporters of English clubs here on this board but those teams are all well covered by North American media outlets. We don't get nearly as much coverage of my favorite leagues (Argentina and Holland are 2 of my favorites, along with Italy, Germany and Spain) so I'll be really happy if these rumours are true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    i

I know that there are alot of supporters of English clubs here on this board but those teams are all well covered by North American media outlets.
    Which is why the league would be served better if we played those teams. I don't know Pachuca and Independiente and could care less about going to watch them and I'm sure they're are plenty of people like me. IMO if the league wants exposure in North America you should at least be playing teams that are familiar to some of the people and the media, and that's probably teams from the EPL... just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 5th?!?! DAMMIT!I hope the Independiente one is on the 5th so I can sell my tickets to an Argentinian friend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ you have the right to your opinion but I'm pretty sure that there are ALOT of fans (like me) that would prefer to sell their tickets than go see the average EPL side. Unless its Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea, I could care less about EPL football. I watch it but it just means nothing to me. I sold my Aston Villa and Benfica tickets last year because neither team was much of an attraction to me. Of course, for every person like me, there are plenty of supporters of both of those teams who were more than happy to take my tickets.

I'm curious how much Argentine soccer some of you have ever watched. Their domestic league is incredibly entertaining. A game vs. Independiente would be outstanding to watch.

Pachuca would be cool too but I'm not a very close follower of the Mexican leagues.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will probably be broke by the end of July. Whats a man to do! There is potentially a Chicago road trip to add into the mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independiente would be nice but I wouldn't even bother going if Pachuca was a friendly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That both would be exciting games, very interested to a South American team, looking forward to it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    ^ you have the right to your opinion but I'm pretty sure that there are ALOT of fans (like me) that would prefer to sell their tickets than go see the average EPL side. Unless its Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea, I could care less about EPL football. I watch it but it just means nothing to me. I sold my Aston Villa and Benfica tickets last year because neither team was much of an attraction to me. Of course, for every person like me, there are plenty of supporters of both of those teams who were more than happy to take my tickets.

I'm curious how much Argentine soccer some of you have ever watched. Their domestic league is incredibly entertaining. A game vs. Independiente would be outstanding to watch.

Pachuca would be cool too but I'm not a very close follower of the Mexican leagues.
    You're right I haven't watched much Argentine football, and I'm sure it's really good but, my point was from more of league perspective. They'd get greater exposure/marketing playing EPL teams in North America than teams from Argentina. The more exposure/coverage we get the better and I think EPL would benefit the league more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    Independiente would be nice but I wouldn't even bother going if Pachuca was a friendly.
    what? I'm confused here, are you a TFC fan? or just some other club fan who pretends to be a TFC fan? TFC is playing a Mexican team and you wouldn't bother going? but you go watch them play MLS teams? you wouldn't bother watching them play against the two time defending concacaf champs but you'll watch them play the shite Red Bulls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peskypetey - I think you're discounting the effect that having hispanic teams play could have as well. They are a huge demographic that the MLS has been targetting strongly for quite a long time. The league would probably benefit more from drawing those fans in than from focusing on the smaller group that watches the EPL in North America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Red View Post
    peskypetey - I think you're discounting the effect that having hispanic teams play could have as well. They are a huge demographic that the MLS has been targetting strongly for quite a long time. The league would probably benefit more from drawing those fans in than from focusing on the smaller group that watches the EPL in North America.
    Very good point, but, from a overall media perspective I still believe that they'd pay more attention to an EPL team with coverage, articles etc. and the average fan would prefer EPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How reliable is the Pachuca/Independiente rumour? Does anyone have a link or anything substantial to back this up? Either way it would be a nice bresh of fresh air for me, I only really follow serie a, EPL and MLS. Will be nice to see our future competition...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peskypetey View Post
    Very good point, but, from a overall media perspective I still believe that they'd pay more attention to an EPL team with coverage, articles etc. and the average fan would prefer EPL.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Toronto is pretty multicultural and so is the demographic of BMO field attendance. There is alllllot of people that want to see South American teams play here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't follow Mexican soccer but I've seen Pachuca play a few times. Always against MLS teams. Kind of takes the specialness out of it. For games that really mean nothing I prefer fantasy matchups rather than ones that likely will eventually occur in CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? I'm confused here, are you a TFC fan? or just some other club fan who pretends to be a TFC fan? TFC is playing a Mexican team and you wouldn't bother going? but you go watch them play MLS teams? you wouldn't bother watching them play against the two time defending concacaf champs but you'll watch them play the shite Red Bulls?
    umm....if you haven't noticed those games are friendlies....which mean they don't mean much....and a game against the red bulls actually means something.

but ya i guess you caught me bud...i'm just pretending to be a TFC fan for fun. i'm a STH and have been to pretty much every game and have been on this forum everyday before TFC even played a game. fucken moron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Funny, my source told me June 4 or 5 for Pachuca and July 15or 16 for Independiente. I guess we'll see. June 4 sounded a bit weird, given that it's only 2 weeks away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as TFC is playing, I’ll be there. Playing a good Mexican side like Pachuca is good preparation for the CCL. I still think we might see one of Sporting, Benfica, or Porto play TFC in addition to Pachuca or Independiente.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pachuca is the best team on the continent, if we hope to do anything in the Champions League, odds are we will have to go through them in a match for real. It will be good to get a preview of these matches.

Additionally, if West Ham is the premier match of the season for us, what kind of friendly opponents would we get? Stoke City? Yeovil Town?

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    ^ Seriously or you're just pulling legs?
    He is serious...those are the teams.