Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the weirdest thing just happened, I just bought the last dark grey season at 3:22pm... I thought they were all gone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my call at 1pm, only a few Field Seats left for Seasons.

The only TFC Partial Packages left were D-Home Finale and F-Carlsberg Cup both Dark Grey.

I got:

TFC Partial D-Home Finale Dark Grey sec 224 row 23 $354 x 2 = $708
    All Season B-Home Opener Med Grey sec 110 row 10 $419 x 2 = $838
    All Season C-Carlsberg Light Grey sec 220 row 10 $367 x2 = $734
    4 Seats to 6 Marlies games sec 118 row B

$2280 plus $12 shipping = $2292

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudy...at the time he said they were all gone...as my question was "So no seasons left anywhere...not even field" reply was "nope sold out".

There maybe a few more in partial pack areas like 224 but i basically said no prawnies for me and for sure as hell not 104.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada72 View Post
    Had my call at 1pm, only a few Field Seats left for Seasons.

The only TFC Partial Packages left were D-Home Finale and F-Carlsberg Cup both Dark Grey.

I got:

All Season B-Home Opener Med Grey sec 110 row 10 $419 x 2 = $838
    thats weird.. on my call at 9:00AM this morning the person i spoke with said that the closest he can get me for the exact same thing (home opener all season x2 tickets) was in row 13 in sec 110, which i bought.

i am a little suspicious with the consistency here, after phonzos story and now mine. what gives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gixmo View Post
    In my experience, that never mattered lol (See you guys there perhaps, cross your fingers).. 111 was always, well, overstocked at the back.. and I prefer the railing anyways!
    Except the occasional dick security guy who comes up to tell us to get down or he'll toss us, and we go right back up the second his back is turned.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my call a little while ago. Picked up 2 marlies packs for the entire season in row 19 of section 110. The rep told me that was the first row in front of the supporters sections. That should be pretty sweet, we can sit or stand as we like. I am pretty hyped as this is an improvement over sec 104, where I was last year.

(btw:no pairs in the SS for 110 or 111)

At the time of my call there were still single seasons in the Red sections on the east side and single seasons in the Club section. I would of gone for those but we spent last season standing in the beer tent and these singles are either several rows apart or about 20 seats apart, if in the same row. So we probably would have spent this season in the beer tent, or squating in someone else's seats hoping they don't show up. I think my wife would have killed me if I went that route again.

Sweet!!! Ok, lets get this season going already....

Gixmo

Ditto, I'm back but on a single - everything else was in 222/224 which was not appealing.

Full Time Seasons gone
    Red/Club Seats left, minimal pickings, no pairs

Last Thursday the 'Good seats' were all gone.. Whatev, Bent over.. but I'll forget about the pain in my ass come match day 1

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    Except the occasional dick security guy who comes up to tell us to get down or he'll toss us, and we go right back up the second his back is turned.
    Really? We didn't have one visit to 'get down'.. more or less, they were checking for the skunk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Had my call a little while ago. Picked up 2 marlies packs for the entire season in row 19 of section 110. The rep told me that was the first row in front of the supporters sections. That should be pretty sweet, we can sit or stand as we like. I am pretty hyped as this is an improvement over sec 104, where I was last year.

(btw:no pairs in the SS for 110 or 111)

At the time of my call there were still single seasons in the Red sections on the east side and single seasons in the Club section. I would of gone for those but we spent last season standing in the beer tent and these singles are either several rows apart or about 20 seats apart, if in the same row. So we probably would have spent this season in the beer tent, or squating in someone else's seats hoping they don't show up. I think my wife would have killed me if I went that route again.

Sweet!!! Ok, lets get this season going already....
    Out of curiosity, did you ask the rep if they could have "shifted everyone in the row 1-seat, turn the two singles into a pair, and you would have bought them"...?

I was talking to my rep about this earlier in the off season (as we were talking about the strategy to eliminate singles) and he said this is something "they'd look into"...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post
    thats weird.. on my call at 9:00AM this morning the person i spoke with said that the closest he can get me for the exact same thing (home opener all season x2 tickets) was in row 13 in sec 110, which i bought.

i am a little suspicious with the consistency here, after phonzos story and now mine. what gives?
    aigh it's interesting...i'm wondering if it has anything to do with multiple calls at once..whether each account rep was just given a certain block perhaps. Makes yelling at each other to figure out whats left easier...

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    the weirdest thing just happened, I just bought the last dark grey season at 3:22pm... I thought they were all gone!
    ???
    When you say "season" what do you mean?

Are you talking partial pack @ $354 or $405. before the tax and $12. handling fee?

Surely you aren't talking a full seasons ticket @ $931. before surcharges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as of 4 pm they only had field seats, as well as just the carlsburg cup partial in 224, as well as all of the marlies tickets

so i picked up the opener and finale, with marlies again in 110

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    aigh it's interesting...i'm wondering if it has anything to do with multiple calls at once..whether each account rep was just given a certain block perhaps. Makes yelling at each other to figure out whats left easier...
    It sounded to me like this was automated, searching via the PC. I had my guy going through sections rifling off what was available. The best he got was where I was...

Next year, I'll attempt to move em and add a single somewhere (beside) or near by for a pair, and then move on. Thankfully, my seat mate was able to stay on board with a different avenue, albeit different sections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    ???
    When you say "season" what do you mean?

Are you talking partial pack @ $354 or $405. before the tax and $12. handling fee?

Surely you aren't talking a full seasons ticket @ $931. before surcharges.
    Yep it was a full season in 224, it came out about $980. It is row 11 so it must be just after the red cut off but it is about $350 cheaper. Has anyone ever sat in row eleven? I have sat in 224 before and although it is quiet it is a great view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep it was a full season in 224, it came out about $980. It is row 11 so it must be just after the red cut off but it is about $350 cheaper. Has anyone ever sat in row eleven? I have sat in 224 before and although it is quiet it is a great view.
    One seat or a pair??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a single seat, that is probably how I got it. I was amazed and wasn't planning on getting one as I have one in the south but it is in the name of a friend. I was really just wanting to get on the platinum list so that I can take this ticket and try and get cheaper at the next relocation. I am guessing that because I only need a single I should be able to relocate to a cheaper seat more easily especially if the north stand is opened up to season tickets. If I do decide to sell my 224 ticket for next season it will be at cost and to a RPB if anyone wanted it. I am still to decide though as I just got it and the guy I have the ticket in the south end is a cool guy and it is good seeing him at the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a single seat, that is probably how I got it. I was amazed and wasn't planning on getting one as I have one in the south but it is in the name of a friend. I was really just wanting to get on the platinum list so that I can take this ticket and try and get cheaper at the next relocation. I am guessing that because I only need a single I should be able to relocate to a cheaper seat more easily especially if the north stand is opened up to season tickets. If I do decide to sell my 224 ticket for next season it will be at cost and to a RPB if anyone wanted it. I am still to decide though as I just got it and the guy I have the ticket in the south end is a cool guy and it is good seeing him at the games.
    Good for u, man. It's always easier when u are solo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Good for u, man. It's always easier when u are solo!
    Cheers Rudy, hopefully next season will be better on the pitch and hopefully we will both have a bit of luck at the relocation next year.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved a season seat from 224 to the top of 110 (supporters) this year. Having the single seat was the only way that worked out for me I'm sure.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so..........................i guess i'm going to have to call?
    i was told i was getting a call today, so unless they make calls at 930 at night? yeah i was forgotten to be called back
    boooo

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by celt-nick View Post
    I moved a season seat from 224 to the top of 110 (supporters) this year. Having the single seat was the only way that worked out for me I'm sure.
    That seems to be a common logic, pairs in the general vicinity weren't happening.. Who wants one in the lower bowl and another in the prawns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ask the rep if they could have "shifted everyone in the row 1-seat, turn the two singles into a pair, and you would have bought them"...?

I was talking to my rep about this earlier in the off season (as we were talking about the strategy to eliminate singles) and he said this is something "they'd look into"...

Carts...
    I didn't ask. That is certainly the way it should be, but I figure if they could do it, they would. A pair is a quick sell. I bet singles will slowly disappear over time. Or maybe not, someone will always want a single.

By the way, even though I got hosed again with Marlies tickets. I am pleased that all of the games are in the partial packs this year, and we don't have to go hunting for tickets for the stray game, a la D.C. United's game last year. I can now just sit back and pine for the season opener...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, are there any Gold-Lister appointments on Tuesday?

My rep told me I was about half way down the list of GL's but I have not seen any postings for Tuesday, which makes me think I was at the bottom.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post

I feel badly for those who spent $$ they could not afford last year and then were presented with no better option this season. Hopefully the contacts they have made thru the supporters group will allow them to attend some games this year.
    I agree, but some of us did move up slighlty. I.e. Last year my cuz was offered dark grey seasons, this year medium grey. Lucky Him.

As for me, last year - field side seasons or marlie "ransom" packs.
    This year - field side seasons, partial packs (no f-ing marlies)

Also the longer we wait the higher the price goes, wish I had seasons this year so only had to pay renewal fee - instead will have to keep fingers crossed for next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post

Could be because of exchanges - i.e. someone who really really wanted a pair of seasons, but only 2 singles available so he took them. But becuase cost was too high he was to split with his friends, who almost killed him when found out the tickets purchased were two singles, so he exchanged them for 2 partial packs instead But his loss is someone else's gain. Enjoy Torontocelt!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

set an e-mail via my ticket account
    hopefully i can still get something.
    i will not be impressed if they tell me i'm sol because of what occured.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My buddy just had his appointment and got a partial pack in 222..2 seats......I think 822.00 for 2 tickets...

They told him there were 5 pair of partials left in dark grey.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for those of you who want to be in a supporter section, enquire about 119
    when i had my appt yesterday morning all that was available in a SS in 111 and 110 were singles and triples, theguy knew I wanted to be able to stand so he suggested 119
    if you guys are in the same boat, you should at least ask abt the possibility of 119

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    My buddy just had his appointment and got a partial pack in 222..2 seats......I think 822.00 for 2 tickets...

They told him there were 5 pair of partials left in dark grey.
    Yup, Upper deckers all the way 'around. It was put to me that I picked up the last supporters section seat. Everything else was ' seated ' There were no pairs in the lower sections at all. Granted, this changes through-out the day.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn6597 View Post
    when i had my appt yesterday morning all that was available in a SS in 111 and 110 were singles and triples, theguy knew I wanted to be able to stand so he suggested 119
    if you guys are in the same boat, you should at least ask abt the possibility of 119
    119 I asked about, and was not available yesterday. 222, 224 & 1 single in 104 that was scooped before my appt ended.

Yeo - Something's a bit odd there, they were calling you? I'd call the Goal line as opposed to wait if I were you..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn6597 View Post

I was not made aware of this - I even asked if there were any triples and the answer was no. And any cheaper singles, and the answer was no. What gives????
    Last edited by SuperTCP; 12-15-2009 at 03:12 PM.