Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jitter View Post
    Forgive me for changing the topic here

I picked up a single seat in 109 this year and I'm just wondering how difficult it will be to change to a pair in the mid/light grey range for the 2011 season?
    That was one of my options, but I heard it maybe very hard for you to pick up another seat. You would have had to buy two single seats, in order to be able to relocate both next year.

I opted for buying a pair of field seats... Hoping to relocate them to cheaper pair next year.

Can anyone shed some light on these strategies?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if i have an appointment tmrw at 945, have I any shot at a ransom pack in 111? or are marlies packs just for 104 and elsewhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had my apt a few mins ago.

picked up an all sports pack in section 110 and marlies seats center row 3. it worked out well for me because my cousin loves the leafs/marlies so there is one xmas gift off my list and i was able to move away from dreadful 104 to the greatness of 110. i paid $100 more, but it was worth it for me to get what i got. overall i am overly pleased with the outcome compared to last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey don't diss the awesomeness of 104...oh wait..

mines this afternoon i'm hoping to make zee shift to 110

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post
    had my apt a few mins ago.

picked up an all sports pack in section 110 and marlies seats center row 3. it worked out well for me because my cousin loves the leafs/marlies so there is one xmas gift off my list and i was able to move away from dreadful 104 to the greatness of 110. i paid $100 more, but it was worth it for me to get what i got. overall i am overly pleased with the outcome compared to last year.
    Just curious as to what season's they have available if any....my buddy here at work has his appointment today or tomorrow....and is wondering.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Just curious as to what season's they have available if any....my buddy here at work has his appointment today or tomorrow....and is wondering.
    For Season's, they only have field seats...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine has his appointment today at 4:00

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    For Season's, they only have field seats...
    Looks like no season's for him.....thanks
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bastard held to Ransom... again...

I have paid the ransom... again
    Given the choice of a dark grey no ransom pack F for $405. or a ransom pack B in the light greys for $355.... well it was a no brainer.

Especially since the ransom pack was in the south end!
    Time to change my signature to Section 111, Row 30, Seat 11.

I could have two ransom packs but can't justify the cost given the cost of travelling that I incur each game I attend.
    By Plane, Train or Car... no game is to far.
    But we gotta watch those pennies.

Answer to a few FAQ...
    Q: If I don't buy when on the Gold List what happens to my standing on the list?
    A: I was told you would stay on the gold list but most likely get dropped to the bottom of it behind people who are buying.

Q: Can Marlie Tickets be returned for credit &/or resale like TFC tickets can?
    A: No can do. The demand is simply not there hence the ransom pack scheme. The suggestion is that if you are not going to use the tickets contact a charitable organization (Big Brothers was mentioned... kinda ironic say what ) and in some cases the charities may issue a tax receipt for some amount as a thank you.

Q: When can I expect my tickets and when do the Marlie games start?
    A: Marlie tickets should arrive within a few days. First game is Jan. 24th, 2010.

Q: As a partial pack holder I got little "love" from the club... no swag, no freebies... is this gonna change?
    A: No. But we do appreciate your business.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's kind of bs
    i guess that seniority thing means thing when not buying huh
    well not once did i see anything anywhere that stated i must have a credit card in order to purchase seasons.
    that is pretty upsetting in my mind. attempting to hold back on the freaking out.
    not impressed at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    I have paid the ransom... again
    Given the choice of a dark grey no ransom pack F for $405. or a ransom pack B in the light greys for $355.... well it was a no brainer.

Especially since the ransom pack was in the south end!
    Time to change my signature to Section 111, Row 30, Seat 11.
    how did you get seats in 111?? i had my call at 9AM today and all i could get were a pair in 110. did you get a single?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    that's kind of bs
    i guess that seniority thing means thing when not buying huh
    well not once did i see anything anywhere that stated i must have a credit card in order to purchase seasons.
    that is pretty upsetting in my mind. attempting to hold back on the freaking out.
    not impressed at all.
    I would call the office and offer some alternate solution...
    like money order/wire transfer to the office within a set period of time.
    Some people short on cash flow at the moment can resort to line of credit style of short term bank loan or bridge finance to get the $$ to ML$E and then pay off the line of credit in a planned way.

ML$E don't strike me as being totally unreasonable.... just hard nosed business types. That being said they may bend the rules a little and meet you part way. If you don't ask they won't have the chance to do the right thing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i just had my appt and had to get tickets in 119 if i wanted to stand, carlsberg package, no less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan16 View Post
    how did you get seats in 111?? i had my call at 9AM today and all i could get were a pair in 110. did you get a single?
    Yep. He had me lined up for a pair in 110 but being ransom pack tickets that was over my budget. I told him I wanted a single and in order to keep as many pairs together as possible we switched me to 111.

Not a problem for me as I will probably just join the rest of the 75 Mile Bastards and continue hanging off the top of 110

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the rep (I can not remember her name, but she was very nice for me being one of the last people she had to talk to that day i'm sure), had said that my only choice was to have credit card info available, once they had that, then they can accept a cheque from me.
    weird in my mind, not sure why i can not just send one? i mean i'm sure they're just trying to cover their bottom line and ensuring that a gold list season, is going to them and they're not going to skip out on it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know from experience how 119 is? have i made a mistake in going the west side route?

it MUST be a more supporter friendly environment than 104!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my appt this am too, but decided against getting anything. I cannot justify spending the extra $$ on an "all season" pack, especially at this time of the year. As Mark in Ottawa can attest, we used (between us) 1 ticket out of 12, and donated 8 to a local charity. The only reason the charity would take them was because it was a pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my appt at 9:45am. They still had no-Marlies partial packs in the dark gray sections 222 and 224. Home Finale and Carlsberg cup packages only - Home Opener are sold out. I took a pair in 224, I just couldn't bring myself to spend another dime on the Marlies.

They also have field side season ticket pairs available.

I too asked the rep whether or not you would use your place on the Gold list if you bought nothing. He said you would keep your spot, but lose access to the Ticket Exchange.

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    I had my appt this am too, but decided against getting anything. I cannot justify spending the extra $$ on an "all season" pack, especially at this time of the year. As Mark in Ottawa can attest, we used (between us) 1 ticket out of 12, and donated 8 to a local charity. The only reason the charity would take them was because it was a pair.
    Wow
    This is not good, as I am looking for a pair...

Not only is this sad, it's unfortunate.. Legitimate supporters last year who can't get in the door this year? Something doesn't make sense here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    Why didn't you get the dark grey TFC only? sounds like they were still available...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an appointment today at 9:45 and I was told there were no Dark Grey packages left (outside of the ransom packs).

Gixmo

Maintaining TicketXChange access I think is a priority for me, nor do I want to chance moving down the list.

Last year I called later, and offered a pair.. Goes to show you how this is spreading.

At least I will, hopefully, only pay ransom this year and then move on up.. Then back fill seats this year with the North Stand.

I'm crossing my fingers, I think I may cry is I get pushed out the door persay this year on peope buying spares for peers, scalpers etc..

PB, Help!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why didn't you get the dark grey TFC only? sounds like they were still available...
    Most likely because many accepted the ransom pack last season and overpaid hoping to avoid them this season by having become a gold lister last season and thereby jumping up the queue a number of spots.

Unfortunately the number of spots we moved up was not enough.
    The dark grey TFC only ticket I was quoted was more costly than the light grey ransom pack ticket. I decided to overpay again to keep my ability to continue to use the account manager. In essence it means that I am throwing away about $175. which I can just barely afford but am not happy about it. Not everyone can afford the $2k dollars for the seasons tickets that we were offered.

I feel badly for those who spent $$ they could not afford last year and then were presented with no better option this season. Hopefully the contacts they have made thru the supporters group will allow them to attend some games this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn6597 View Post
    anyone know from experience how 119 is? have i made a mistake in going the west side route?

it MUST be a more supporter friendly environment than 104!
    it is..but TRN (props to them for being able to play all game) but it may drive you nuts..it drives me nuts personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Yep. He had me lined up for a pair in 110 but being ransom pack tickets that was over my budget. I told him I wanted a single and in order to keep as many pairs together as possible we switched me to 111.

Not a problem for me as I will probably just join the rest of the 75 Mile Bastards and continue hanging off the top of 110
    Obviously.

I KNOW the 6 seats to my right are either corporate or scalper tickets because it's a different group of people each game. I'd love nothing more then to buy those and sell them to other RPB's to get the top rocking even harder then last year.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so as of 1:37.

Field Seats are now sold out
    Single left in 110 (upper)Partial Pack
    Ransom Packs still a few..home opener/home finale in bottom of 110..aka I'll be at the top as a wannabe 75mb...perhaps more of a 7.5mb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post

Ransom Packs still a few..home opener/home finale in bottom of 110..aka I'll be at the top as a wannabe 75mb...perhaps more of a 7.5mb?
    Phonzo, so you just had your call? are you sure they sold out of field seats? meaning there aren't anymore seasons at all?

Gixmo

Phonzo, so you just had your call? are you sure they sold out of field seats? meaning there aren't anymore seasons at all?
    Yikes!

That 110 Single would be nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post

We'll make room. We usually stand on the metal behind the seats, so there's some room in front of us. Just don't tell security.
    [B]75 Mile Bastards[/B]
    [B]Tailgate Team[/B] [B]Underling[/B]
    [B]Season Ticket Holder 110 Row 33 Seat 9[/B] [B]aka The Bastards' Perch[/B]
    [B]Red Patch Boy through and through. :scarf:[/B][SIZE=6][B][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Via Buffalo View Post
    We'll make room. We usually stand on the metal behind the seats, so there's some room in front of us. Just don't tell security.
    In my experience, that never mattered lol (See you guys there perhaps, cross your fingers).. 111 was always, well, overstocked at the back.. and I prefer the railing anyways!