Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine that they will reserve some seats for away supporters. Once MTL is in they will need more than 100-150 seats.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I imagine that they will reserve some seats for away supporters. Once MTL is in they will need more than 100-150 seats.
    If they moved away supporters there I think a lot of people would take that into account before moving. I know I would.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    you want more details on how you're statement was wrong? okay

in ONE of the big stands at the Velodrome in Marseilles.

^ that's 5 supporters groups in the same stands. The idea that 99% of team have one supporters group in one stand is just incorrect.
    When did I say ONE group? If I did, then my bad. I meant all the groups massed in one stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bet tfc will only let about 30 to 20% of the northend stand be sold to poeple on the waiting line. The 70 to 80% will be for groups sale's and ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    i bet tfc will only let about 30 to 20% of the northend stand be sold to poeple on the waiting line. The 70 to 80% will be for groups sale's and ticketmaster.
    I agree, the FO never planned to have such a small proportion of walkup seats to ST as we have now. This could be good news for the battle against scalpers if people have a better chance to get tickets through the box office. Hopefully, if the scalper's yield and profit goes down, eventually more of those ST will end up in the hands of real supporters.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like my theory that this was going to be announced after Season Seat Holder's had their relocation has come true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some answers:
    - we have asked Ex Place to approve this. According to the Globe article, the city needs to approve in January. All I know is we need to order seats and steel now, if we want to have this ready for next year.
    - we likely won't sell as a season ticket. We will try to spread these few seats over a much larger group of TFC fans.
    - the design calls for retaining the Carlsberg Patio. The first row of seating will be 9 feet above the patio.
    - Roogsy - despite typing "I'm reasonable" on this board, doesn't make it so. As they say on the internets: "Pictures or it didn't happen".
    - we hope to close the area between BMO Field and the Food Building for most games (like the Real Madrid and Puerto Rico games in 2009). during the CNE we would have to leave it clear.
    - I don't know where the $70k number comes from. I assume it is an annual number to BMO Field.

Details on how we're going to market these seats will become clearer as time goes on...but it is not a complete plan at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    some answers:
    - we have asked Ex Place to approve this. According to the Globe article, the city needs to approve in January. All I know is we need to order seats and steel now, if we want to have this ready for next year.
    - we likely won't sell as a season ticket. We will try to spread these few seats over a much larger group of TFC fans.
    - the design calls for retaining the Carlsberg Patio. The first row of seating will be 9 feet above the patio.
    - Roogsy - despite typing "I'm reasonable" on this board, doesn't make it so. As they say on the internets: "Pictures or it didn't happen".
    - we hope to close the area between BMO Field and the Food Building for most games (like the Real Madrid and Puerto Rico games in 2009). during the CNE we would have to leave it clear.
    - I don't know where the $70k number comes from. I assume it is an annual number to BMO Field.

Details on how we're going to market these seats will become clearer as time goes on...but it is not a complete plan at this time.
    A much larger group than the sometimes estimated 15,000 people on the waiting list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some answers:

It was a great atmosphere in that area Paul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some answers:
    that's interesting. so you'd still have the problem of people leaving their regular seats for the carlsberg patio

but would the stand be closer to the edge? the temp stand still had an aisle in front of it so the seats were further back.

i would think the best way to do it would be to have the front row right in line with the current concrete edge of the stand... (so it'd be a roof over the patio right to the edge), then have the entry/exit staircases about midway up the stand rather than at the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Paul
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think nascar has a good point here. My guess is also that this season the entire north stand will be game day only tickets. Three good reasons for this:

1. get the damn thing built to stop the argos coming in and worry about details later;
    2. higher revenues for the seats this season (no SSH discount) to offset the grass/stand costs; and
    3. allow the club to assess depth of demand etc and then decide whether to make the seats SSH next season, decide if they will be designated supporter sections, if so are SGs interested in moving, etc.

This allows the stand to get built, generates decent coin from 2010 onwards instead of 2011, hopefully puts a (big) nail in the Argos to BMO coffin and means that the club can include the north stand in relocations next season if they want to. Don't forget that including the north stand in relocations for next season still means there are 1200 new tickets for the waiting list in the subsequent "new tickets" procedure. Those 1200 new tickets will likely be in more expensive mid-pitch areas, but they will still be available. This plan actually fits with and continues the existing TFC procedure for relocations and new tickets. And it offsets making a decision on whether to designate the stand a supporter section for a full year while the club liaisies with SGs, thinks things through, etc.

Bottom line - build now and deal with fully next off season. Meantime, 1200 more people get to see the grass, JDG etc and with no SSH discount for MLSE to help offset the costs of the above.

If that's how it goes down, then I think it's a good move on all fronts.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    A much larger group than the sometimes estimated 15,000 people on the waiting list?
    I'd have more from the in theory 15000 on waiting list and people who want to buy tickets have access to the new seats than have them sold as seasons to a fixed number of people. Better spread.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this should now be called the Carlsberg Cave?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some answers:

First off, thanks as ever for posting Paul. Appreciate the feedback.

I'm disappointed to hear that the patio will survive. Or rather, that the patio will survive in a form that allows people to stay there and watch the game instead of being in their seats to watch the game. That's a big loss to the atmosphere and visual impact of full seats in the stadium.

Is the "don't sell as season ticket" plan just for 2010 and to be reassessed from 2011 onwards? That would make sense (see my post above).

Great news about the food building area.

Any insight on how this might impact the Argos' squatting attempt?

Roogsy - you gonna take that?!
    Last edited by Hitcho; 11-30-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also paul -- what's the proposed shape of the stand? would it simply be a rectangle filling the gap between the two group huts, or would it be shaped like a T and spread out east and west over the roofs of the group huts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    I'm disappointed to hear that the patio will survive.
    As I kind of implied in my post above, unless it's in the open air, it'll lose its charm.

Unless it's raining, in which case it'll be packed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't the stand be made as big as possible this time so they don't have to go back and add more(which WILL happen) later?

I mean 1,294 seats is good but if you're going to do something and go through all the agro, why not add 3,000 ish.

or is 1,200 all that can be housed down there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is potentially good news ... although I still do not like the fact that Carlsberg Patio will remain. Is that a contract issue by any chance? But overall, the addition of any new seats is welcome news.

Also, does this really make a difference in terms of the Argos? Were they not willing to play in a 90 yard field or something?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't the stand be made as big as possible this time so they don't have to go back and add more(which WILL happen) later?

I mean 1,294 seats is good but if you're going to do something and go through all the Argo, why not add 3,000 ish.

fixed!

I_AM_CANADIAN

The beer garden is actually staying?

Well, there goes my enthusiasm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for keeping the beer garden

Its my only escape from my snooze ville seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the difference between the north and south?
    that entire south section is already supporters, and it is not fully organized. Why dont we get the south working all together, before we try to expand and have everyone in the north?

I_AM_CANADIAN

The south is infested with scalpers, who are the main reason the stand can't be coordinated. This would be the perfect chance to get supporters into a dedicated section.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean 1,294 seats is good but if you're going to do something and go through all the agro, why not add 3,000 ish.

Doing the least to stop the the Argos and keep their fingers in the patio pie. Fine by me. For now.

mmmmm. pie.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an aside, even if this were a plan to extend the north end for a CFL end zone... that would cost insane amounts of money due to the large hunk of concrete there that raises things up above field level for the beer patio. If that were to be extended, the path between BMO and the Food Building would vanish permanently for the beer garden, and that would not fly with the CNE Board.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost nothing has surprised me more than the level of agitation/dislike around the beer garden on these boards.

MLSE and the City are probably going to ruin the beer garden with what there doing, so you're all going to get your wish I suspect, but geez, there's a bunch of little old ladies on here.

Do I really need to say that it should be OK for other good fans to enjoy their football in a way that's different than yours?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    The south is infested with scalpers, who are the main reason the stand can't be coordinated. This would be the perfect chance to get supporters into a dedicated section.
    as a few have said in this thread and phil among others beforehand, relocation to the north is NOT an option. Those seats are being created with a plan in mind. With that said, FO is willing to work with us in getting something worked out in the future. This will not be an overnight project. We will keep everyone posted on these developments.

Again, the North stand will NOT be available to supporter groups

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Almost nothing has surprised me more than the level of agitation/dislike around the beer garden on these boards.
    from some people yes, but not everyone.

for every one person whining in one direction, there's probably 10 keeping quiet the other way.

The beer garden is what it is - a place for people to stand, drink beer, enjoy their friends company and watch the game. I don't see anything wrong with it, and many people are the same. It would be like protesting private boxes - a no-win situation.

if it goes, and is replaced by something better - cool.
    if it stays, and people continue to enjoy it - cool.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

MLSE and the City are probably going to ruin the beer garden with what there doing, so you're all going to get your wish I suspect, but geez, there's a bunch of little old ladies on here.

Do I really need to say that it should be OK for other good fans to enjoy their football in a way that's different than yours?
    please don't. People just really want a section of their own.

The little old ladies section. We call ourselves the LOLers.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER