Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    you saw my post about the possible repercussions of not letting supporters to come visit? it will only hurt us on the road when people decide to only allow Toronto 70 seats (or whatever number we allow them) just to prove a point.
    So are you saying that a club is going to just let a couple hundred seats go unfilled - and unpaid for, just to stick it to us travelling TFC fans.

Yeah, ummmm, NO.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought, when hearing of this expansion, was that it would be a wicked area for away fans. 300 was also the number that came to my mind. Hold 300 for away supporters (which we all know would only ever fill on a few occasions) and determine their needs. This is done up to a month before gameday. Then release the rest to the general public.

I personally like the away support as it makes us step up our noise and makes for better atmosphere. I would even say lets allow away fans to purchase the whole north stand if they could (only Montreal would be able to do this realisitcally) the way we've done in Columbus in the past.
    Some of you think we need more tickets for our fans. Maybe so. I saw A LOT of empty seats at BMO this year. I have seasons, but since day one I've been buying singles or up to 8 for my friends and family, every game. I've almost never had trouble getting extra tickets for them. Maybe my RedPatch connections make it easier for me on occasion. But If there are people out there who are really having a tough time getting tickets for matches I suspect you aren't trying hard enough.

The beer patio I've always thought was cute but also pissed me off when I believed that it was sucking people from their seats. That was year 1 + 2, so what excuse do we have now? Even more seats are empty, and people come late and leave early en masse no matter what the score/importance of the match. That has me more angry than the silly beer garden.

As for this whole move the SGs to north end nonsense, I offer you this analogy: is it not akin to the same arguement that the Argos have for moving to BMO? And do you really think me being a SSH in 112, that I'll ever want to move anywhere else? PAH-LEASE! Dream on sunshines. The Bunker is our home.

PS: Nice play MLSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm liking all this.

I just hope the way rule also applies to CMNT games but keep the away fans from the goalie. I"d hate to lose a game based on someone tossing something. But feel free to toss stuff at the visiting teams. j/k
    lol

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    So are you saying that a club is going to just let a couple hundred seats go unfilled - and unpaid for, just to stick it to us travelling TFC fans.

Yeah, ummmm, NO.
    At Giants Stadium and Crew Stadium they give us a lot more than that when we come to visit.Obviously, though, their attendance is a lot lower than ours, but yeah.

Most clubs will allot a decent-sezed section to away supporters and also leave a fair bit of empty space between said away supporters and everyone else.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Always There View Post
    Addressing the current state of the South End, I'll say that I don't really care if people don't sing constantly. I think the energy is still great. People are really into the game and you can hear the passion on close shots, or calls that didn't go our way, or even when people see someone streaking down the wing looking for a long pass, the anticipation is palpable.

I mean no disrespect when I say that some of the songs are a bit played out. I sing sometimes but, as I've said before, it sometimes becomes nonstop ole' ole's and allez allez's. The few big chants we have are great and are well done. More will develop over time, but as for right now my opinion is that the South End and 111 corner are still a great place.
    The top part I am with you on, even if most people don't participate in the songs, etc. they are well into the game.

Thing is, unless you're watching a team like AC Milan or Barcelona who are 100% about attack, there are long lulls in-between scoring chances. I've always thought that must have been how singing at football matches started; something to do to make a long and sometimes dull game more interesting. If people only made noise during scoring chances, BMO would be a morgue for 95% of the match. That's why it'd be nice if more people sang.

As for overuse of allez and ole, that's an excuse that many people give and also one that is in my opinion completely invalid. People claim they don't like the songs because they're too easy and repetitive, and yet when more complex ones are attempted... See the Horto disaster for more on that. As I've pointed out more times than I'd like to count, even the simplest of chants can sound great when enough people make an effort. Don't blame the songs. Also, the simple fact is that rather a lot of Ultra songs use the words allez and ole. I could find a zillion examples for you.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

Yeah, ummmm, NO.
    Chicago supporters threatened that it would happen in the 2008 season.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was Chicago actually.
    During the time of what happened at the Crew Stadium, there was obviosly an ongoing fued on Bigsoccer.com, and i was reading a couple of TFC fans saying how "you have know support", you know the typical, and saying "you bring 10 people in our stadium, you just look like security".....

Alot of the Crew supporters on BS, were saying that they cant travel in numbers because TFC only released a minimal number of tickets to them.

It just seems like this is going to be an ongoin thing, and in the future Toronto FC will have to make way for away support. With the heavy support north east teams. THings will change DRASTICALLY when Montreal enters, and when D.C. United get their own stadium

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago supporters threatened that it would happen in the 2008 season.
    You're absolutely right. Chicago supporters did make such a threat. I wonder how many or them were speaking on behalf of the Chicago Fire's sales department?

Economics, Parky. No MLS club is going withhold tickets unless their stadium is already sold-out.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 12-02-2009 at 01:58 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    During the time of what happened at the Crew Stadium, there was obviosly an ongoing fued on Bigsoccer.com, and i was reading a couple of TFC fans saying how "you have know support", you know the typical, and saying "you bring 10 people in our stadium, you just look like security".....

Alot of the Crew supporters on BS, were saying that they cant travel in numbers because TFC only released a minimal number of tickets to them.
    The Crew supporters are full of shit.

They couldn't even fill their allotment of 100 tickets that was given to them, despite their big talk about "answering" our first invasion in kind. They managed something like 70 people, and had to cancel one of the two buses they booked.

The issue of traveling fans is not a big one yet, so I can see why TFC FO is not to concerned about it. Really, only Chicago, DC and Montreal have brought any real numbers to Toronto, and the largest of that group was the first Chicago game two years ago.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post

They couldn't even fill their allotment of 100 tickets that was given to them, despite their big talk about "answering" our first invasion in kind. They managed something like 70 people, and had to cancel one of the two buses they booked.
    Yep.

I followed these events closely and laughed heartily at the amoung of begging that had to go on among them to fill their buses eventually changing plans to vans and cars.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post

As for overuse of allez and ole, that's an excuse that many people give and also one that is in my opinion completely invalid. People claim they don't like the songs because they're too easy and repetitive, and yet when more complex ones are attempted... See the Horto disaster for more on that. As I've pointed out more times than I'd like to count, even the simplest of chants can sound great when enough people make an effort. Don't blame the songs. Also, the simple fact is that rather a lot of Ultra songs use the words allez and ole. I could find a zillion examples for you.
    Horto disaster? did you miss out on the later stages of the evolution of the song? Go on a road trip, or visit other sections, and you'll see just how strong the song is...

I_AM_CANADIAN

^ I've been in 127, and heard the better version in full voice. It has yet to catch on in 112, is what I'm saying.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I've been in 127, and heard the better version in full voice. It has yet to catch on in 112, is what I'm saying.
    it just takes effort and dedication to pulling it off... in 127 it started at first with a few people singing it, next week couple more sung it, week after that more people singing it... it developed through working on it in the 30-45 min pregame we spend in the stands, and at half times... with a bunch of people who just kept pushing it and not letting it die...

similar to how I presume TFC Bounce grew in popularity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always

Really, only Chicago, DC and Montreal have brought any real numbers to Toronto, and the largest of that group was the first Chicago game two years ago.
    ah 5/12/07 brings back some fond memories...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The top part I am with you on, even if most people don't participate in the songs, etc. they are well into the game.

Thing is, unless you're watching a team like AC Milan or Barcelona who are 100% about attack, there are long lulls in-between scoring chances. I've always thought that must have been how singing at football matches started; something to do to make a long and sometimes dull game more interesting. If people only made noise during scoring chances, BMO would be a morgue for 95% of the match. That's why it'd be nice if more people sang.

For me it's not invalid, it's a fact. I love to sing, but I get tired of singing allez, ole, or saying la la. I find sometimes it's just a bit much and repetitive. I'm a big stomper and have no problem with rhythm so at least I'm still involved. Like I say, I'm always in on the big originals.

What is Horto? If it's the one that goes "something has come over me", I'm not too big on that one. I didn't know of any efforts to have any long singalongs. If I ever hear something catchy, you can count on me.

With complicated songs I think it has to be something that everyone knows. Something that has been drilled into our collective brains because we've heard it a million times on the radio. Something non soccer related. Michael Jackson? Tragically Hip? Beatles? Just an opinion so I won't debate it as I know it's off topic.

I really want to see a design for the new North.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't this supposed to have been discussed by the exhibition board of governers at the end of this week?

has anything at all happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^They passed it. On to City Hall for final approval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's a beer garden in there, I don't see it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

I_AM_CANADIAN

Looks a lot better than I expected, it looks bigger than the temp. stand they had last year. Just a shame they didn't go all the way and have it go down to pitch level and get rid of the beer garden.

At least there's only an 8' clearance, I hope people stomp a lot and people stay in their seats more for fear of getting hit with a falling nut or bolt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bottom of the stands is 8' off of the ground at the lowest point. It seems the Beer garden will be able to remain, with a decent view of the pitch.
    It'll be the best place to watch from in the rain if you don't like getting wet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the beer cave, and not much of a cave.
    Sigh.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder what chanting would be like under there?

a bootleg roof

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    The bottom of the stands is 8' off of the ground at the lowest point. It seems the Beer garden will be able to remain, with a decent view of the pitch.
    That's if they can see through all the banners people will be placing along the railing.
    I didn't see it in the sketches but will they place some sort of netting behind the goal so balls won't hit the wheelchair warriors?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    i wonder what chanting would be like under there?

a bootleg roof
    If it remains hollow like that and the thing is made out of tin cans I'm sure some foot pounding will make for some nice racket.
    If it's anything like the away section at Crew stadium there should be some 'sweet spots' where a properly placed foot on the bleacher is just as loud as the Red Thunder or even LOUDER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beer garden is in front of the stands not underneath them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    The beer garden is in front of the stands not underneath them.
    If you look at the dotted line showing the "approximate location of the group sales suites", the current beer garden goes North at least that far I think - no?

The space in front looks to be no more than 8'

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh boy..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmhmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the dotted line showing the "approximate location of the group sales suites", the current beer garden goes North at least that far I think - no?

The space in front looks to be no more than 8'
    It's smaller than it used to be certainly.

I see what you're saying though. There does seem to be the possibililty of a slight overhang but there's no question that the beer garden can't be more than 15 to 20% of what it used to be.