Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Don't even go there.

Hillsborough was the fault of the coppers at the stadium and then it was covered up by the cops and the government. Nothing really to do with the facility as such (such as it was back then).
    Also had to do with Maggie Thatcher's wonderful idea of putting up pens inside football grounds.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

Oh man, the beer patio is NOT going to be a fun place to hang out!!! It;s going to be a claustrophobic, dark, underground cave. I guess there will be a lot of light coming in from the back, but it will likely lose its appeal pretty quickly.

What I would have liked to see happen is a stand across the entire lower level of the north end for TFC fans, the two boxes replaced with somethign similar as a small upper level of the north stand and the bit in the middle kept for walk up tickets.

I'll tell you waht else - from the perspective of the third image in rocker's post it looks ike the south west corner has been filled in - siiighhh....
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    Also had to do with Maggie Thatcher's wonderful idea of putting up pens inside football grounds.
    People - please leave the Hillsborough disaster alone. Seriously, it's not a good subject for an open discussion.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Ideally I'd like to see BMO set aside 300 seats for visiting supporters,
    but get an accurate number from them a month in advance. If they
    are only bringing 80 people, the other 220 seats go back to the
    general ticket pool. If they bring 300 people, there are no seats to go back.
    The trouble with this plan is that you will always end up with travelling fans grouped in with walk up fans, quite possibly SG type people who cannot otherwise get tickets or idiots who are casual attendees looking for a rowdy time with some beer. And that's just asking for trouble, even in MLS land.

And there's really no way to stop it either - you can;t say "oh they are only sending 80 people so we'll just mvoe 80 peopel out fo their seats and stick the away fans in thsi corner to avoid mixing fans together".

Away sections have to be away sections and unsild seats will stay empty. And that's why MLSE only wants a small away section. until travelling fans become a common fixture in MLS (if they ever do) then I cannot see this changing to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    I'll tell you waht else - from the perspective of the third image in rocker's post it looks ike the south west corner has been filled in - siiighhh....
    Perspective is very important when looking at these photos. The perspective in the new rendering is at a lower angle than the perspective in the original rendering. Given that the south-west corner has always been more snug than the south-east corner, it shouldn't be surprising that the south and west stands appear to be connected.